2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Under Vice President Joe Biden, face mask sales were at a record low!  Now we've brought those jobs back, we're cranking 'em out!  In just seven months, we've produced billions and billions of face masks.  Everyone's buying them, nobody's ever seen anything like this!  Nobody said we could do it but we did it, bigger than anyone's ever seen before.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Did you not get Nick at Night as a child?

For real I've seen every episode and I'm 31.

I dont think that's a very good comparison though. Eddie wasn't particularly bright just a con artist that everyone could see right through. He'd make a great Republican AG.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm still a little nervous as some of the young GOTV groups were the TPUSA, Young Conservatives, etc and they were meeting all through the closures, etc. The GOP was working on the ground quite a bit because they want to regain the House and keep the Senate. Through their targeted data analysis, they can dial in on the voters.

I'm hoping the more progressive young person lean is still a thing.

Trust me- you don’t have to worry about those numbers. They are a disaster for the GOP. 

Just now, Jhawkmvp said:

Do all wives have this gift? My wife dreamed that I went to a coffee shop (she followed me) and met 10 hot women, including one of her hot friends, and they were all talking about all the great sex I was having with them. My wife woke up mad and I got punched in the arm. "What are you doing with your dick?", she asked. What indeed.

That's a pretty standard wife thing I think. My wife had a dream I was cheating on her and kicked the shit out of my leg "in her sleep." I yelled out "what the hell was that for?" and she woke up.

Then she kicked me again, just a little bit more softly. "Because you were cheating on me in my dream."

"You realize that means I didn't actually do anything, right?"

"Then it's for whatever you did in real life that caused me to worry enough to have that dream."

You can't win, brother.

• Hook 'Em 2

That was my exact reaction.  OK, yeah, let's hang the coronavirus on Democrats.  
For fuck's sake.

I guess we’ll hear all about all of the COVID response plans and legislation those senators had planned, but darn it, the impeachment made even keep it all locked away!

I bet they’ll call it “The COVID Chronicles” or “The Birth of a Contagion” or “Triumph of the Ill.”

Goddamn. I said goddamn.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/the-early-voting-blog-3

link to another Nevada update. Dems are still in good shape. Hopefully they can pile on some this weekend. I’m watching Nevada closely because the blogger makes it easy to follow and it’s the Clinton state that’s most likely to flip.

Ralston's a badass.  Maybe the best single state voting reporter in the country.  Has his pulse on Nevada and he understands the demographics of the counties and what it will normally take for one party to win.  Great follow.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's a pretty standard wife thing I think. My wife had a dream I was cheating on her and kicked the shit out of my leg "in her sleep." I yelled out "what the hell was that for?" and she woke up.

Then she kicked me again, just a little bit more softly. "Because you were cheating on me in my dream."

"You realize that means I didn't actually do anything, right?"

"Then it's for whatever you did in real life that caused me to worry enough to have that dream."

You can't win, brother.

there's an old bob newhart joke that fits my wife (and many of yours) to a fucking t.

he's like, "my wife woke up and was very angry with me.  i asked her why, and she said she had a dream where we were at a party, and i was talking and flirting with a woman right in front of her.  and i said, why are you mad, it's just a dream.  and she said, because that's just like something you would do." 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

seems like the Trump go to move is sue, lose, and bitch about it relentlessly. 

He can’t lose once ACB gets approved. It’s why I really think he’s got the election in the bag and all this victory lap nonsense on the board is hilarious. If he doesn’t win the EC, he can easily get the Supreme Court to invalidate votes, stop recounts, etc. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He can’t lose once ACB gets approved. It’s why I really think he’s got the election in the bag and all this victory lap nonsense on the board is hilarious. If he doesn’t win the EC, he can easily get the Supreme Court to invalidate votes, stop recounts, etc. 

We’re not living in a third world country or a dictatorship (yet). I’m still skeptical that if Biden beats him fair and square with the whole world watching that he will be able to cheat or rig the outcome somehow.

13 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Perhaps we should look at North Carolina more closely?

one thing to remember is that Biden isn’t nearly disliked as much as Hilary was. He will do better with the independent voters in swing states than she did.

If there’s anything we haven’t covered much, it’s the fact that NC is in play and that Biden is less despised than Hillary. 

and before you get this is a good natured ribbing. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

If that happens there will be a civil war.  I think it is very unlikely.

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The other thing that doesn’t make sense is why is Trump trying so hard to win when he can just lose and rig it like some of you say he can or will do? Why bother to have 2-3 hate rallies a day and go all over the country if he’s just going to steal it if he loses?

He lives for those rallies.  He is an extreme narcissist who thrives off the praise and cheers he gets from his cult.  He will probably still have rallies after he loses.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The other thing that doesn’t make sense is why is Trump trying so hard to win when he can just lose and rig it like some of you say he can or will do? Why bother to have 2-3 hate rallies a day and go all over the country if he’s just going to steal it if he loses?

This part of the reason the campaign is broke.  Rallies are super expensive.  You do them to juice up the enthusiasm of your core supporters, but it’s not cheap.

That is what being President is to Donald Trump. That and what's been expressed above, it's a drug to him. It's his validation and fix that's gets him through the day.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

He lives for those rallies.  He is an extreme narcissist who thrives off the praise and cheers he gets from his cult.  He will probably still have rallies after he loses.

He 100% will and he’ll have to charge money and then none of his white trash supporters will be able to go or want to go see the same shit they’ve heard 100 times. It’ll be great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I agree that the rallies are like a drug for him, but the GOP is about winning and I suspect they are worried about the down ballot races. Tied to Trump can be good or bad depending upon the area and the race. Even if some of the most vociferous people appearing in the rally videos are paid or specific Proud Boys plants or whatever, all of that is for naught if the turnout lessens for the Congressional or state races. I'm not as dialed in as many of you are to specific political polls/projections, but as I was lurking around on other forums, I noticed a GOP guy for a Texas county was inflating crowd sizes probably to drive enthusiasm. He posted a pic from the Duluth rally with no cited source and said 20,000 people. It looked (to me) from the camera angle, that that was in no way accurate and I get irritated by stuff like that so I looked up the fire marshal's estimate, which was 3000. It's part of the bandwagon winning strategy and for a lot of people, it's effective.

To me, this isn't just about the head honcho. If whoever it was on here that said 'he's a symptom of the disease' speaks up, I'll give you rep in your next post because it's spot on. Whatever Faustian bargain the GOP has made with him, their leaders have in their cards multiple options and they are going to hold on to whatever gives them the best hand to win. If they have to walk away from this table at this time, then sure they will cut him loose to go off with Mark Burnett and script their own media empire marketing to the gullible, but if they see a slim chance to hold on, they may go for it, especially knowing they have over 200 Trump appointed judges scattered across the US. The RNC heads never thought the protest by GOP staffers monitoring the recount in Miami would work at first but it gained momentum and we got George W Bush as president. If it doesn't work, then they have laid the groundwork for the next assault.

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Because he loves doing the hate rallies.  Those, golf and stealing money are the only things he likes about the job.