2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

The UT-Tyler poll gives hope to those who want Biden to win specifically because of the why on his having the lead.

Democrat voters: 97-1 for Biden
Republican voters: 92-6 for Trump
Independents: 51-29 for Biden

All of those dovetail with the only realistic scenario where Biden wins Texas. Trump loses enough Republican voters to lose the State.

Also, even the remaining undecideds probably won't break for Trump:

image.png.c3d691b18804b19e8435d81df179e2d0.png

Edited by Huckleberry

Watching the Sunday shows and Texas wasn't even on their radar until Matt Down said Biden has a better chance of winning Texas than Trump does winning PA or MI.  They looked at him like he had two heads.  

The media (news, political, and sports) all live in a complete geographic bubble.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The years of wandering in the desert may be playing into a lack of interest for UT fans but I have noticed a marked decrease in my own emotional involvement for college football as well, and I’m an alumni and fan of arguably the most successful program of the last decade if not all time.

And it’s not just my love of Alabama Football, I have found many of my guilty pleasures and things I loved doing in the past don’t bring me as much joy.

I really believe the last four years have been not only damaging to the foundations of our country but have impacted our national psyche.

I’m not exaggerating when I say I struggle between knowing I need to keep engaged and informed on the daily, sometimes hourly, horrors this man and his administration has foisted on us and wanting to disengage completely because I find it all so personally depressing and distressing.

I can feel my mood sour and my general outlook on my fellow Americans plummet by just watching and listening to him. I go out of my way to not watch or listen to him. I will read a transcript or article instead.

I think the past four years, capped off with the changes in normal life brought on by the coronavirus will leave some permanent changes in so many things and we aren’t even conscious of all of it yet.

I’ve been feeling something similar for some time.  If you are tuned in and aware of what has been going on the last four years, things like college football seem pretty inconsequential.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Watching the Sunday shows and Texas wasn't even on their radar until Matt Down said Biden has a better chance of winning Texas than Trump does winning PA or MI.  They looked at him like he had two heads.  

The media (news, political, and sports) all live in a complete geographic bubble.

Agreed - I'm shocked how much this has flown under the radar. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

This may be old news, but I just saw a Trump ad where they showed a clip of Biden saying "I will listen to the scientists". 

"Joe Biden in his own words!!!".

I was really confused when I realized that was a Trump ad. Sick burn fellas. 

On Thursday night Biden gifted them a soundbyte about shutting down the oil industry and that’s the best they can come up with? Is Tom Herman running the Trump campaign?

• Rage+1 1

More on the UT Tyler poll

63-32...we're the fucking worst.

These. WTF, white people? That the ACTUAL fuck?

Although these numbers pretty much sesl the obvious truth: the Trump movement is entirely a desperate, fearful gambit of a demographic that has run this country unchallenged since its inception, often at the open and direct disadvantage of anyone not part of that demo (all the way across the board, from slavery to the anti-Chinese League, and a million other things), seeing that absolute, unchallenged control slipping away.

Obama is what put the fear of God in them (“Kenyan Muslim” we’re just code words for what really terrified them - not a white guy). They are now fighting like a cornered dog, and they have made their intentions (burn it all down) abundantly clear: of they can’t have this country, entirely and exclusively, nobody can.

Trump and his support isn’t about policy, or anything more than that. It’s an existential question for them: do white people (men) get to keep running this country exclusively, for their primary benefit, or might some non-white coalition come to power and (here’s the real fear) treat white people even 1/10th as shitty as they’ve treated anyone else?

Look at the numbers. Forget policy, the numbers tell us it’s not more complicated than that.

Oh, and as for shy educated white people aren’t part of that group so much? Because perspective and experience tell us that there’s more than enough prosperity to go around, and we’ve experienced and seen minority leadership/power sharing, and it’s fine.

Hey white people, it’s gonna be ok. Minorities in this country aren’t going to treat you like you treated them.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These. WTF, white people? That the ACTUAL fuck?

Although these numbers pretty much sesl the obvious truth: the Trump movement is entirely a desperate, fearful gambit of a demographic that has run this country unchallenged since its inception, often at the open and direct disadvantage of anyone not part of that demo (all the way across the board, from slavery to the anti-Chinese League, and a million other things), seeing that absolute, unchallenged control slipping away.

Obama is what put the fear of God in them (“Kenyan Muslim” we’re just code words for what really terrified them - not a white guy). They are now fighting like a cornered dog, and they have made their intentions (burn it all down) abundantly clear: of they can’t have this country, entirely and exclusively, nobody can.

Trump and his support isn’t about policy, or anything more than that. It’s an existential question for them: do white people (men) get to keep running this country exclusively, for their primary benefit, or might some non-white coalition come to power and (here’s the real fear) treat white people even 1/10th as shitty as they’ve treated anyone else?

Look at the numbers. Forget policy, the numbers tell us it’s not more complicated than that.

Oh, and as for shy educated white people aren’t part of that group so much? Because perspective and experience tell us that there’s more than enough prosperity to go around, and we’ve experienced and seen minority leadership/power sharing, and it’s fine.

Hey white people, it’s gonna be ok. Minorities in this country aren’t going to treat you like you treated them.

I’m a white male and part of that 32% and I approve this message. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This may be old news, but I just saw a Trump ad where they showed a clip of Biden saying "I will listen to the scientists". 

It takes a special kind of stupid to never listen to those who are either A) smarter than you in general or B) more knowledgeable than you in a particular area.  Of all of the stupidity exhibited by Trump and his merry band of dipshits, their preference to literally die rather than to listen, learn, live and flourish takes the cake.  I have never encountered a leader in any walk of life who is more profoundly and proudly ignorant than Donald Trump, and I can only ascertain that he has risen to the heights he has due to his gifted wealth and sociopath's audacity.  In any true meritocracy, he would have been weeded out by his own ignorance and incompetence long before now.  But here he is, the President of the United States, watching the COVID-19 slot machine spitting out a jackpot of death, smugly wearing his ignorance and stupidity as badges of honor.

Needless to say, fuck the piece of shit currently occupying the white house.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

The current angle being passed around by my old HS connections on Facebook is that Trump handled the coronavirus way better than Biden would have.

Let's put that to the old logic test:  the Obama administration hand-delivered a pandemic response plan to Trump.  This plan was initiated under W and further fleshed out by . . . Obama and Biden.  But sure, it makes sense that Biden wouldn't have had any idea how to handle a pandemic.  Right.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Hey guys, if you wanna be a patriot and in the TRUMP DONOR HALL OF FAME, you can be, but only for the next hour. And remember, it’s VERY competitive...,

“When you make your next contribution, you'll instantly join the ranks in the Trump Donor Hall of Fame. This prestigious group will be remembered forever as the Patriots who won us the 2020 Election, and we are offering YOU a spot.

The Trump Donor Hall of Fame is very competitive, and your offer is only available for the NEXT HOUR. After that, we'll be forced to reach out to the next Patriot.

Please contribute immediately, and you'll automatically get your name cemented in the Trump Donor Hall of Fame.”

I’ve been feeling something similar for some time.  If you are tuned in and aware of what has been going on the last four years, things like college football seem pretty inconsequential.

It’s been a nice escape. I was out on this season before Texas was exposed just because of how watered down it is bc of COVID - but in the “before” times it was always something you could count on to be a good time.

It takes a special kind of stupid to never listen to those who are either A) smarter than you in general or B) more knowledgeable than you in a particular area. 

Needless to say, fuck the piece of shit currently occupying the white house.

Fuck the pieces of shit who will vote for him again in 2020. Fuck them in their fake Christian, faux patriot traitorous asses. Fuck them for supporting an administration that killed tens of thousands of people, and who want to support it whiles it kills tens of thousands more.

And a special fuck them for not caring about tens to hundreds of thousands of deaths, but who go in rage about Benghazi.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I forget, do the trumpkins want inject the scientists with the Wuhan Flu or chop them up like the Saudis do?

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I forget, do the trumpkins want inject the scientists with the Wuhan Flu or chop them up like the Saudis do?

Last I heard it was firing squad.

More regarding VP travel plans:

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit-remember, any fall out from them spreading COVID to these communities would occur after the election, whether that be in number of cases, hospitalizations, or death.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I can't even fathom what the sales pitch is here.

Guess you better add David Simon to your follow list too @Biff Tannen

On 10/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Three rallies today will make him tumescent. Win or lose, he’s never setting foot in places like Lumberton, Circleville or Waukesha again.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I learned a new word today.

23 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Put more romance novels on your reading list, Biff. Especially historical ones with men wearing breeches and women wearing dresses barely holding in heaving bosoms.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I hope they know what they're doing.

Maybe they are going to do what happened in my community. There had been a couple of Trump car/truck parades which were a little annoying because the cars wouldn't let people not participating through to gain access to exit ramps, etc. So last week another community leader held a Biden/Harris parade but people marched and drove to the polls to vote. They had to leave their signage at the requisite distance, but it was a brilliant idea, IMO.

15 minutes ago, G650 said:

This is way cool! Good for them.