2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

This guy on reddit, who seems to be in denial about Trump not being popular in Texas, claims Trump will win Texas by more than his 2016 margin. That’s 9%. Naturally when I asked him to wager on it and donate to charity, he bailed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thepop said:

This guy on reddit, who seems to be in denial about Trump not being popular in Texas, claims Trump will win Texas by more than his 2016 margin. That’s 9%. Naturally when I asked him to wager on it and donate to charity, he bailed.

My stupid NextDoor feed is filled with mouth breathing dotard supporters that are convinced he wins in a landslide.  I have asked at least 10 of these morons to place a wager, but not a single taker.  They are gutless cowards like their mango messiah. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm confused about this.  Is he saying that more +65 black voters have voted than all black voters in 2016 or just +65 voters in 16?

The latter. I thought it was plainly obvious, maybe I take my advanced reading comprehension skills for granted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm confused about this.  Is he saying that more +65 black voters have voted than all 65+ black voters in 2016 or just +65 black voters in 16?

The former (with my addition), doesn't seem like it was written poorly. He only described the category once, and therefore it applies to both numbers.

Or the latter with my other addition. Your response is more confusing than his tweet. Ha.

Edited by Huckleberry

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

These. WTF, white people? That the ACTUAL fuck?

Although these numbers pretty much sesl the obvious truth: the Trump movement is entirely a desperate, fearful gambit of a demographic that has run this country unchallenged since its inception, often at the open and direct disadvantage of anyone not part of that demo (all the way across the board, from slavery to the anti-Chinese League, and a million other things), seeing that absolute, unchallenged control slipping away.

Obama is what put the fear of God in them (“Kenyan Muslim” we’re just code words for what really terrified them - not a white guy). They are now fighting like a cornered dog, and they have made their intentions (burn it all down) abundantly clear: of they can’t have this country, entirely and exclusively, nobody can.

Trump and his support isn’t about policy, or anything more than that. It’s an existential question for them: do white people (men) get to keep running this country exclusively, for their primary benefit, or might some non-white coalition come to power and (here’s the real fear) treat white people even 1/10th as shitty as they’ve treated anyone else?

Look at the numbers. Forget policy, the numbers tell us it’s not more complicated than that.

Oh, and as for shy educated white people aren’t part of that group so much? Because perspective and experience tell us that there’s more than enough prosperity to go around, and we’ve experienced and seen minority leadership/power sharing, and it’s fine.

Hey white people, it’s gonna be ok. Minorities in this country aren’t going to treat you like you treated them.

Our problem in Texas still isn’t the rural fucktards who vote republican 90% to 10%. The problem is the white Texans who live in the suburbs and urban areas who vote trump. Trump doesn’t represent their best interests, but they vote for him anyway because of white power and “ tax cuts”. The tax cuts don’t make a big difference in your life unless you’re in the top 10% of income. These people are wasting their votes in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

For as much as MAGAts love to tout Trafalgar getting the Midwest in 2016, they're awfully quiet about how bad Trafalgar was in 2018

It’s a shitty ass inaccurate poll that just got lucky because it dropped at the perfect time in 2016 right before the election when Comey was single handedly destroying Clinton’s lead.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It feels off to me that Texas could be even or within 2 points, but Ohio and Florida aren’t Biden +5 or so and in the bag. Haven’t they performed 5 or so points left of Texas for a while?

Combination of Texas undergoing demographic shifts that those two aren't (Ohio is still over 80% white and only 4% Latino, Florida was already Latino before so isn't changing, Texas is now even more significantly more Latino than Florida) and the fact that Texas is experiencing net immigration while Ohio isn't. And while Florida is still experiencing heavy net domestic immigration I think it's safe to assume that a lot of that is olds. Texas is experiencing more of its net immigration from college-educated working age adults.

I dunno guys, the Trunp train of fundraising seems unstoppable:

“ALL GIFTS 800% MATCHED

My campaign team just told me we may not make our October fundraising goal.

We CANNOT risk Sleepy Joe gaining momentum.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT before 11:59 PM TONIGHT to help our movement and it will be 800% MATCHED!”

Eight. Hundred. Percent. Guys, we might as well pack it in - they’re matching 800%! I mean, sure, it doesn’t say how, or by whom, but like that matters? You know they wouldn’t lie to us. Game over, man...game over.

It feels off to me that Texas could be even or within 2 points, but Ohio and Florida aren’t Biden +5 or so and in the bag. Haven’t they performed 5 or so points left of Texas for a while?

Ohio and Texas were aligned on the dot in 2016. Five points or so looks right for 2018, Ohio AG race was about the same as TX, governor’s race and senate race were about five points more D.

In Ohio in particular you’ve got a large uneducated white (aka cult 45) bloc that probably didn’t participate as much in 2018.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“ALL GIFTS 800% MATCHED

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT before 11:59 PM TONIGHT to help our movement and it will be 800% MATCHED!”

Eight. Hundred. Percent. Guys, we might as well pack it in - they’re matching 800%! I mean, sure, it doesn’t say how, or by whom, but like that matters? You know they wouldn’t lie to us. Game over, man...game over.

They're being modest. The real number is 800BAZILLION% MATCHED.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“ALL GIFTS 800% MATCHED

You must be a piker. Look what I got from Vice President Michael Pence-

900% “impact increase”. Do you still think I get the 900% increase of I donated at minute 64? I had to cash in a CD.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

“ALL GIFTS 800% MATCHED

I'm holding out until all donations are matched...in plaid!