2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

I appreciate Donald dragging this out. Makes Republican reconciliation harder and if it drags on long enough might suppress right-wing turnout in the runoff.
It also gives the crazies hope that it's not over, so they keep rallying and flying flags instead of blowing shit up.

Kind of like slowly letting an ex go vs scorched earth.

19 minutes ago, MajorMajor said:
1 hour ago, TexasEd said:
would it also be responsible for thoughts and prayers?

Susan would obviously be running the Sternly Worded Letter division as well

I’m all about cutting down on bureaucratic waste in the government.  Let’s put her in charge of furrowed brows as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This seems like a bad idea if you’re about to face a runoff election.

One party is pro-democracy. The other is anti-democracy. What middle ground exists between these two political ideologies?

None. None is the answer. Burn them down and salt the earth.

• Hook 'Em 1

Archaeologists are going to discover Trump's tweets 1000s of years from now and point to the beginning of the fall of the American Empire (hyperbole, just a bit though). This truly is a historic event we are living through. Trump is sealing his legacy in history and it is not going to be a good one.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

So after this asshole tries to dismantle the FBI and CIA and give (not sell) all of our intelligence and nuclear codes to Russia...will he be impeached again and will the senate finally grow a spine?

How quickly can this happen, just fucking impeach him again for this bullshit...he’s clearly going to appoint acting assholes to dismantle and take all intelligence with them to give and sell to the highest bidders (sell to anyone that is not Russia).

This dude is literally going to gaslight everything on his way out...I have no doubt that he will live in exile for the rest of his life.

A facebook post from someone from high school.  (white guy in his 60's).  He believes it with  a passion.

LISTEN UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Just FYI
Ok in a nutshell. This is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule that the election is invalid due to fraud or mistakes on a country wide scale.  It will go one of two ways, either they will rule that all the unconstitutional
mail in ballots will be removed and the states ordered to recount without them  or they will simply rule the election is invalid due to mass voter fraud and at that point it will be sent to the congress and senate for a vote. This is where it gets good. The house/congress votes on who the President will be. It has nothing to do with what party that has power. Every State gets one vote and 30 States are held by Republicans.and 19 by Democrats. They have to vote down party lines, they have no choice due to the 12th Amendment of the Constitution and the Senate votes for the Vice President where a similar even will take place.  This is The law.  This is why the Democrats are so mad at Nancy Pelosi. This will all happen in January. The only way President Trump won’t be President is if he concedes the election and that will never happen   So stop watching the fake news and don’t let your heart be troubled and live your life knowing this will all work out. President Trump will remain President   I have researched all of this and it is Fact!
Another fun fact, they call Gore the President Elect for 30 days in 2000 until the courts ruled against him and declared Bush the winner. And two people that were part of that decision was none other that new Supreme Court Justices, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Why do you think the Democrats tried so hard to keep them from being confirmed.

No more cert required? Whoo-hoooo!!

25 minutes ago, Tuco said:

When Trump got it, I hoped he would recover because I think it's a bad thing for a sitting President to die in office, even Trump.  A sitting Senate Majority Leader don't mean shit. 

26 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

MITCH HAS THE RONA

I'm hoping a rona is a worm that crawls up the sphincter where it develops skin like extra gritty sandpaper and needle-like teeth in several rows like a shark. As the worm eats its way up the digestive system on the way to the mouth, it grows in diameter and length and begins to secrete car battery acid.

The victim lives in horrible agony for months before the rona's ugly head emerges from the mouth and screeches, "Take me to Moscow, Mitch!" Then the victim's eyes pop out and he writhes for four hours before the sweet release of death.

Written in the name of the American republic, the quarter of a million Americans the GOP sentenced to die, and anyone who hates lying, destructive piece-of-shit lampreys who suck, in coordination with their foreign millionaire wives, everything they can out of this country.

Any Trumpist objecting to this: Fuck your feelings.

Edited by RomaVicta

19 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

It also gives the crazies hope that it's not over, so they keep rallying and flying flags instead of blowing shit up.

Kind of like slowly letting an ex go vs scorched earth.

I've been saying this for days.

The false hope here gives them a chance to go through anger/denial over a longer period of time

40 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm not talking to them. I'm talking to you.

Why? I already know that the idea of a rigged election is preposterous.

40 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And it's idiotic to try to talk to them about this topic on any level. At least, not directly.

Sure. But I think the point I'm arriving at is that as Trump loses power, they're going to have a hard time sustaining their enthusiasm. Since they won't believe that Trump lost to the American people, they'll arrive at the conclusion that he lost to the deep state. They're not going away as a problem, and they'll be susceptible to the next fascist, but there's opportunity to market to some of them that might want to join a mainstream political coalition that has actual power.

Edited by ndawg

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Or this

Fucking good. Stoke the flames. Get the crazies marching through the street yelling about conspiracies, Fox News betraying them, and the deep state. Force the normal (R) voters to take a hard look at themselves and ask if these are the people they want to prop up.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Fucking good. Stoke the flames. Get the crazies marching through the street yelling about conspiracies, Fox News betraying them, and the deep state. Force the normal (R) voters to take a hard look at themselves and ask if these are the people they want to prop up.

goodfellas GIF

Those people have already switched teams.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Stay in that closet, girl.

They've gone from challenging science to challenging math.

She's right that the media calling does not make Biden President, but the math they relied on (and waited longer than ever before to call) does.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

My employees are 100% sure SCOTUS will fix it. There isn't a doubt in their minds.

Do these same fine people throw out buzzwords like originalist, constitutionalist, or activist judges and assert their expertise because they listen to right-wing legal giants like Rudy Guiliani?

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Force the normal (R) voters to take a hard look at themselves and ask if these are the people they want to prop up.

Over 4 years and 2 elections, "normal (R)" voters have consistently, and with enthusiasm, supported these people.

What in the world is going to change now?

Edited by Foosters

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Will they still have a recount if the difference grows above the automatic recount threshold? I hope so. It needs to happen as one last fuck you to Trump and his extremists. No one needs 2 months of "They won't do a recount because they're hiding something!" tweets.

12 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Over 4 years and 2 elections, "normal (R)" voters have consistently, and with enthusiasm, supported these people.

What in the world is going to change now?

This time it requires them to jump on board a baseless assault on the democratic process that, by January 5, will have dozens of court rulings against it and an unsuccessful recount.

I would hope that's a little harder than looking the other way for Trump's other transgressions because you think Republicans are better for you financially.

Edited by aggie08

56 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He was never actually in the lead in any counts, so I don't know how that could be. 

Good call. I had altered the memory. 

Also, the GA SOS is the best republican in the state and the only one I’d ever consider voting for. He was the least Trumpy of the candidates in 2018 and has done a lot of good for elections. The absentee system is very easy and secure. His process has been open and his people seem competent. But like I said, least Trumpy.

I’m not sure what he’s done about the Brian Kemp voter disenfranchisement program, but I think Kemp would have scrubbed the list enough to deliver GA for Trump.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This time it requires them to jump on board a baseless assault on the democratic process that, by January 5, will have dozens of court rulings against it and an unsuccessful recount.

I would hope that's a little harder than looking the other way for Trump's other transgressions because you think Republicans are better for your financially.

Will they hear about negative court rulings? Will they media they exclusively consume explain to them what is actually happening? Right now, we have millions of people who believe the Dems are a LITERAL satanic baby-eating death cult. We have 70 million Americans who voted for the guy who, in the middle of a pandemic that has killed 250K+ Americans, said we just need to inject sunshine or bleach and it will go away. Since then, he has embarked on a several month long pout-a-thon and has refused to do anything to help Americans. I could obviously list dozens of additional examples of behavior that would have immediately disqualified any person from being a serious candidate for the highest office in the land during any other point in our nation's history. But again, the "normal" voters don't see that or they don't care. They have hand-waved away every single bit of information that would lead an ordinary person to reject him outright.

And honestly, where are those voters anyway? I know 2 types of republicans right now: Those who voted Biden and are physically ill at what is happening, and those that are all in on Donald. There's no middle ground.

I sure hope you're right, but nothing I've seen over the last 4 years - and especially the last 4 months - that leads me to believe this will move the needle at all.  

• Hook 'Em 1