2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Mitch's strategy for getting Trump to string along these legal challenges and not concede for two months to fire up Rs in Georgia is going to fail.  I think he knows it's a long shot anyway as the electors are chosen Dec. 14th and that date is as immovable as Election Day.  He's squeezing the last bit of theater out of Trump to mobilize in Georgia.  They still might win both anyway, but holy shit, they have to be concerned about Abrams.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1) I will believe PA refuses to certify the election results when I fucking see it. 2) Biden has GA, NV, and AZ - he doesn’t even need that state

Agree, I think that will ultimately be the result, but see below. 

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But to alter the existing certification process, they would need to take legislative action with the force of law.  With a Dem governor.

But I agree.....this is all going to get really, really, really messy.  Ultimately, I don't think the facts will be there to support any undoing of results....but we're going to go through hell to get there, and destroy our systems and country in the process.

https://www.axios.com/trump-election-leaked-audio-49fb8412-2033-4bed-8f1f-e459d1a8bb63.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Top Trump loyalists are trying to cling to power by firing critics, rehiring other loyalists, instructing federal government employees that the election isn't over yet, and threatening appointees that their future work prospects could get crushed if they try to abandon ship now.

Driving the news: In leaked audio of a Monday conference call with USAID staff, obtained by Axios, the agency's top-ranking official John Barsa told staff to "play until the whistle blows" and that "DC, at the end of the day, is a really small town" — which participants read as a threat to anyone who starts job hunting.

Monday's leaked call came as Trump and his inner circle continued to publicly deny the reality that rival Joe Biden has won the election.

Trump announced on Twitter that he had "terminated" Defense Secretary Mark Esper — "effective immediately."

Officials tell Axios they expect CIA Director Gina Haspel and FBI Director Christopher Wray to face the axe next.

The U.S. Agency for International Development, which falls under Mike Pompeo's State Department, did not respond to a request for comment.

On the USAID call, Trump loyalist Catharine O'Neill, newly installed as the agency's White House liaison fresh off a stint with the re-election campaign, declared: "The election is still happening. The Electoral College has not voted yet."

And Barsa also told staff that "there is no transition in place" until the General Services Administration makes a determination about who won the election, which GSA administrator Emily Murphy, a Trump appointee, has thus far resisted. This portion of comments from the call were first reported by CNBC.

Barsa referenced Friday's firing of USAID's second-highest ranking official, Bonnie Glick, saying simply, "Bonnie is no longer with us."

Beyond USAID, Trump administration officials are telling agencies' staffs that the usual presidential transition are not to begin because the election isn't over. 

A source familiar with internal discussions says some agency officials have been told to operate under the assumption Trump is serving a second term.

And as CNN's Jake Tapper first reported, and Axios confirmed, White House Presidential Personnel Office director John McEntee "is spreading the word throughout the administration that if he hears of anyone looking for another job they will be fired."

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, FOX News was so concerned that they let her make outlandish claims for a minute or so before saying "whoa whoa whoa that's CRAZY talk".

Yeah, check out their on-line headlines:

"Pence on 2020 race:"It ain't over til it's over..and this AIN'T over."

"Nev poll worker claims anti-Trump voter fraud, intimidation in sworn statement."

"McConnell supports Trump legal fight, says he has a right to request recount."

"Trump 'not backing down,' campaign manager says, urging staff to 'have patience' amid legal battles."

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What is really, really disturbing....is GOP is going to burn everyone and everything down for Donald Trump.

That's it. Trump.  A person who was a Democrat as recently as what, 6-8 years ago?

We all know they sold their souls the past four years, but now, they are going to double and triple down after the election?

For Trump?

They didn’t sell their souls. They were just enabled and were able to be more transparent about their souls. 

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That shit is edging dangerously close to destroying our POTUS election process, though. That's such a slippery slope. Theoretically if PA invalidated the vote and either abstained from participating in the Electoral College, or worse threw it to the guy who lost, that's end-game shit. What's to stop any state from sending whatever the fuck electors they want if the POTUS winner is in the other party as the legislature? 

That's fall of the Republic type shit. I know it's very unlikely to happen but the fact that we have a state even looking down that path is terrifying.

I'm guessing and praying that it's just a couple of noisy legislators looking to score points and not a real movement.

I mean...if elections don't matter then we don't have to have a civil war because the rules don't matter. 

Yeah, all this flailing over PA doesn't matter as long as AZ and NV hold. They can fidget spin all over the legislature and in front of the Supreme Court and Biden still has over 270. For Biden to not win, you need 3 of the 4 out if PA, NV, AZ, and GA to flip. If that happens, then we won't see stability in this country for a long time.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

That shit is edging dangerously close to destroying our POTUS election process, though. That's such a slippery slope. Theoretically if PA invalidated the vote and either abstained from participating in the Electoral College, or worse threw it to the guy who lost, that's end-game shit. What's to stop any state from sending whatever the fuck electors they want if the POTUS winner is in the other party as the legislature? 

That's fall of the Republic type shit. I know it's very unlikely to happen but the fact that we have a state even looking down that path is terrifying.

I'm guessing and praying that it's just a couple of noisy legislators looking to score points and not a real movement.

11f5f307726e86c8c3b6440f14bf43b2.gif

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Yeah, all this flailing over PA doesn't matter as long as AZ and NV hold. They can fidget spin all over the legislature and in front of the Supreme Court and Biden still has over 270. For Biden to not win, you need 3 of the 4 out if PA, NV, AZ, and GA to flip. If that happens, then we won't see stability in this country for a long time.

But, if PA does this, what stops Wisconsin from stepping up and trying the same thing.  Or Michigan.  Or Georgia.

I have no idea of the laws of these states, but the point stands.  Pennsylvania, if they try some kind of action on this, is going to embolden any predominately GOP state that Biden won to do something similar.  

5 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

it does matter. You can’t rat fuck your way to victory in a state you lost by 100,000 votes. It’s a matter of fucking principle. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What is really, really disturbing....is GOP is going to burn everyone and everything down for Donald Trump.

That's it. Trump.  A person who was a Democrat as recently as what, 6-8 years ago?

We all know they sold their souls the past four years, but now, they are going to double and triple down after the election?

For Trump?

Yes.  For Trump.  Because we're America, the Shining City on the Hill.  And when we decide to self-immolate, we do it in the style you would expect from AMERICA.

This is the end-game.  This is why the ledge exists.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's closer to 50,000

Without the already GOP rat-fucked segregated votes counted, correct?

biden will be up 6 figures there when it’s all done. And a deficit of  5, 50, or 50,0000 votes you don’t get to make up new rules through a gerrymandered state government to steal electoral votes. 

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not going to pretend to know how it all works. But launching some kind of investigation/audit doesn't feel like "law" to me, so I'm not sure that is something that can be "vetoed." 

their audit = bengazi hearnings for PA

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  For Trump.  Because we're America, the Shining City on the Hill.  And when we decide to self-immolate, we do it in the style you would expect from AMERICA.

This is the end-game.  This is why the ledge exists.

It is a cult.  They are behaving just like a cult. 

For Trump?

Yep because it’s not actually about Trump - it’s about power and the cover Trump gives to these assholes to do whatever the fuck they want.

You think Bush I or II or Romney or McCain would have pulled that Coney-Barrett shit?

McConnell and Graham love being able to hide their quiet shenanigans behind the orange clowny smokescreen that is Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lol they aren't going to invalidate the vote and assign electors, jfc people 

Thank you. This is all just posturing.

"Look Trump voters, we have our President's back."

As soon as Georgia recounts, or more of Trump's legal filings get laughed out of court, they'll quietly back off like the pieces of shit they are.

They aren't going to commit political suicide for Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is a maga parody post, right?  I genuinely cannot discern. 

Either that or Tapper does not know that Washington state and Washington D.C. are two different things.  But then I suppose he could just be that stupid.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

This may be the lasting legacy of Donny and Mitch....... Basically sowing discord to tear down the faith in our political institutions.

End.

Game.

This is how democracy dies.  Always.  Every single time.  Over the last four years, we haven't materially deviated from that script.  We're continuing to follow it, to a T.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2