2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He won't let himself be hauled off from the White House. He's barely there anyway. He'll be at Mar a Lago on Jan 20 and will pretend to be president from the "Southern White House" like the Avignon Papacy. He'll tweet as though he's president. But nobody in any position of power will care, especially world leaders. Except maybe Kim Jong will allow him to meet with him again, and probably Putin. It's gonna be a shit show for sure, but I don't see any real problems with the transition, even if Biden has to do it on his own. It's not like he doesn't know how to be president, he was VP for 8 years very recently.

I think you’re right.

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I mean it’s a petty move, but what’s the difference between now and ~60 days from now? If anyone was waiting until election to be looking for their next gig, they are a moron

It’s mostly the young staffers affected. If they weren’t such shitheels I’d feel sorry for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

It’s mostly the young staffers affected. If they weren’t such shitheels I’d feel sorry for them.

Stage a walkout. It would help them secure their next position, if anything. Getting some of the stench off of them.

• Like 1

To clarify the PA late arriving ballots that the Supreme Court was involved with for anyone that doesn’t yet understand how stupid this fight is. 

PA voting law said that ballots not received by Election Day would not count. The PA Democratic Party filed a lawsuit to get that extended due to covid and the unusually high number of mail in ballots delaying the delivery of those ballots. The PA Supreme Court, citing some voting rights provision in the PA constitution, extended the deadline for ballots arriving 3 days after the election could be counted. 

The GOP appealed to SCOTUS who in a 4-4 decision, chose to not hear the case.

The PA sos sent guidance to each of the counties’ elections office that they were to segregate those ballots and not include them in the count.

All available evidence indicated that the counties were doing just that. 

The GOP filed an injunction request to the SCOTUS on Thursday naming 25 counties that they did not have direct confirmation from that these ballots had been segregated.

Justice Alito issued an order that the ballots should be segregated, but never stated if these ballots should or should not be counted. 

From what I’ve heard is that after all of the other ballots are counted the counties were advised to tally the late arriving ballots but not include that number in the totals.

The Friday injunction is useless bullshit because:

1. The ballots were already being segregated, and by Saturday afternoon 63 of 67 counties had explicitly confirmed that the ballots were segregated.

2. These ballots would favor Biden at a roughly 75/25 split statewide. 

3. Joe Biden is already winning the state. 

I think the Trump team’s strategy was to invalidate a portion of the mail in ballots counted in philly during the period where they claim their poll watchers weren’t given appropriate access. And then hope that amount pushes Trump back ahead and then have the late arriving mail in ballots disallowed so that those are unable to make up any lead Trump may gain. And/or find some small backwoods GOP county that “accidentally” counted the late arriving ballots with the rest of the ballots, and then try to get the whole state’s mail in ballots invalidated.

I’m pretty sure the lawsuit over the poll watchers has already been shot down. 

since Joe Biden is ahead, the late arriving ballots are meaningless. 

I don’t see any reason whatsoever that any of the PA lawsuits will have any effect on the election and I think the only reason the media is talking about it is because there being a Supreme Court non-decision related to it seems to give the issue some level of merit that it doesn’t deserve. 

Edited by heso
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm starting to think that the president screaming for a year about how the election will be rigged was somewhat irresponsible. 

Guys - I've been pouring over the Facebook conspiracy theories and found one that might have some legs. 

A man that goes by the initials DT politicized the United State Postal Service and forced them to slow down the sorting of mail because he knew mail in votes would be heavily against Donald Trump in the 2020 election. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't think the timing of the Pfizer announcement has anything to do with the election. While not likely, I think its is possible that the timing was deliberate, and if that's the case, I don't think it would be political (I'm sure there are plenty of rich ass white conservatives at the top of that company) but for business and PR reasons. Everyone knows what would have happened if the announcement came before Nov. 3. Trump would claim credit as being solely responsible for the breakthrough, and would be promising that it would be available to everyone "in two weeks" as he always says. Of course it's still preliminary, and even if its ready, it won't be availble to everyone for months. So Pfizer would end up looking bad if they can't keep up with the president's claimed timing. If that's the case, its trump's fault for crying wolf too many times. Fuck him, can't wait til he's a regular nobody again.

So with North Carolina and Alaska not totally called, but obviously done in terms of being for Trump.  

The Donald has 231 Electoral CollegeVotes to go with 231k dead American CovidVictims.  

Nice symmetry Commander Dipshit.  remember this when we're laughing at your children putting you into the fucking ground.  At least they'll have ten minutes of peace. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Right.  There's massive fraud that literally tens of thousands of people must be in on and no one leaked.  And tens of thousands of Republican election observers don't have a shred of actual evidence.  But fraud must have happened, because there's just no way that a guy with 43% approval wouldn't get re-elected in a landslide.

35 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

I have always been amazed at folks that claim conspiracies as large as these without thinking for a second what it would take to pull off.  Bill Clinton couldn’t get a blowjob in the Oval Office without the whole world finding out but sure Democrats managed to steal a whole fucking election.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So with North Carolina and Alaska not totally called, but obviously done in terms of being for Trump.  

The Donald has 231 Electoral CollegeVotes to go with 231k dead American CovidVictims.  

Nice symmetry Commander Dipshit.  remember this when we're laughing at your children putting you into the fucking ground.  At least they'll have ten minutes of peace. 

Im not willing to rule out NC 100%. They still have over 100,000 mail in ballots to count. I think he still wins the state, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility 

17 minutes ago, heso said:

To clarify the PA late arriving ballots that the Supreme Court was involved with for anyone that doesn’t yet understand how stupid this fight is. 

PA voting law said that ballots not received by Election Day would not count. The PA Democratic Party filed a lawsuit to get that extended due to covid and the unusually high number of mail in ballots delaying the delivery of those ballots. The PA Supreme Court, citing some voting rights provision in the PA constitution, extended the deadline for ballots arriving 3 days after the election could be counted. 

The GOP appealed to SCOTUS who in a 4-4 decision, chose to not hear the case.

The PA sos sent guidance to each of the counties’ elections office that they were to segregate those ballots and not include them in the count.

All available evidence indicated that the counties were doing just that. 

The GOP filed an injunction request to the SCOTUS on Thursday naming 25 counties that they did not have direct confirmation from that these ballots had been segregated.

Justice Alito issued an order that the ballots should be segregated, but never stated if these ballots should or should not be counted. 

From what I’ve heard is that after all of the other ballots are counted the counties were advised to tally the late arriving ballots but not include that number in the totals.

The Friday injunction is useless bullshit because:

1. The ballots were already being segregated, and by Saturday afternoon 63 of 67 counties had explicitly confirmed that the ballots were segregated.

2. These ballots would favor Biden at a roughly 75/25 split statewide. 

3. Joe Biden is already winning the state. 

I think the Trump team’s strategy was to invalidate a portion of the mail in ballots counted in philly during the period where they claim their poll watchers weren’t given appropriate access. And then hope that amount pushes Trump back ahead and then have the late arriving mail in ballots disallowed so that those are unable to make up any lead Trump may gain. And/or find some small backwoods GOP county that “accidentally” counted the late arriving ballots with the rest of the ballots, and then try to get the whole state’s mail in ballots invalidated.

I’m pretty sure the lawsuit over the poll watchers has already been shot down. 

since Joe Biden is ahead, the late arriving ballots are meaningless. 

I don’t see any reason whatsoever that any of the PA lawsuits will have any effect on the election and I think the only reason the media is talking about it is because there being a Supreme Court non-decision related to it seems to give the issue some level of merit that it doesn’t deserve. 

Not to mention the obvious that those votes were cast in good faith.  SCOTUS would set the sky on fire (literally) if this election outcome was reversed based on this.  Shitloads of people would die.  Even Bretters and Amy would not do that.  Alito and Thomas, on the other hand.....

Edited by SizzleChest

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump claimed for a year it was gonna rigged with no evidence.

Deep Swamp- why not drained?

Because Four Seasons Total Landscaping just now got the call to come dig a trench and drain the brackish water.  Duh!

Four years in, I gotta explain to you guys how trough draining works?  Trump literally called it FOUR years in advance and then led you to a place called FOUR seasons landscaping which specializes in draining swampy areas near rivers/waterways/tributaries.  It's all there in the Rudy press conference.  It's being drained once and for all.  

1 minute ago, heso said:

Im not willing to rule out NC 100%. They still have over 100,000 mail in ballots to count. I think he still wins the state, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility 

The reverse of this is essentially Trump's only reasonable argument for not starting the transition: Technically there are enough votes out there in enough close states to allow him to win, even though they are from all the wrong places and are not coming in at the correct rates to fix his deficit. The rest of the bile he and his bootlickers are spewing is garbage.

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I have always been amazed at folks that claim conspiracies as large as these without thinking for a second what it would take to pull off.  Bill Clinton couldn’t get a blowjob in the Oval Office without the whole world finding out but sure Democrats managed to steal a whole fucking election.

Just in PA alone would have taken the coordination to push 50 of 67 counties (many GOP controlled) in the state 2-5% towards Biden while shifting Philly 3% towards Trump for believability I guess?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

My employees are 100% sure SCOTUS will fix it. There isn't a doubt in their minds.

Here too, but one of them accidentally asked on what grounds they would do it, and then the wheels fell off. Quickly went back to software errors and what not. 

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Tell them to get back to making the pizzas and talk about that shit on their own time. 

I was trying to talk to one about how the markets were doing this morning and joked about how we'll be able to retire early. The Trumpkin heard our conversation and asked "Oh so you have your money in the market instead of a 401K?" 

These are the people I have to deal with on a daily basis.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

3 minutes ago, heso said:

Just in PA alone would have taken the coordination to push 50 of 67 counties (many GOP controlled) in the state 2-5% towards Biden while shifting Philly 3% towards Trump for believability I guess?

These.  It's the single fact that makes all of these conspiracy theories garbage.  It would take hundreds, even thousands, of people with knowledge of the scheme and its purpose to pull it off.  NONE of them blab?  NONE of them get compromised and have to give up the truth?

It's not even in the vicinity of plausible.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I was trying to talk to one about how the markets were doing this morning and joked about how we'll be able to retire early. The Trumpkin heard our conversation and asked "Oh so you have your money in the market instead of a 401K?" 

These are the people I have to deal with on a daily basis.

You should reply "ROBINHOOD MOTHER FUCKER!!!!  NOTHING BUT TSLA CALLS!!!!!"

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

My employees are 100% sure SCOTUS will fix it. There isn't a doubt in their minds.

A facebook post from someone from high school.  (white guy in his 60's).  He believes it with  a passion.

LISTEN UP EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Just FYI

Ok in a nutshell. This is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule that the election is invalid due to fraud or mistakes on a country wide scale.  It will go one of two ways, either they will rule that all the unconstitutional

mail in ballots will be removed and the states ordered to recount without them  or they will simply rule the election is invalid due to mass voter fraud and at that point it will be sent to the congress and senate for a vote. This is where it gets good. The house/congress votes on who the President will be. It has nothing to do with what party that has power. Every State gets one vote and 30 States are held by Republicans.and 19 by Democrats. They have to vote down party lines, they have no choice due to the 12th Amendment of the Constitution and the Senate votes for the Vice President where a similar even will take place.  This is The law.  This is why the Democrats are so mad at Nancy Pelosi. This will all happen in January. The only way President Trump won’t be President is if he concedes the election and that will never happen   So stop watching the fake news and don’t let your heart be troubled and live your life knowing this will all work out. President Trump will remain President   I have researched all of this and it is Fact!

Another fun fact, they call Gore the President Elect for 30 days in 2000 until the courts ruled against him and declared Bush the winner. And two people that were part of that decision was none other that new Supreme Court Justices, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Why do you think the Democrats tried so hard to keep them from being confirmed.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

A facebook post from someone from high school.  (white guy in his 60's).  He believes it with  a passion.

Just FYI

Ok in a nutshell. This is going to the Supreme Court. Where they will rule that the election is invalid due to fraud or mistakes on a country wide scale.  It will go one of two ways, either they will rule that all the unconstitutional

mail in ballots will be removed and the states ordered to recount without them  or they will simply rule the election is invalid due to mass voter fraud and at that point it will be sent to the congress and senate for a vote. This is where it gets good. The house/congress votes on who the President will be. It has nothing to do with what party that has power. Every State gets one vote and 30 States are held by Republicans.and 19 by Democrats. They have to vote down party lines, they have no choice due to the 12th Amendment of the Constitution and the Senate votes for the Vice President where a similar even will take place.  This is The law.  This is why the Democrats are so mad at Nancy Pelosi. This will all happen in January. The only way President Trump won’t be President is if he concedes the election and that will never happen   So stop watching the fake news and don’t let your heart be troubled and live your life knowing this will all work out. President Trump will remain President   I have researched all of this and it is Fact!

Another fun fact, they call Gore the President Elect for 30 days in 2000 until the courts ruled against him and declared Bush the winner. And two people that were part of that decision was none other that new Supreme Court Justices, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. Why do you think the Democrats tried so hard to keep them from being confirmed.

Oh man.  Friend messaged that in a group chat last night.  I don't believe the part about Al Gore.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Just FYI

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Just FYI

I saw one earlier telling people not to fret because remember, people thought the jews had killed Jesus until he rose and ascended to heaven. Sadly, it was my elderly cousin that posted that so I just scrolled by. 

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Oh man.  Friend messaged that in a group chat last night.  I don't believe the part about Al Gore.

As I recall Gore conceded, then retracted. Nobody was calling him President-Elect.

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Looks like Tigerdroppings and aggy are still convinced Trump is gonna win after all the fraud is uncovered. The patriots will not be denied! Trump is draining the swamp from his golf course. 

They are lost.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I'm guessing Rolltide and War Eagle feel the same.

Alex, what is "websites who have a substantial qanon following?"

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

What you don't understand is that engaging these morons as though they're intelligent people

I'm not saying you should do something this stupid.

I'm saying that engaging them on this issue in any way shape or form -- either "intelligently" or by berating them or what have you -- is a waste of time. Instead, engage with them on other things, and in a friendly way. Then, once they have stopped seeing US as the "bad guys," that's when you start sneaking in little bits of evidence that contradict their strongly-held beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

The deplorables have no problem internally reconciling themselves with the flawed logic that you're exposing.

I'm not talking to them. I'm talking to you.

And it's idiotic to try to talk to them about this topic on any level. At least, not directly.

32 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Donald Trump is a fucking moron. The people around him are fucking morons.

Good read from the new site Defector founded by ex-Deadspin employees. 

This is perfect:

The chronic fear that comes from knowing you live in a country that elected a serially bankrupt charlatan from reality TV to be its head of state never goes away

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I appreciate Donald dragging this out. Makes Republican reconciliation harder and if it drags on long enough might suppress right-wing turnout in the runoff.

Hopefully he'll get pissed enough to tell his base to boycott the runoff due to lack of R support for his cause. He doesn't give a shit about the party.

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm not saying you should do something this stupid.

I'm saying that engaging them on this issue in any way shape or form -- either "intelligently" or by berating them or what have you -- is a waste of time. Instead, engage with them on other things, and in a friendly way. Then, once they have stopped seeing US as the "bad guys," that's when you start sneaking in little bits of evidence that contradict their strongly-held beliefs.

This is really key.  For my son and me, that's us letting them see that we're real-deal Texans, we own guns, we hunt, we work hard....all the stuff that runs counter to the "dumb libtard" narrative.  They see that we're good guys, aren't wearing Che Guevera shirts, yet we hold a different political position than they do.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, TexasEd said:
Florida was 537 vote difference state wide

That was the final. The original tally that caused the first preliminary recount was just over 1k.

Yes, and the relevant point is that the recount of millions of votes had a shift of 500.  Margins like we are seeing in PA, NV, GA, WI, MI are not going to be reversed by a recount.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This seems like a bad idea if you’re about to face a runoff election.

Particularly since the guy you are siding with just lost the election in the state you are attempting to win.  Sure, barely, but he is barely unpopular.  

Just now, TXSG8R said:

MITCH HAS THE RONA

When Trump got it, I hoped he would recover because I think it's a bad thing for a sitting President to die in office, even Trump.  A sitting Senate Majority Leader don't mean shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4