2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

19 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They're all creating a new bubble at Parler. Dana Loesch, all of the regulars. I don't think exchanging one platform for another to continue the lies is where America needs to be heading.

I think those who know better yet exploit these rubes while hurting the country are criminal. They're worse than the con man evangelist fleecing his flock because they harm more than their immediate victims (marks). They'll skate due to the Bill of Rights while they undermine the country that protects them.

Elmer Gantry should be on the required reading list in high school this year. Sinclair Lewis knew this country so well.  

If they just stick to Parler working themselves into a froth without doing anything, just maybe it could be a good thing, I suppose.

19 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

aggy just needs to wrap its head around the fact that some see trump as highly toxic and will vote accordingly.

Trump is a bully. Voters will vote against bullies when they truly believe their votes will end the reign of terror by the bully. Poli Sci 101. Voters had the power to end Trump's Presidency and they exercised that power against him. 

Interesting. This makes me think of how the Aggies (on Texags, anyway) love to believe that they are feared. Kyle Field is a terrifying place to play. tu is terrified of the sleeping giant. In their perverse insecurity, they long to think of themselves as setting the world a tremble while they are fearless on every front.

They typify the Trump cultists. Hell, they wrote the book. Fearful themselves of the stronger and smarter, they embrace the facade of a bully like Trump whom they must believe is kicking everybody's ass instead of seeing the reality of a narcissist failure without a scintilla of courage in his soul.

I wish I could go full cynic and just laugh at this, but I want to be hopeful. It makes me feel foolish.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Interesting. This makes me think of how the Aggies (on Texags, anyway) love to believe that they are feared. Kyle Field is a terrifying place to play. tu is terrified of the sleeping giant. In their perverse insecurity, they long to think of themselves as setting the world a tremble while they are fearless on every front.

They typify the Trump cultists. Hell, they wrote the book. Fearful themselves of the stronger and smarter, they embrace the facade of a bully like Trump whom they must believe is kicking everybody's ass instead of seeing the reality of a narcissist failure without a scintilla of courage in his soul.

I wish I could go full cynic and just laugh at this, but I want to be hopeful. It makes me feel foolish.

The whole Trump campaign is the embodiment of 'aggyism'. Trump trains/boat parades are akin to winning halftime and rally sizes = "look how packed our stadium is". 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

What's going on in Alaska and North Carolina?

Almost 200,000 ballots still to count each. Get it together. 

Alaska's state law says that they can't start counting absentee ballots until the Tuesday after the election, or something like that.

I think NC law says they accept all ballots that come in until the 12th, as long as they're postmarked by election day.

15 hours ago, BigXII said:

I didn't. I assume AMERICAN hispanics invented the term, because they evidently can't speak anything besides american spanish. Question though: Why did you assume I meant "white non-hispanics" when I explicitly said quote:

many spanish speakers in the US

This is precisely why the arguments for "latinx" are so dumb. Because anytime you present a real issue of cultural imperialism, you get jackasses like yourself trying to push this as some sort of racial issue. Get fucked loser. You know exactly what you're doing.

Spanish is not a homogenized language. Latinx is gibberish in much of spanish, unless your concept of "spanish" is limited to suburban areas in America.

"Latin" (pronounced "lateen") is already gender neutral and doesn't violate the rules of the language in any parts of the world. "Latinx" is american gibberish.

The only one pushing anything is you.  I agreed with you.  I don't like the term either.  I also said I would call an individual by that term if that individual wanted me to call them by that term.  

"Cultural imperialism" is meaningless when it comes to this topic.  And you're right.  Spanish is not homogenized.  So why denigrate native Spanish speakers in the USA and say they "don't get" the language.   I also haven't seen any push by anyone to make this a universal term in Spanish across every country.  Largely, the push, even within the USA, has been about the use of the term in English, not Spanish.  Something, again, I am also against.  And also, its a relatively small amount of people that are pushing this term at all. 

You look like someone who is just looking for a grievance, no matter how small, to justify your vote.  Instead, just own your vote outright.

26 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Folks need to slow their roll.  As I understand it, Pfizer just released an interim report that indicated things are going pretty well.  Cool.  But that report has not had peer review yet and there are still ongoing trials.  

100% this.  The fact Pfizer did not release this in a scientific or medical journal, even a bare bones/light touch review like PLOS One or another mega journal should give everyone pause.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Snake Diggity said:

One tactic Trump might use is to simply stall all the close states to prevent Biden from getting 270 EV by Dec 14.  At that point the House would decide the presidency, but by delegation instead of popular vote.  The current delegation favors Trump 26-23 (PA is tied), so in that scenario Trump would be made President.  Even that is not a guarantee for Trump, as delegations might not go purely along party lines, and the vote doesn’t take place until after the new Congress is in place.  If by some chance the House vote ends in a tie, the Senate then names the VP as President; that scenario also currently favors Trump/Pence, although subject to the same caveats as the House vote.  Ensuring battleground states (NH, PA, AZ, MI, MN, WI) resolve their recounts/issues and submit their EV for Biden timely should definitely be part of Biden’s priorities and planning.  Crazy shit.

This still scares me.

53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Recounts occur after certification right?

That is my understanding.  I suppose it varies some according to state law.  But I think the initial count is certified and then the recount occurs and, when complete, is certified.  Most of this, however, comes from the factual recitation in Bush v. Gore and skimming Texas' election statutes, as well as PAs.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

That is my understanding.  I suppose it varies some according to state law.  But I think the initial count is certified and then the recount occurs and, when complete, is certified.  Most of this, however, comes from the factual recitation in Bush v. Gore and skimming Texas' election statutes, as well as PAs.

What I find to be stupid about all this is Gore/Bush was 1 state, right?

Trump wants all this done in half a dozen states. 

All the comparing to the 2000 election is kind of irrelevant due to the numbers now vs these. We’re talking 8-10k votes as the lowest threshold in GA. 

Florida was within just a few thousand, correct? 

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This still scares me.

Seeing that they are 0-10 in litigation I don't think they are going to miraculously stumble on something this late in the game in multiple states to keep this from happening. 

There are many top dog GOP lawyers saying that the way they are approaching this is hilariously stupid. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

All the comparing to the 2000 election is kind of irrelevant due to the numbers now vs these. We’re talking 8-10k votes as the lowest threshold in GA. 

2000 was so fucking different than 2020 it's not even worth comparing. There is no pathway through the SC or through non-nefarious world breaking (literal international conflict) ignoring of the rules. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Imma go ahead and say all the vaccine conspiracy theories we are about to hear are true.  I hope Pfizer was show playing an announcement by a week or so.  If Trump is terrible for them for whatever reason and they know he is going to take credit for some vaccine progress will be the 2020 Comey letter, Good for them for doing the sort of campaigning they want. I’d love it. 

Well, Trump barked a lot about prescription prices.  And everything we know about Trump, and his executive orders along this line, indicate that he would have done about the most ham-handed effort at price controls possible.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if big pharma is more positively disposed to Biden.

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Seeing that they are 0-10 in litigation I don't think they are going to miraculously stumble on something this late in the game in multiple states to keep this from happening. 

There are many top dog GOP lawyers saying that the way they are approaching this is hilariously stupid. 

Hey for accuracy purposes they were able to get the view distance for observers down to 6 feet! 1-11!

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

One state, and the initial results were within 1k after the initial auto recount, and Bush was ahead.

All the states have strict rules for recounts, that take all this timing into account, and will handle this before the Dec. 8 safe harbor deadline under the Electoral Count Act. The big fear before the election was that the original count would drag on forever and the certification's would lag, creating the possibility of not making the safe harbor deadline and the house having to get involved. That's not going to happen here.  All the states will certify on time, any recounts will be processed, and electors will be awarded. It's possible the GOP legislatures could try to appoint electors, but I'd put that in the "black swan" area of the probability curve, especially because it's not clear how the courts would react to the legislatures acting

A. unilaterally

B. federal law says that vote laws have to be set before the election, and not after

Because these recounts aren't going to be like Florida in 2020( i.e. fighting desperately over a few hundred votes that can swing the election) they will go quickly.  The hard work of opening and certifying the ballots has/ is being done.  It's just a matter of running them through the machines again, and that can be done quickly. Also, I believe Bush v. Gore doesn't apply:  The majority specifically said don't use the decision as precedent.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

They're just not listening to Herschel Walker.

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lot of military votes in NC ?

I don't think there is a significant deployment from Bragg right now.  2300ish in Syria/Iraq.  26th MEU just returned from deployment in July to Camp Lejeune.  Absentee also includes civil service and other people living/working abroad, but I doubt it exceeds half the outstanding ballots, so maybe 50k as a WAG?

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

After this is all said and done I think we are going to need to come up with a new definition of "trump". It's definitely not this now. Trump (verb): beat (someone or something) by saying or doing something better.

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Sounds like a good way for the FBI to keep tabs on all of their crazy asses.

That was my thought, as well.

Also, there's probably some fertile ground for Democratic dirty tricks through agents provocateur.  But that would require the Democrats to be competent at such things.  And they're really not.

20 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Pugnacious former Trump director of national intelligence Ric Grenell posted on Twitter about his Parler account in June, declaring that he was joining the site because “I believe in free speech, diversity and tolerance.”

You want to talk about the Ministry of Truth? Sheesh.

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

It would kill the interactive part of the internet - which, although it would mean I need a new hobby, may not actually be such a bad thing the more I think about it. 

If I took the time I spent on the internet, spent half of it doing some extra consulting and the other half using that money to pay green fees, I would be much better off from a mental health perspective.  Hmmm.