Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

52 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a Trump fan.  However, I do like to think of myself as reasonable and fair.  I love to post anti-orange retard shit, but I feel a responsibility to the board to also post shit that goes against that narrative, if it's credible.  Luntz is VERY credible IMO.  If he says she's full of shit, it's my obligation as an involved poster here to pass that along. 

tl/dr FUCK YOU

Fuck me

Fuck you 

I didn't read your shit, but I'm comfortable that we disagree about something.  And you can take that disagreement and shove it straight up your ass.

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would love to see a grounded defense of POTUS punishing a private entity for legal activity.

If this isn't a 1A case, what is?  If the NFL doesn't want to punish players for expressing themselves in the manner they see fit, what right does the government have to intervene when no crime is being committed (hate speech, etc.)?

Am I missing something here?  Is Jeff Sessions not an attorney?  Can he not advise POTUS that this is a fundamentally flawed course of action?

Sure he can, and Trump has received lots of good advice that he’s ignored over the past year and a half.  Longer, really.  Even Howard Stern was like, “Don’t run for President.  Why the fuck would you want to do that?”

The problem is that Trump himself is fundamentally flawed.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t want to hear another complaint about me starting a new thread again

and I did link your thread once it was up.

So, in other words, you are just trolling, due to butthurt over criticism for starting too many separate threads?  Dude.

it shouldn’t have been posted in Politics at all, new thread or not.

Edited by scottsins

FFS you people are really upset about this.

I didn’t want to start a new thread but I did want one started.

Because shaggy is all about the mega threads, I view the Trump thread as a sort of default news of the day thread (perhaps that thread should exist).   You’re right, I posted it on the wrong board, and wrong thread.  Mistakes were made. Mea culpa. 

Give me a break.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

FFS you people are really upset about this.

I didn’t want to start a new thread but I did want one started.

Because shaggy is all about the mega threads, I view the Trump thread as a sort of default news of the day thread (perhaps that thread should exist).   Your right, I posted it on the wrong board, and wrong thread.  Mistakes were made. Mea culpa. 

Give me a break.

No. And backfilling to claim you weren’t linking it to politics (despite it being that QAnon outer tweet you reported) because you think this is the daily news thread is dumber that your use of your.  

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I view the Trump thread as a sort of default news of the day thread

That's kind of weird, man, and goes to his point about you maybe being a little too wrapped up in Trump.   I mean, I'm not upset about it.  But he's not wrong. 

23 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

No. And backfilling to claim you weren’t linking it to politics (despite it being that QAnon outer tweet you reported) because you think this is the daily news thread is dumber that your use of your.  

That was another mistake on my part in hindsight. That Twitter account name is misleading and I should have used a source that didn’t give the wrong impression.  That account reports all breaking news, not just political.  The Qanon part is just in their name right now.  Don’t believe me, check out their feed.

16 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's kind of weird, man, and goes to his point about you maybe being a little too wrapped up in Trump.   I mean, I'm not upset about it.  But he's not wrong. 

I do need a break from all this shit.   Gonna take a week off from the news and focus on fantasy football and fiction novels. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I do need a break from all this shit.   Gonna take a week off from the news and focus on fantasy football and fiction novels. 

Raise your hand if you think Hugo can go a week without posting.

Narrator: He can't

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's kind of weird, man, 

My rationale on that: 

it’s the thread on Surly with the most page views, nothing more.

33 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Raise your hand if you think Hugo can go a week without posting.

Narrator: He can't

Challenge accepted 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I view the Trump thread as a sort of default news of the day thread (perhaps that thread should exist).

That's bullshit and I doubt anyone believes you really think that. And if you really thought that thread should exist then you would've started it. 

16 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Of course he is. Or he’s a paid individual. Nobody does this all day every day just because. He puts up some useful stuff but for the most part is is massive shit posting. Thousands of posts in less than 6 months?

FCHorn level of posting.  Unexplainable.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Don’t do it.  That’s exactly what Russia wants you to do.  Keep fighting!

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

How the fuck exactly did a nutjob stealing a plane end up on this thread?   

Whoever put it here really needs to step back and think about the shit you try to link to Trump.  He's a fucking orange piece of shit, and I hope he chokes on a McRib, but he's not responsible for some nut stealing a plane in SEA.

Turbo props to you for saying that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, retread said:

KJU agreed to denuclearize, allegedly. We reneged on the terrible Iran deal, so that's not a problem anymore.

You mean the one that at least prevented Iran from working toward acquiring enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon for a decade? That Iran deal? The one that now they could conceivably start rebuilding their centrifuges immediately to refine yellowcake uranium to make enough material to create a nuclear device now? Is that the Iran deal you are talking about? The one where there was international oversight into the Iranian facilities? Surely that's not the Iranian deal you're talking about.

• Like 2

A 'Possibly Breaking News' catch-all thread is not a terrible idea.

Some of us, even though I don't consider myself an old, are not involved in social media. This board is more or less the extent of our social media. I work far too much to give fucks about solving the internet.

Hugo's SeaTac post in the wrong thread gave me about a 20 minute to an hour heads up. I hadn't noticed it yet in The Daily Texan and it wasn't being reported yet on Major Media outlets. My two year old son was visiting somewhere between Lake Cushman and Olympia.

• Like 1

head over to The Quad, sit amongst the magnolias and live oaks and breathe. after that, hit The Chimes, sit at the bar and enjoy two dozen raw along with a couple of drafts of Turbo Dog.

you’ll be right as rain.

[edit: and late night Louis’ nightcap for a crawfish omelet...with hash]

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Come on Nixon. All you have to do is fire him, you massive pussy.

Obviously, he projects a lot, but I really think he's underestimating Sessions.  

As I've said, Sessions was one of the first to support him, he's a Southerner proud of his heritage and his military service, and right now, there's a draft-dodging Yankee publicly tossing him under the bus, shitting all over him.

And he's publicly questioning Sessions's backbone, honor, and integrity.  That's a stupid fucking thing to do when it comes to an old-school prosecutor from the South.

That's a good way to make sure that Sessions is going to run interference for Mueller.

And Sessions and Mueller have a helluva lot more in common than Sessions and Trump.  

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was thinking about this last night.  I can't name a single piece of meaningful and HELPFUL legislation that this admin has passed.  Not a one.  Tax cut, lol.

didn't Trump early on stop the Republicans in Congress from doing away with the Congressional Ethics Committee or something similar, which was their first order of business.  Knew then this was going to be a piece of Republican shit Congress.  But that's the only positive I can think of.

Edited by Mdhorn

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Obviously, he projects a lot, but I really think he's underestimating Sessions.  

As I've said, Sessions was one of the first to support him, he's a Southerner proud of his heritage and his military service, and right now, there's a draft-dodging Yankee publicly tossing him under the bus, shitting all over him.

And he's publicly questioning Sessions's backbone, honor, and integrity.  That's a stupid fucking thing to do when it comes to an old-school prosecutor from the South.

That's a good way to make sure that Sessions is going to run interference for Mueller.

And Sessions and Mueller have a helluva lot more in common than Sessions and Trump.  

Sessions does what he does because he's a straight up Southern racist that literally couldn't wait to start deporting Latinos.  So he does have that in common with Trump which is enormous.  But I sure as hell wouldn't put him in the same boat as Trump's other racist cabinet since unlike the others, he actually has a backbone and a pretty cruel one. And the fact he stayed on as long as he has shows he doesn't give two fucks about what Trumps says.  He got what he wanted, is doing the deporting part of his job with glee and has given Trump a big F'k you --fire me if you have the stones.  I think Sessions has worked with Trump behind the scenes but won't carry his water in public.