Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 hours ago, Cacti said:

You’re certainly not the first poster on this board who has put the label of traitor on anyone who voted for Trump. As a matter of fact, words such as traitor, racist, immoral, fascist, an enemy of democracy, etc. are commonly used to describe all Trump voters.

So before expressing gratitude to our veterans this weekend, just remember that they voted for Trump by a 2 to 1 margin. Be careful; given those odds it’s very likely that your appreciation will be directed to a traitor, a racist, a fascist and an enemy of democracy.

As someone who served...

A lot of us are complete dumb fucks. Brainwashed to do whatever some big wig corporate billionaire asshole pays off the politicians to make us do. I never fully bought the bullshit and did my time before honorable discharge and walked away knowing what we did was mostly immoral and wrong. I questioned the corruption, but so many others do not have the mental capacity to do so. They are the lemmings. The sheep. The trumpers. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I support conservative fiscal and foreign policy Does that make me dishonest, unintelligent and bigoted?

Hahaha 2 trillion dollars of tax payer money/debt added straight to the pockets of billionaire corporate assholes by the people you support and you think it's fiscally conservative. You need to take a test because I'm 99.99 percent sure you're full retard. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Hahaha 2 trillion dollars of tax payer money/debt added straight to the pockets of billionaire corporate assholes by the people you support and you think it's fiscally conservative. You need to take a test because I'm 99.99 percent sure you're full retard. 

I'm more forgiving.  I'm only .01 percent sure he's full retard.

Never go 99.99 + .01 percent full retard.

I support conservative fiscal and foreign policy Does that make me dishonest, unintelligent and bigoted?

No you don’t support conservative fiscal and foreign policy and saying you do makes you dishonest, unless you think this administration’s fiscal and foreign policy is conservative, which would make you unintelligent.

I'm not going to criticize him for missing the WWI ceremony. The contrast between his character and those being memorialized is too sharp. His presence would be an insult to everyone who fought. My hope is that he will continue to stay away from anything honoring any kind of service or sacrifice for the greater good. He doesn't belong. This is the first thing that he's done that I support.

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Trump is running scared now.  He would have never no showed the commemoration if it had happened before the midterms.  He would have committed jackassery at the commemoration, but he would have showed up and tried to steal the spotlight. 

Makes me think something big is afoot and Trump knows it.  

And coming soon!  Coin #7!  I kid you not, "A Study in Genius: President Donald J Trump":

2012-08-28%2011.34.18-3.jpg
The White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946®

# 7 Coin in the Historic Moments Coin Collection as Seen in Worldwide News 

PRE-ORDER FOR LIMITED TIME AT A SPECIAL DISCOUNT

SHIPPING DELAYED - NOW SHIPPING END NOVEMBER

Title
A Study in Genius: President Donald J. Trump
A Concise, Substantiated, Fascinating, and Enjoyable to Read 50 
Page Published Monograph 

Edited by TexLonghorn
Is there a more needy, desperate-for-accolades man on the planet?

And coming soon!  Coin #7!  I kid you not, "A Study in Genius: President Donald J Trump":
2012-08-28%2011.34.18-3.jpgThe White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946   # 7 Coin in the Historic Moments Coin Collection as Seen in Worldwide News 

PRE-ORDER FOR LIMITED TIME AT A SPECIAL DISCOUNT

SHIPPING DELAYED - NOW SHIPPING END NOVEMBER

Title
A Study in Genius: President Donald J. Trump
A Concise, Substantiated, Fascinating, and Enjoyable to Read 50 
Page Published Monograph 

Get the fuck outta here. This is performance art at this point right?

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'll will reiterate that it makes zero sense to me that the President of the United States is more adversarial to the German Chancellor, one of our largest world partners, than the Russian President.

One owns him and other doesn't 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

“Vladimir - come sit at my table.  No one else will.”  

I look forward to someday hearing the other leaders thoughts and strategy about trump once he’s out of office.  Like us, they are stuck with him now.

Macron was pretty transparent with what he thinks two different times. But it would be great to be a fly on the wall when they are talking about him. Probably a mixture of laughing and fear because he's such and idiot, but they have no idea what he's going to do yet knowing what power he has as potus. 

This guy gets it, trump is rejecting the suburban, educated white voter:  https://www.weeklystandard.com/michael-warren/they-dont-like-him-that-much

Compare the exit polls from 2018 and the previous midterm election. In 2014, half of all college graduates voted for a Republican House candidate, while just 39 percent did so in 2018. Among white college graduates, 57 percent voted GOP in 2014 compared with only 45 percent in 2018. In 2014, voters from households making between $50,000 and $100,000 annually went for Republicans at 55 percent. Four years later, only 47 percent of those voters pulled the lever for the GOP.

These suburban voters are not Trump’s base. In many ways they are the segment of the party Trump’s candidacy was designed to ignore, downplay, or even antagonize. Republicans in these districts aren’t as alarmed by immigration. They prefer the benefits of global trade to the protections of tariffs. They bristle at Trump’s coarse style of politics that punches first and asks questions later. For these voters, civility and moral leadership are more than just niceties—they’re motivating issues. The message Trump and the GOP send, either incidentally or intentionally, is that these Americans matter less. Increasingly, they’re listening.

I know several suburban voters that only vote republican because they’re “supposed to.”   They identify with the long time branding  of the gop.  If they would stop to think, they would vote democrat.  Or perhaps not vote at all.

The current first lady recently declared herself "one of" the most bullied people in the world, but her most recent predecessor isn't quite buying it. In an interview with NPR, Michelle Obama responded to Melania Trump's claims about being bullied, and suggested that first ladies should develop a thicker skin when it comes to receiving criticism.  NPR's Audie Cornish interviewed Michelle Obama about her upcoming book release, and asked whether she can relate to the feeling of being bullied more than anybody else on the planet. Obama was crystal clear in her response.

"I can't," Obama replied, according to a transcript. "I can't look around at what's going on and view myself as — I wrote about the fact that, how I learned not to sort of take myself so seriously in this role was when I would meet military families, and spend time on bases, and I would see the sacrifice that these families would make and the hardships that they would bare because they would have a loved one serving and dying and putting their life at risk. I admired them and it made me feel like, 'let me not complain out loud about anything that is happening to me.'"

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'll will reiterate that it makes zero sense to me that the President of the United States is more adversarial to the German Chancellor, one of our largest world partners, than the Russian President.

But it makes perfect sense that Donald Trump is. He's not the office. The idea that the office would subsume him and humble him was a gentle fiction we told ourselves when the election was called in his favor.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Hmmmm, where are the Trump hacks and apologists? I’m sure they’re formulating what new dishonest statements about “the left” that they can throw up here to distract from and excuse away how disgraceful their leader and party are.  

Still gloating on the Beto thread, I imagine.

• Like 1