Shooter in Cedar Park- multiple LEO's shot responding to initial call

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought this got posted in DT. I'm confused why everyone has decided to make this political. 

Oh wait, I'm not confused, just wondering why you fucksticks didn't start your own safe space thread in the CR.

You're upset that someone posted something you didn't like and you want DT to be place where you don't have to read things you don't like. Do I have that right? Are you suggesting that you want DT to be a space where you feel safe from posts that you don't like? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Someone cloakroomed it, but it wasn’t me. It was Cajun.  If you don’t like people making bullshit political commentary in your safe space, maybe you should police social work it a little better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Are there really that many stupid people here that think this is a good post?
Y'all realize that the movement to reform the police would not send social workers to violent situations, right? Where cops wouldn't be sent is to mental health situations, etc. Good Lord I never realized how many idiots there are in the world, and believe me, I thought there were a lot.

First question, yes. Second one, no.

8 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

You're upset that someone posted something you didn't like and you want DT to be place where you don't have to read things you don't like. Do I have that right? Are you suggesting that you want DT to be a space where you feel safe from posts that you don't like? 

No, this is actually pretty simple. There are certain guidelines for posting that people try to adhere to here. It's annoying when people don't adhere to them and fuck up threads because of a misplaced sense of righteousness.

But if you want to be a contrarian cunt about it go ahead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No, this is actually pretty simple. There are certain guidelines for posting that people try to adhere to here. It's annoying when people don't adhere to them and fuck up threads because of a misplaced sense of righteousness.

But if you want to be a contrarian cunt about it go ahead.

I definitely understand. You feel unsafe when someone does not adhere to the guidelines. You need a space where you feel safe. You're also probably going to need a warning of some kind before you read a post that might trigger a negative reaction from you.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I definitely understand. You feel unsafe when someone does not adhere to the guidelines. You need a space where you feel safe. You're also probably going to need a warning of some kind before you read a post that might trigger a negative reaction from you.

I don't come here to discuss politics you wanking piece of dick cheese. And if i do feel like discussing politics, I do it on the forum that we have titled "politics". Is this a difficult concept for you to understand? 

30 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

On your map I’m a little over an inch to the right of Sommer Elementary

I must go right by it, but I am a little bit lost on the bike. From the Brushy Creek Trail, we go through Olson Meadows Park (which I think is Oak Brook and the Village of Brushy Creek), but really I don't know where I am at that point until we end up on Avery Ranch Blvd for a couple of blocks.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I want my two dollars.

See, the problem here is that… my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh… my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out and hijacked a school bus full of… penguins, so it’s kind of a family crisis… so come back later? Great.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't come here to discuss politics you wanking piece of dick cheese. And if i do feel like discussing politics, I do it on the forum that we have titled "politics". Is this a difficult concept for you to understand? 

I understand you. You do not want to talk about politics in a thread about the police, the group that is charged with enforcing the laws of our cities, states, and country. The laws that are passed by politicians ... wait, sorry, I should not have said politicians. I am so sorry. Let me go back and add a trigger warning to the beginning of my post so that you don't feel threatened in your safe space of DT. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Y'all realize that the movement to reform the police would not send social workers to violent situations, right? Where cops wouldn't be sent is to mental health situations, etc. Good Lord I never realized how many idiots there are in the world, and believe me, I thought there were a lot.

Easy Huck, it was a purposefully outlandish and ridiculous attempt at gallows humor, nothing more.

You know my history here posting on "Heroes".  I worked at three Level 3 Mental institutions and I've seen more than my share of LEOs fucking up mental health encounters.  

I get it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Cajun is fairly well on record as not being a big police supporter.

Gotdamn, even BT got it and tagged on with appropriate spirit.

On another note "Contrarian Cunts" would be a good name for a GoGo's cover band in the style of Grunge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Where did he say he felt unsafe or state what his political views are?

12 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I understand you. You do not want to talk about politics in a thread about the police, the group that is charged with enforcing the laws of our cities, states, and country. The laws that are passed by politicians ... wait, sorry, I should not have said politicians. I am so sorry. Let me go back and add a trigger warning to the beginning of my post so that you don't feel threatened in your safe space of DT. 

This thread isn't "about the police". It is about an incident where several cops were shot or shot at. 

An easy way to tell that it was meant to be a discussion about the event in question as it is being reported, and not a discussion about overarching political ramifications is that it was not posted in "politics".

You are aware that there are threads about the same topics with virtually the same thread titles posted both in politics and non-politics forums, correct? Or does that concept blow your fucking mind.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Yet you post here?

I laughed at the bad joke.

Well it is a fine line between assholes posting and stupid people posting.

And for the record, those are not mutually exclusive groups. I guarantee that someone posting in this thread qualifies  as both (maybe it's me)

17 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Where did he say he felt unsafe or state what his political views are?

He never stated his political views and I never presumed to know them.

As far as him feeling unsafe, well he never said it, but read his posts. He's lashing out just like my son does when he's tired and cranky. He just needs a quiet, safe space. Maybe a blanket would help, but I'm not sure.

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This thread isn't "about the police". It is about an incident where several cops were shot or shot at. 

i hate to tell you this (and again, sorry for not putting a warning before this post), but policemen and policewomen are political actors. So, sometimes when a discussion comes up about them, political ideas are going to be mentioned. 

Actual news update:

Multiple Cedar Park Police officers were shot while responding to a scene where a man barricaded himself inside a home with three people, believed to be family members, on Sunday afternoon.

Cedar Park Police Interim Chief Mike Harmon said in a news conference that three police officers were shot and were treated at a local hospital on Sunday. All three officers are considered to be in stable condition with non-life threatening injuries. One officer remains in the hospital on Sunday night, according to CPPD.

At last report, the man remains barricaded inside the home with the suspect’s mother, a juvenile and another person.
—————————————

Interim Chief Harmon said the mother told police her son kicked in the door of the home and was acting aggressive. When officers arrived at the home at 2304 Natalie Cove around 3:10 p.m., they were met with gunfire as they entered the home. That’s when officers returned fire in the direction of the man.
——————————-

The man is believed to be in his mid 20s with previous reports of mental health issues. Police said they do have a history of responding to this residence, but are unsure of the nature of the previous calls.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/cedar-park-residents-asked-to-avoid-area-of-bagdad-road-due-to-police-presence/

Hope it ends well. Sad stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hate said:

So we don't know who the shooter is or why he/she shot but we already know he/she has a history of mental health issues that if only the LE had funding for therapy they could have intervened and stopped this situation? 

Cops saying they’ve been called to house before. Shooter believed to have mental health problems. 

Just now, Larry T. Spider said:

Mental health problems and guns are a bad mix. Hopefully they are able to end this without anybody else getting hurt.

Makes me wonder if they already killed the guy when they returned fire and that’s why he’s not coming out. Any reports on whether or not they have made contact?

Police don’t know if man was hit by the officers’ gunfire and are unsure of the kinds of weapons the subject has inside the home.
———————

Police have been in periodic contact with the man and the family members. Interim Chief Harmon addressed the man in the Sunday night news conference, asking for a peaceful resolution to the situation. 

“If you’re listening, please come out and surrender yourself peacefully so we can resolve this situation tonight,” said Chief Harmon.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/cedar-park-residents-asked-to-avoid-area-of-bagdad-road-due-to-police-presence/

he may or may not have been injured but I figure if he were dead his mom, the juvenile and other person in there with him would be free to come out?

7 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Gracias. They should send in two plates of enchiladas. I would have the energy to fight and would just want a nap.

It’s just a shit situation all around. He at least has one gun, possibly more. There’s a kid in there. The suspect is mentally ill. Uggghhh....

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

He never stated his political views and I never presumed to know them.

As far as him feeling unsafe, well he never said it, but read his posts. He's lashing out just like my son does when he's tired and cranky. He just needs a quiet, safe space. Maybe a blanket would help, but I'm not sure.

I think your son sounds like his Dad when someone doesn't agree and or have the same same view points as him. 

Edited by Bash Riprock

Police don’t know if man was hit by the officers’ gunfire and are unsure of the kinds of weapons the subject has inside the home.
———————

Police have been in periodic contact with the man and the family members. Interim Chief Harmon addressed the man in the Sunday night news conference, asking for a peaceful resolution to the situation. 

“If you’re listening, please come out and surrender yourself peacefully so we can resolve this situation tonight,” said Chief Harmon.

he may or may not have been injured but I figure if he were dead his mom, the juvenile and other person in there with him would be free to come out?

The man is believed to be in his mid 20s with previous reports of mental health issues. Police said they do have a history of responding to this residence, but are unsure of the nature of the previous calls.

Maybe they should have sent a social worker.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Easy Huck, it was a purposefully outlandish and ridiculous attempt at gallows humor, nothing more.

You know my history here posting on "Heroes".  I worked at three Level 3 Mental institutions and I've seen more than my share of LEOs fucking up mental health encounters.  

I get it.  

Sadly, without knowing your background, the post could have been written in all seriousness by some people. I wasn't sure how to take it because I don't really know your context.

Next time use the sarcasm font for those of us slow on the uptake.

^^sarcasm makes it political

ultimately, that's the problem with trying to use a piece of an ideological platform as the punchline of a joke. those are the serious and sincere thoughts from some serious and sincere people about how to make government serve better, which are in the spotlight right now.  if that platform is distilled down to a one-liner and used jokingly, it's an attack, if used seriously, it's supportive sloganeering. 

it's a trap to go there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Surprised a good guy with a gun didn't nip this one right in the bud

I tend to sit outside other people’s houses with my gun in the anticipation that I may have to defend their house.   
Yep, that’s what I do 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Sadly, without knowing your background, the post could have been written in all seriousness by some people. I wasn't sure how to take it because I don't really know your context.

Next time use the sarcasm font for those of us slow on the uptake.

Fair enough.  If you don't spend much time on "Hero" threads then I can see where the post would garner some of that kind of response.  I took it for granted.

Here's a bit of context for you.  Just a few of the hundreds (if not over a thousand) posts of mine in the same spirit regarding "Heroes"...

Image 8-17-20 at 6.44 AM.jpeg

Image 8-17-20 at 6.43 AM.jpeg

Image 8-17-20 at 6.46 AM.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1