2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

That was not a great section for Joe.  And it will do some damage. But this election runs through suburban women, and I doubt that will mean shit to them now, and definitely not in two weeks. 

also, this is a Texas board full of o&g guys. It’s be like a UMaine board talking lobster regulations.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I don't think so. I can tell you from personal experience that there are very few votes for Biden in the oil industry and the industries in its orbit in Texas. The people who will parrot this line that Biden is going to kill the oil industry already thought the Democrats were going to kill the oil business. They'll beat the drum hard on it, but the reality is that Biden isn't losing any ground over oil comments. That ground wasn't his to begin with.

The point both of us made was no need to provide the sound bite. It is not about getting votes it is about not giving the other side energy to come out and vote.

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Honestly what are the odds Biden could win Texas?  I think that’s the only state this could impact.  But it seems Trump is gonna take Texas either way.

Very low but some polls have it close so people got happy. Biden was never winning Texas. We're still a cycle or 2 away from that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oil and gas people are the same as cops, private, prison, and big pharma folks.  They vote overwhelmingly republican. I doubt it hurts bidej too much because he was losing nearly all of those voters anyway

I work in O&G and I voted Biden. I also work for the number one renewable energy company in the world. Sounds conflicting, but it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

That was not a great section for Joe.  And it will do some damage. But this election runs through suburban women, and I doubt that will mean shit to them now, and definitely not in two weeks. 

i'm sorry, what will do some damage? literally neither candidate will be damaged by anything said

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Here is why everyone are cucks

People are freaking out about Biden saying we need to transition to Renewables 

and ignoring Trump saying immigrants are idiots who follow the rules 

or Trump melting down over Wall Street, Facui, Children in Cages 

This, so much this. 

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

Really? Outside of CA?

Think of the impact for the auto industry. They don’t want to waste money making 1 set of cars for CA and then making another for rest... and CA for better, for worse... can throw their weight around and help influence this type of policy more broadly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

On the oil bite...just unneccessary. I know plenty of folks that were looking for a reason to vote for Trump

I’m sure Biden cleans that up to be clear he was talking about subsidies.  However those folks you are referring to...they were already voting for Trump.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Honestly what are the odds Biden could win Texas?  I think that’s the only state this could impact.  But it seems Trump is gonna take Texas either way.

538 had Biden with a 30% chance to win this afternoon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:
Some of y'all are acting like Biden just fumbled Texas at the goalline with that oil subsidy remark.  It's more like 3rd and Orlando from his own 15 with Texas.  Don't get your hopes up.

Joe Burrow says nbd

Too soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’m sure Biden cleans that up to be clear he was talking about subsidies.  However those folks you are referring to...they were already voting for Trump.
Not saying it moves the needle overall...but I indeed know lots of folks at IOCs who if they havent voted will think about their jobs with Brent at $40 and a slow recovery.

Think of the impact for the auto industry. They don’t want to waste money making 1 set of cars for CA and then making another for rest... and CA for better, for worse... can throw their weight around and help influence this type of policy more broadly.  

I just don’t know, seems far fetched for 2035 (I believe the target today).

If precedent is any indication, small engine manufacturers are already making two versions of engines...regular and CA versions.