Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

Not much UT can do. The objective stats showing the disconnect between calls in UT games and no -UT games would absolutely carry weight in a court discrimination case (that’s how discrimination is proven), but there is no way the media can understand them. 

However, they do understand, “Texas is a whiny titty baby”, which is how the B12 office would explain it. Plus, that’s a juicier story. 

I think Texas is doing the right thing, with Sark’s subtle post game jabs and in game yelling. It’s all we can do. 

Actually there is plenty the team could do. One is to play the fuckery on the godzillatron on the big screen with quotes by Wiser and Yormark interspersed with the two sided officiating and spots. As part of the pregame warm-up.

Show the spots. Show the stats. Ask how our d-line can get so much pressure on Alabama but disappear in the middle of the season against that bad ass Houston oline (with images).

Include stats from last season and our perfect opponents.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Actually there is plenty the team could do. One is to play the fuckery on the godzillatron on the big screen with quotes by Wiser and Yormark interspersed with the two sided officiating and spots. As part of the pregame warm-up.

Show the spots. Show the stats. Ask how our d-line can get so much pressure on Alabama but disappear in the middle of the season against that bad ass Houston oline (with images).

Include stats from last season and our perfect opponents.

THIS!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horndog said:

Good point.  Is there a data base that breaks it down by conference game? 

We don't need to necessarily break it down by conference game as Big 12 officials have called every Texas game except Bama.

But the following:

Rice - 5
Bama - 10
Wyoming - 3

Big 12 Play 32 total penalties in 8 games. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

E Hogan and Rob B even talking this morning about the bad officiating in Saturday's game. 

Must not have had StassneyHorn explain it to them yet. 

That cuck @Smax is impressed with @StassneyHorn

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

No doubt Bellmont is sending in reports weekly of missed calls. The conference has made it clear they don’t care about how bad the officiating is. Sark has toed the line of what he is allowed to say in public without getting publicly reprimanded or fined by the conference. 

Im sure CDC is well aware we are already officiated against, but stops at giving them a ton of public ammo to make it worse. On July 1, 2024? Blast the fuck out of them when they can’t do anything to us anymore 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We don't need to necessarily break it down by conference game as Big 12 officials have called every Texas game except Bama

But can we see how the Texas opponents' penalty stats compare with the other Big 12 teams in conference games?

Edited by Horndog

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

E Hogan and Rob B even talking this morning about the bad officiating in Saturday's game. 

Must not have had StassneyHorn explain it to them yet. 

I really think the halftime chatter on social media affected how they called the second half.  Lots of sports guys were pointing out the questionable calls.  As much as Fox caught crap for downplaying it, every single time they back from commercial they talked about the penalty discrepancy and mentioned the TDs called back by penalty.

It's so much harder to hide from flags thrown than flags not thrown.

Edited by JBJ

26 minutes ago, Horndog said:

But can we see how the Texas opponents' penalty stats compare with the other Big 12 teams in conference games?

22 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Herein lies the bigger problem.  At the very least with flags thrown, break is down by quarter to illustrate how many late game fuckery incidents the team has had to deal with.  No-calls are another thing.  Take the most egregious call all season, the PI on Stoops that wasn't called and sealed the game.  Not a whisper of that now.  

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No doubt Bellmont is sending in reports weekly of missed calls. The conference has made it clear they don’t care about how bad the officiating is. Sark has toed the line of what he is allowed to say in public without getting publicly reprimanded or fined by the conference. 

Im sure CDC is well aware we are already officiated against, but stops at giving them a ton of public ammo to make it worse. On July 1, 2024? Blast the fuck out of them when they can’t do anything to us anymore 

This is a great point.   We still have to worry about the fuckery with officiating carrying over to other sports.  Don’t think for a minute as pretty as the Rig 12 leadershp is they won’t try especially if we manage to win the football title.   Basketball is ripe. 

• Rage+1 2

I really think the halftime chatter on social media affected how they called the second half.  Lots of sports guys were pointing out the questionable calls.  As much as Fox caught crap for downplaying it, every single time they back from commercial they talked about the penalty discrepancy and mentioned the TDs called back by penalty.

I don’t think the conference cares one bit. They only threw that dpi on ISU because it looked like a blow to the head and it was clear that ISU was overmatched. They started tossing the flags late in the game to try to make it look somewhat fair. This was the plan, and script they have used before.

Because most sports writers and talking heads don’t actually watch the games.

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This is a great point.   We still have to worry about the fuckery with officiating carrying over to other sports.  Don’t think for a minute as pretty as the Rig 12 leadershp is they won’t try especially if we manage to win the football title.   Basketball is ripe. 

Nope. NCAA hired basketball and baseball officials. Conference only hires football officials. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

i had not thought of this

baseball too

we can't nuke from orbit until we're actually gone otherwise 2 other title runs will be at greater risk then they already are

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah the one that this came from and you don't think it's holding. I guess he's patting Blackwell on the back and in turn Blackwell decides to hang out for a second instead of going to cover his guy, whom he sees going by with a TD eminent 

Screenshot_20231120-081700_Chrome.jpg

Blackwell should have spun to get a block in the back

We're going to get the Kevin Mar crew Friday.  I'm pretty confident of that.   So I think this will be a nice test as to whether Mar and his cronies actually hate Texas or just acting at the direction of the conference.   In Mar's case, I've always assumed he doesn't need instructions or any "winks" to fuck us.  He personally enjoys it.   But as much as the Big 12 wants to fuck over Texas, this tiebreaker is such a fucking mess that it would really be in their best interest for Texas to just win on Friday and simplify the tiebreaker for the last spot.  That is the only scenario with certainty at least according to the Big 12's interpretation of the poorly written rule.   Personally I still don't understand based on my reading of it why Texas hasn't clinched but whatever.  

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect this team to get Mar'd on Friday and have to overcome a bunch of BS just like we did last week.  But the Big 12 fucked up their tiebreaker so bad they should actually want Texas to win to save face.

Edited by Skipper

How do we avoid big12 in neutral and bowl games ? 

We want the b12 teams because they wont be protected by their refs (bowl game refs are not from the conference of either school).

We don’t want their crews if we can avoid them. For this bowl season we might draw an SEC crew which could be in our favor.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, Auto Driller said:

Because I hate Big 12 refs and have too much time on my hands I decided to look at the data for this year’s conference games and try to figure out whether there is any validity to the idea that games are called different against us. I looked only at the teams that we have played so far (Kansas, OU, KSU, BYU, Baylor, Houston). Here is what I found:

Games not against Texas

——

Average penalties: 5.4

Average penalty yards: 48.9

Average opponent penalties: 5.4

Average opponent penalty yards: 45.9

Against Texas

——

Average penalties: 3.7

Average penalty yards: 26.0

Average opponent penalties: 6.2

Average opponent penalty yards: 48.5

Conclusions

——

Against Texas, an opponent can expect to be called for ~2 fewer penalties and ~26 fewer penalty yards than their average in Big 12 play. They can expect their opponent (Texas) to be called for ~1 additional penalty and ~3 additional penalty yards than average.

Officiating crews are, statistically speaking, having a much greater effect by failing to call penalties against our opponents than by calling extra penalties against us. This is consistent with the examination of holding / PI calls posted earlier in the thread.

I went back and updated the spreadsheet to account for the last two games against TCU and ISU. I also pulled in all conference games from weeks 4-11 that involved either of these teams (previously they were excluded). Here are the results:

Games not against Texas

——

Average penalties: 5.2

Average penalty yards: 44.4

Average opponent penalties: 5.0

Average opponent penalty yards: 40.9

Games against Texas

——

Average penalties: 4.0

Average penalty yards: 30.3

Average opponent (Texas) penalties: 6.4

Average opponent (Texas) penalty yards: 50.5

Conclusions

——

Our opponents can expect to be called for 1.2 fewer penalties for 14.1 fewer penalty yards than their average in conference play. They can expect their opponent (Texas) to be called for 1.4 additional penalties and 9.6 additional penalty yards relative to the average of their other conference opponents. 

TLDR we are getting consistently fucked to the tune of nearly 25 net penalty yards per game. The sample size is now 53 games. This is not random chance.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

What can they do now? Can’t be any worse.

48 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I went back and updated the spreadsheet to account for the last two games against TCU and ISU. I also pulled in all conference games from weeks 4-11 that involved either of these teams (previously they were excluded). Here are the results:

Games not against Texas

——

Games against Texas

——

Conclusions

——

Our opponents can expect to be called for 1.2 fewer penalties for 14.1 fewer penalty yards than their average in conference play. They can expect their opponent (Texas) to be called for 1.4 additional penalties and 9.6 additional penalty yards relative to the average of their other conference opponents. 

TLDR we are getting consistently fucked to the tune of nearly 25 net penalty yards per game. The sample size is now 53 games. This is not random chance.

Thats the gross impact, but I don’t think each crew is equally bad. None of the crews did us any favors, but some are worse than others. Here is what I have:

Rice-Salaam

Wyoming-Mar (bad, but didn’t matter)

BU-Anderson

KU-Boitmann 

OU-Alvarez (bad)

UH-VanderVelde (bad, until a decent spot at the end convinced everyone they were for us)

BYU-Anderson

KSU-Mar (bad)

TCU-Salaam

ISU-Boitmann (bad)

Johns did the OU-OSU game. 

Id like to see Salaam or Anderson again, but I fear we’ll get Alvarez or VanderVelde. Those two, and Mar, put the biggest screw to us over the last three years. 

Edited by statsman

17 minutes ago, statsman said:

Thats the gross impact, but I don’t think each crew is equally bad. None of the crews did us any favors, but some are worse than others. Here is what I have:

Rice-Salaam

Wyoming-Mar (bad, but didn’t matter)

BU-Anderson

KU-Boitmann 

OU-Alvarez (bad)

UH-VanderVelde (bad, until a decent spot at the end convinced everyone they were for us)

BYU-Anderson

KSU-Mar (bad)

TCU-Salaam

ISU-Boitmann (bad)

Johns did the OU-OSU game. 

Id like to see Salaam or Anderson again, but I fear we’ll get Alvarez or VanderVelde. Those two, and Mar, put the biggest screw to us over the last three years. 

Looks like it's Alvarez or Vandervelde just based on probability. Either would suck.

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I don't think we have the guards to win the Big 12 in basketball this year. We have good shooters but undersized and not as good defensively. Refs probably won't factor much into that by the end of it. Most likely Kansas wins again

The second he made contact with the linemen he was fucked. Screenshots are incredibly deceptive cause the gif shows he never latches on for more than  half a second, and never pulls him sideways

Blackwell didnt just slip on his tea. He was held to prevent him from following the RB. Is the video also deceptive? Once you grab the back of the numbers and tug jersey thats a hold. You pretty much know its a hold when the Edge player cant move in the other direction. If a ref sees a hold like in the gif, they usually call it.

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Games not against Texas

——

Games against Texas

——

Conclusions

——

i would love to see a line chart which shows where the flags are thrown minutes 1-60 for all league games with only 2 lines: us, and everyone else averaged together

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Screenshot_20231120-081700_Chrome.jpg

thank you @Dennis Taylor for posting this clear pic which shows that i was wrong about the hold on murphy

clone63 has a towel rolled up on his left forearm so he is not reaching under murphy's left shoulder pad for what i thought was a hold

it was only illegal hands to the face, or facemasking

Edited by Hagbard Celine
  • Haha 1

Fans can't really have an effect on how bad we're getting screwed in this conference but there's one thing we can affect. Make it clear to the athletic department that they better never schedule a Big 12 team out of conference ever again. They're having a blast screwing us now but it won't be so much fun in a few years when no one is watching any of their conference games. Sure don't want them making a dime off our brand.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

thank you @Dennis Taylor for posting this clear pic which shows that i was wrong about the hold on murphy

clone63 has a towel rolled up on his left forearm so he is not reaching under murphy's left shoulder pad for what i thought was a hold

it was only illegal hands to the face, or facemasking

I'm glad I could help