Hunter Biden’s laptop

Hanrahan

49 minutes ago, Satchel said:

For the life of me, I don’t get why these people are so worked up over Hunter Biden.

Dear leader commanded it and right-wing media floods the echo chamber with it non-stop. In the little bubble where they live it’s a really big deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Funny thing is that Trump also spent four years trying to get something to put those guys in jail. As soon as he gets his home searched by the FBI, his fans cry that he never went after his opponents. 

He never intended to lock up Hillary Clinton or investigate Hunter Biden.

Trump’s followers were too stupid to figure out that he never intended for her to spend a day in jail. She was far more useful to him being a bogeyman he could scare his followers with.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump’s followers were too stupid to figure out that he never intended for her to spend a day in jail. She was far more useful to him being a bogeyman he could scare his followers with.

they still don't realize it. HB is just the newest boogeyman to rally untold funds from

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

For the life of me, I don’t get why these people are so worked up over Hunter Biden.

Because they were told to get upset over Hunter and his laptop by Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and Trump and Co.

Most of them are too stupid to understand that Hunter’s laptop could never be admitted as evidence of anything, because Republicans couldn’t stop passing it around like dumbasses.  And that probably was, at least a little bit, by design.  Rudy knew full well that if it was hunter’s actual laptop, that by passing it around to others, it was being contaminated and the chain of custody completely destroyed, and could not be used as evidence in a court of law.

Shit, I worked in tech services at a computer retailer over 20 years ago, and the few times we came across evidence of illegal shit with customers’ computers and turned them into the cops, APD handled those laptops far more carefully than these chucklefucks, and documented the hell out of everybody who had any contact with it. They would even pull the surveillance tapes that showed anybody in contact with the computer. We had a procedure that if we came across such evidence, we were to stop what we were doing immediately, start getting management informed, pull the paperwork on who had worked on the computer, and start making phone calls to the cops.  And defense lawyers would still try to claim that we put whatever was illegal on the computer, or that it was bought second-hand, that a family member had used it (but not sure which) etc.  Meanwhile, Hunter’s laptop was handled by multiple unknown people and traveled around the US and maybe even Europe.

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

3,000 people per day were drowning in their own lungs, suffering for days until they managed to get admitted to speed hospices (ICUs administering morphine). Nobody gave a shit about Hunter Biden.

I would argue Trump's childish handling of covid was infinitely more responsible for his loss than Hunter's laptop but we're apparently just here to sling shit and run awayyyy

Animals Being Jerks Gorilla GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

46 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He wanted to lock up Hillary. He ordered AG Jeff Sessions to investigate her and Sessions put U.S. Attorney John Huber on the case. They failed to come up with anything that would warrant prosecution.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/hillary-clinton-justice-department-investigation-results

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You silly thing. The core group of people on this board that you are addressing are between 45-60 years old and have migrated across 4 different Longhorn boards over the last 20 years. Around 2/3 were and are conservatives whose first political act as a an adult was voting for George HW Bush as part of a straight Republican ticket in 1988 or 1992. And they stated that way, even through “operation chaos” in 2008 and Romney in 2012, right up until 2016. Take your bullshit to dailyKos or whatever. 

Well, Ronald Reagan, because I am an OG GenX.  But yeah.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, Ronald Reagan, because I am an OG GenX.  But yeah.

I voted once each for Reagan and Bush (41) before I came to my senses and realized they weren’t representing either my interests or my values. I was just voting the same way my parents always had.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I got all y'all except maybe Brat. I was in the voting booth (as a toddler) helping my mama pull the lever for Goldwater. We were frustrated in our apparent desire to start a nuclear war.

Well, I came home from school in K and 1st grade for a couple of years to my Mom (child of FDR worshipping Democrats) watching the Watergate hearings and all the coverage of it she could soak up.  She probably didn't vote when I was a toddler, or we could have been bros that way.  She was mostly apolitical, but didn't like Tricky Dick on some kind of personally offended level (LBJ in much the same way).  She had pretty good sense as to what kind of person most of them were.

She would have hated Trump, and I think my Dad would have too, despite being a loyal Republican going back to Eisenhower.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I got all y'all except maybe Brat. I was in the voting booth (as a toddler) helping my mama pull the lever for Goldwater. We were frustrated in our apparent desire to start a nuclear war.

My earliest political memory is of my dad manning the Nixon/Agnew re-election booth at the county fair. My parents divorced in ‘73. On future visits I noticed there was a box of campaign buttons in a drawer in my old bedroom. I should’ve taken that box. I don’t know what happened to it but I’ll bet those buttons would’ve been worth something eventually. 

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He wanted to lock up Hillary. He ordered AG Jeff Sessions to investigate her and Sessions put U.S. Attorney John Huber on the case. They failed to come up with anything that would warrant prosecution.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/hillary-clinton-justice-department-investigation-results

So he failed at that.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Your second paragraph is just a pack of lies.  The left doesn't have ads targeting and taking dead aim at political opponents.  There is not faux tough guy bullshit coming from the left, there is no attempts to have the government overthrown, attempt to murder or kill politicians on the right, attempts to put fake votes, attempts to gerrymander the shit out of districts for the sole purpose of creating a permanent base of operations, no left wing propaganda networks which are demonstrated liars spewing false information, no attempts by the outgoing (losing) party to restrict the powers of the office for the new winner, no attempts to restrict the power of the properly elected officials via inaction in order to rig the courts, no attempt to pack the court.  We have played nice for far too long and looked like wimps doing such.  We took the high road, while you took the low road.   All the time you are doing this you cry victim.  Even when you look around and see how the party has changed and become more extreme, dumber, and more cruel, you look around and smile and nod in approval.  You send useless platitudes and share shitty opinions which are mostly lies.  You lack the depth to think of the consequences of actions or simply hope that you will be dead before the check comes.  Your party has proven it is anti-American to the core.  The Founding Fathers would hate you and they were slave owners.   Your party is responsible for the heat waves, blackouts, severity of the pandemic, and the children being slaughtered in schools while you offer useless thoughts and prayers.   Your party claims to pull itself up by the bootstraps yet you are the biggest leeches upon the government and the left who actually pays their fucking taxes.   

You think you would win a civil war and ramp up the rhetoric towards one.  Just like you idiots fell for Russia's secede movement, you idiots continue to fall for this shit.  One day you back the blue and the other you idiots want to defund the police and murder cops and none among you morons bats an eye.  In my day, you idiots were smart enough to shut the fuck up.  Social media has given you a platform to find other likeminded simpletons and to convince yourselves that you are actually anything but a moron, hell you are an average or above average right winger.   Which underscores how fucking dumb you actually are.   At some point you would look around and realize exactly what you are doing, but that is beyond you, you will just move on to the next topic of rage since you have the attention span of a syphilitic squirrel. 

I think the Founding Fathers and our forefathers in general would hate all of us regardless of Party affiliation.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

9 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Hot take: conservatives are silent because they have no good counterarguments.

Most of my smart conservative friends realize that the party and their candidates have become indefensible, so they don't bother. But, what are they gonna do, vote for a Democrat??? So they keep silent and make sure that there's not a minority in the zip code before they dare talk politics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:52 AM, Loather said:

You liberals don't generally have your own clearly thought out views on matters. All you do is recite whatever you have been told is the correct point of view from your professors and the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC. 

This is absolutely laughable.  Countless of the GQP have come on here spouting talking points direct from some flaky-ass right wing source, without even basic knowledge of the underlying actual facts and gotten pantsed repeatedly.  It's the Swam4Texas model MO.

As a general rule, the rest of us dive a little deeper than the twitter post or whatever sound bite source raises the initial point.

And, searching the internet for basic facts on any issue on which right-wing media has taken a "position" has become increasingly difficult because of all the stupid fucking right-wing sites that just repeat shit verbatim from whatever bullshit original source created the talking point.  The only good thing about it is that the fictitious right wing sites are so easily detected from their idiotic URLs.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Chooky said:

Are you telling me the son of a U.S. Senator has used his father's influence to acquire access, pussy and financial reward? Have we informed the public about this recent phenomena? 

No shit.  My dad was just VP of the HOA and I parlayed that into a twinkie and a tit squeeze back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, RDCanecutter said:

My professors never talked politics

I lied. Old memories since popped up.

--Had a History professor who was in a tizzy about giving the Panama Canal to Panama, and gave us all paperback books written by some politician explaining why it was bad. We each got one if we promised to read it. I haven't broken my promise, I'm just slow.

--Took a one-hour ROTC course to pad my schedule and plunk .22 rounds prior to getting to shoot an M16 a few times. There was a lecture component where an Army Captain rambled off-script, asking us how many were "Conservative" (almost all hands raised, including mine) and "Liberal" (one stylishly-dressed young woman.) Then he asked how many had ever written a letter to our government representatives. She had, we hadn't. Then he went on a tear of how the representatives would assume her voice was the voice of the rest of us of we didn't write letters too. Through the whole scene she held up cool and collected, watching him froth. I wonder why she took an ROTC class? Must have been an outside agitator.

--Closest thing to Liberal was when a German professor explained to us how the German University system worked, and how we could get free tuition if we applied and were accepted.

I never went to school in Germany, but I did send a letter to Richard Shelby years later, so the Captain won.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Chooky said:

Are you telling me the son of a U.S. Senator has used his father's influence to acquire access, pussy and financial reward? Have we informed the public about this recent phenomena? 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF

How 'bout a Texas Lt Gov's son?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Patrick#:~:text=Ryan Kelley Goeb Patrick (born,office early the following year.

Edited by SaucyJack
Texas state sen at the time

Also, this is a pretty good example of righties being unable to distinguish fact from opinion.

The "MSM" never said the laptop wasn't authentic, they just noted all of the problems with the laptop and its chain of custody and the authenticity of the emails.  Even the "50 officials" merely expressed an opinion that it looked a lot like disinformation.  To wit:

“We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement — just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case,” the letter, released Monday, states.

If we are right, this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this,” the signers added.

But right wing media was of the opinion that it was authentic, but presented that as fact.

As soon as the evidence indicated that the laptop was indeed authentic, along with some of the emails, the "MSM" duly reported that fact.  Like a broken clock, even right wing media is right twice a day, but they aren't that good.

You never, ever see right wing media reporting that the opinion that they present as fact was wrong.  Unless they're about to be sued for defamation.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

While I’m surprised by the staying power of a story that’s hard wrap one’s mind around, here it is anyway:

The Hunter Biden Controversy Explained

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3264088-hunter-biden-controversy-explained/

Well, the staying power is fueled by WaPo's revelation about its own forensic analysis, which revived the thing big time.

We'd never hear a peep from the FBI until and unless Hunter is indicted for something, which sounds like it might be tax fraud or evasion, and not any sort of crime involving Joe.

The right-wing pundits and media have even less of a clue what constitutes a crime than the left.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Kushner received 2 billion from Saudis for?

Ivanka got trademarks in China fast tracked for?

Trump literally owned a hotel next to the White House where people stayed to funnel money to Trump and his family. 

Fucking laughable.

Okay but Hunter Biden has a large penis. Aren't you outraged???

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Kushner received 2 billion from Saudis for?

Ivanka got trademarks in China fast tracked for?

Trump literally owned a hotel next to the White House where people stayed to funnel money to Trump and his family. 

Fucking laughable.

image.gif.406655275faad9d36b0000c7e3504f22.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Okay but Hunter Biden has a large penis. Aren't you outraged???

I think that’s the biggest issue here, they just mad he packing, trumps Family women are all drooling at it. Why do you think Trump JR posted that gold photo of his dad.

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

While I’m surprised by the staying power of a story that’s hard wrap one’s mind around, here it is anyway:

The Hunter Biden Controversy Explained

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3264088-hunter-biden-controversy-explained/

For those who don't have the time or inclination to read that opinion piece, she addresses the laptop:

There’s also stuff on Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop, although most of its data is reportedly corrupted and cannot be authenticated.

There you go.  That's it.

• Hook 'Em 1