Election Night setup?

Nice Guy Eddie

Long story why but I have 2 TVs in the living room right now. I think I will have 1 on CNN and the other on one of the networks. Figure I will be ready to flip over to Fox news as needed.

As for my laptop, I plan to have Cloak Room, PredictIt, NYT and TexAgs (for the yucks and tears) on browser tabs. 

What are your plans?

A fuckton of alcohol.  

Half of Austin is getting Election Day off of work.  I'm working until 7:00p, watching the shitshow unfold until the whee hours of the morning with cocktails in hand, and calling in sick the next day.  

But yeah, two TV's side-by-side does sound like a good idea.  John King's magic map on one with sound off, FoxNews on the other with the sound on.  

TPPF and TCRP are hosting in-person election night watch parties.  I was gonna go to the TPPF one because first off---open bar.  Secondly, to see their faces as Trump loses key states early.  But then I saw the bottom of the invite, "Masks Optional'

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Long story why but I have 2 TVs in the living room right now. I think I will have 1 on CNN and the other on one of the networks. Figure I will be ready to flip over to Fox news as needed.

As for my laptop, I plan to have Cloak Room, PredictIt, NYT and TexAgs (for the yucks and tears) on browser tabs. 

What are your plans?

CNN on the TV, NYT on the computer along with Surly & SicEm365. I have a bottle of Rioja I have saved that will be opened to go along with some pizza from a local pizzeria. I also took off November 4th to recover. 

It has the feel of March Madness and the opening day of college football wrapped into one. 

Edited by SimonBolivar

I've got the day after off.

I'll probably watch in the living room with the wife while drinking a few beers until she crashes around 9 as per usual lately (very pregnant). Once she does that I'll probably move out to the back patio. I'll have the Weller and a bottle of Dom that I bought a few weeks back ready for if/when it gets called for Biden and tequila for the off-chance that Trump somehow wins. 

Definitely won't have Texags or anything like that up. I'll have whichever news network annoys me the least up on the TV. Will be monitoring PredictIt into the night; even if Biden gets called the winner early I've got a few bucks riding on things that will go late. 

I'll be very in the bag and blessing all of you with numerous hot takes as we go into the night. There's a strong chance I'm going to get the eyes that every married guy knows and the "you're still up?" as my wife gets ready for work the next morning.

Repping all booze pics, as is tradition.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

Home with the wife and kids.  Will stock up on booze and probably have a family dinner night where we all make something good for the evening meal with the kids participating in the preparation as we sit down for a pre-election coverage lecture for the kids.

Debating between PBS and and major network.  I like the uninterrupted no nonsense of PBS but, sometimes the splashy network news production is the way to go if you are smelling victory for your "team".  Man I miss Tim Russert. 

Will have the surl open for hard hitting commentary and insightful humblebrags.

As insufferable as they are, CNN and Fox News both typically have good election coverage. Maybe stream one of those on TV (no cable), pop over to the antenna on commercials.

Laptop with 538, NYT, and surly. I’ll look at Texags and Tigerdroppings if the night goes well.

Alcohol.

Weighing taking Wednesday off.

Home with the wife and kids.  Will stock up on booze and probably have a family dinner night where we all make something good for the evening meal with the kids participating in the preparation as we sit down for a pre-election coverage lecture for the kids.
Debating between PBS and and major network.  I like the uninterrupted no nonsense of PBS but, sometimes the splashy network news production is the way to go if you are smelling victory for your "team".  Man I miss Tim Russert. 
Will have the surl open for hard hitting commentary and insightful humblebrags.

I did PBS for most of 2016. In general I’m with you in regards to their style but the networks really outclass them with real time data and visualization.

I'll probably flip between CNN, PBS, and a major network. I feel like the contrast with a major network that a majority of Americans are likely watching and a cable network could be an illustrative contrast of how the messages are shaping up. When states are being called (or not) and the messages and stories being relayed to the public via the big networks is possibly important. 

Out on the back patio so that neighbors can come over and imbibe in some libations (and still stay open-air and socially distant).  The patio tv will probably be on CNN primarily, though Mrs.LL loves George Stephanopoulos, so ABC will be on at least part of the time.

I'll have the laptop open checking the Texas SOS website and the Travis County Elections Division website for the local shit.

Champagne will be on ice.  Bourbon will be at the ready.  Victory cigars will be waiting in the wings.

Edited by Ghost of LL

Weather should be nice that night, about 60 when kids fall asleep so maybe watch outside and make a small fire in the pit.  Burn some leaves, maybe have my first cigar in years.   Something to calm myself for the inevitable shitshow that’ll start around 10:30 our time.