Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

I’m all for checks and balances and hate Trump but if this turns into a total ban on fracking.  (I don’t think it will, enough Democrats will not vote that way I don’t think).  How can anyone living in Texas see that as good?  That would cost millions of jobs and we would be buying more foreign oil and gas then ever.  The rush plan to get off of fossil fuels in the next five to ten years is really impossible and plans like that will just really screw us economically our gdp would go to real shit then.  It’s bound to happen but the in the next ten years is just dumb.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m all for checks and balances and hate Trump but if this turns into a total ban on fracking.  (I don’t think it will, enough Democrats will not vote that way I don’t think).  How can anyone living in Texas see that as good?  That would cost millions of jobs and we would be buying more foreign oil and gas then ever.  The rush plan to get off of fossil fuels in the next five to ten years is really impossible and plans like that will just really screw us economically our gdp would go do real shit then.  It’s bound to happen but the in the next ten years is just dumb.  

Biden has given lip service to a ban on federal land fracking. Not much federal land in Texas.

US-Public-Lands-map.jpg?w=1400%26quality

Texas (fracking and the energy sector) should be just fine. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-21/here-s-why-biden-couldn-t-ban-fracking-but-could-restrict-it

In fact, Democratic presidential candidate Biden has consistently said that he would not ban fracking and other fossil fuel exploration and exploitation on private lands. His administration, however, would ban fracking on federally owned lands. Natural gas production from onshore federal lands currently constitutes less than 10 percent of production in the United States. https://reason.com/2020/10/08/no-biden-wouldnt-ban-all-fracking/

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Biden has given lip service to a ban on federal land fracking. Not much federal land in Texas.

US-Public-Lands-map.jpg?w=1400%26quality

Texas (fracking and the energy sector) should be just fine. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-21/here-s-why-biden-couldn-t-ban-fracking-but-could-restrict-it

In fact, Democratic presidential candidate Biden has consistently said that he would not ban fracking and other fossil fuel exploration and exploitation on private lands. His administration, however, would ban fracking on federally owned lands. Natural gas production from onshore federal lands currently constitutes less than 10 percent of production in the United States. https://reason.com/2020/10/08/no-biden-wouldnt-ban-all-fracking/

Are you sure about that number right now? Cause most drilling left not in west Texas (the only thing left in Texas) is on BLM land in New Mexico on god aweful land there, which is where most people from Texas in the oil and gas industry are working.  You can kiss the only good thing about New Mexico’s economy goodbye if that happens.   That state is so poor it’s only relying on that to survive right now. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Are you sure about that number right now? Cause most drilling left not in Texas is on BLM land in New Mexico on god aweful land there, which is where most people from Texas in the oil and gas industry are working.

I don't know your circumstances or the firms you follow in the energy sector - but Biden's lip service ban is for new permits on federal land. Existing fracking operations will continue on federal lands under Biden according to his policy pronouncements.

Those concerned with environmental damage are not happy. So, your mileage may vary. 

Hook 'em. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I don't know your circumstances or the firms you follow in the energy sector - but Biden's lip service ban is for new permits on federal land. Existing fracking operations will continue on federal lands under Biden according to his policy pronouncements.

Those concerned environmental damage are not happy. So, your mileage may vary. 

Hook 'em. 

There is no environmental damage to be done in those parts of New Mexico it’s shit land that previously had nuke tests Cole bye, I’m talking places where no one lives or wants to live.   We don’t know what the policies will be yet, we are dealing with politicians.  I’m just saying if it turns to a full ban on government land that New Mexico’s economy is screwed.

Regarding both below, put on your Brisket hat and assume Mitch says “well fuck it” and throws the whole weight of the party behind today’s coup. 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not so fast.  If trump held on, the gop would then control the senate.

6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I am cackling thinking about the simultaneous meltdowns happening among McConnell, Trump, Loeffler, Perdue, Graham, Cruz, Hawley, and the rest of the traitors and their disgusting supporters. 

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Biden is not banning fracking. Biden is not rushing to get off fossil fuels in five years or ten years. Stop watching Fox News. 

Visited my oldest sister a few weeks ago. She was worried Biden would shut the country down for 60 days. 
I just sighed and ask her if she thought the President had that authority without marshal law being declared? 
She swore she doesn’t watch fox. Her dumbass husband does though. Oh, he said flu kills more people than COVID. 

Of course she lives in FL so that explains a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m all for checks and balances and hate Trump but if this turns into a total ban on fracking.  (I don’t think it will, enough Democrats will not vote that way I don’t think).  How can anyone living in Texas see that as good?  That would cost millions of jobs and we would be buying more foreign oil and gas then ever.  The rush plan to get off of fossil fuels in the next five to ten years is really impossible and plans like that will just really screw us economically our gdp would go to real shit then.  It’s bound to happen but the in the next ten years is just dumb.  

^^ The lesser of two evils.  The greater of two evils is Galveston under water and 140 degree days in Texas in the summer.  

Seeing a talking point circulate among local big brain GOP folks that the largest Democratic leaning counties hadn't completed their counts because the Democratic leadership needed to see how many votes were needed to add votes so Ossoff and Warnock win.

Ummmmm, you mean like the counties with the largest populations? That have more precincts with more people living in them who vote? Hmmm, math and thinking--how do they work?

• Haha 1

Here is your policy nickel summary it's always the same.  The Dems are NEVER unified the way the GOP is.  AOC and the Squad?  Fuck, unless you watch Fox News they are some second term kids, that have great twitter feeds.  Beyond that, they simply are a minority, of the elected Dems.  The GOP tends to vote much more uniformly. 

Fracking - more regulation.  Can't just burn off everything without any concerns for pollution anymore. (Texas has like one testing machine they don't bother to use)

Inrastructure - likely a massive infrastructure bill to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure ignored in preference of tax cuts for millionaires.

Taxes - it will be interesting here, as you will need to pull a couple Republicans. Some reform

Student Loans - some sort of modifications, and reduction of interest rates, why profit off our children's education to give millionaires tax breaks?

Marijuana Legalization/Decriminalization is gonna be a big off year election issue in 2022, that Biden is going to warm to, like he did to gay marriage.

Trumpsters are gonna be mad as hell.  They are going to pretend that there was that one year Trump produced more jobs than Obama did... a LIE!  They are going to believe that votes were stolen in 2020 and the Russians were for Hillary in 2016, another LIE.  They will believe most any lie because recognition of reality means they are FUCKING DUMBASSES. 

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

While we're at it, won't anyone think of the horse carriage makers?  Fuck Ford and the car manufacturers, our GDP is going to shit without horseshoes.  Won't anyone think of the blacksmiths?! - Hook1997, probably

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Appropriations: Manchin

Banking: Tester

Environment: Tester

Finance: --> Manchin

HSA: --> Manchin

Judiciary: Manchin

Budget: Manchin

In practice, Joe Manchin and Jon Tester just became the most powerful people in DC (which I hope is soon the state of Douglassville).

Instead of protesting Trump, we'll now be protesting these two yellow dog Dems.

Yesterday I vowed to not check this thread after results started coming in.  I think the thread was on 16 pages or so.  When going to other topic listings I noticed until 8:00 or so the page count went up slightly to about 18, ok... general discussion most likely.

When I was about to go to bed around 10:30 I saw the page count went up to around 30+, so I figured something big was going on.  I got sucked in and wound up staying up way too late last night.  Thankfully I wasn't drankin' or I'd be a real wreck today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yesterday I vowed to not check this thread after results started coming in.  I think the thread was on 16 pages or so.  When going to other topic listings I noticed until 8:00 or so the page count went up slightly to about 18, ok... general discussion most likely.

When I was about to go to bed around 10:30 I saw the page count went up to around 30+, so I figured something big was going on.  I got sucked in and wound up staying up way too late last night.  Thankfully I wasn't drankin' or I'd be a real wreck today.

I did the same damn thing. I wasn't going to check at all because I was prepared for another disappointment where the Dems underperformed expectations. Got sucked in in the middle of watching Idiocracy with the wife once it looked promising.

But I'm not going to watch today's circus. I actually have shit to do today. Got a last minute request dumped on me by my second biggest client out of the great state of Georgia.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I stopped after we finished the first bottle; too early in the week and work has to be done, preferably without a headache. However, depending upon how today and the next couple of days goes, a celebratory imbibing is on the schedule.

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

We did it! Now WaldenPonderer can relax. 

Can we, though?  It's "Pence personally uses his office along with a handful of of Senators and Congressmen to re-elect a tyrant/Brisket was right all along" day.  No one is relaxing until we know if American democracy still exists.  I wish I were being hyperbolic.

• Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Can we, though?  It's "Pence personally uses his office along with a handful of of Senators and Congressmen to re-elect a tyrant/Brisket was right all along" day.  No one is relaxing until we know if American democracy still exists.  I wish I were being hyperbolic.

Or now, thanks to *Tom, a drunken night of dispair.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
*Just kidding, fingers crossed let's get this done and signed.

23 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It Took losing the senate for these idiots to realize that Trumpism is a sickness. Almost as bad as COVID.

trumpism needs to be cleared out of the White House and congress ASAP. His trashy base is out of control.

Well, McConnell told the dumbasses to not challenge the Electoral College certification but the big brains like Raphael thought they knew better.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Raphael = #BackBenchBitch

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I stopped after we finished the first bottle; too early in the week and work has to be done, preferably without a headache. However, depending upon how today and the next couple of days goes, a celebratory imbibing is on the schedule.

I'm going to get toe down fucked up Friday evening.  Troll game on my local NextDoor politics forum is going to be at 11.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1