Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After sleeping on it, why doesn't ATT, Verizon, etc simply block Parler as well?  

There is a notion that at some point, heavily regulated (ever less so), quasi-public utilities, although private entitles, constitute state action for First Amendment purposes.  So, "censorship" by those entities could be subject to the First Amendment.

That argument has gotten little or no traction as to the platforms themselves (insufficiently state-connected), but might work on ISPs.  The FCC could come in, or possibly already has.

• Hook 'Em 1

Two things here. One is that people do figure out how to circumvent rules and regs and Lin Wood getting his personal account removed from Parler meant that he just slipped over to his other account. Parler isn't as finicky as Twitter apparently. I don't have an account, so if anyone does and would like to report him, here's the new place: @KrakenWood parler.

On KrakenWood's page is a link to their website which has the usual Q crap but back on his Parler account is this image below. They are definitely going to try and martyr this woman. She was a grown ass woman so if you hear anyone call her girl, please do call them out. A 30 something AF vet is a grown ass woman capable of decision making and choices. As you can see, someone spent some time creating the image and it's probably going to join the merchandise circuit for seditionists along with their other flags and paraphernalia that forms their identity. That was mentioned on here before, while some load up on flags and other identifiers, others will say they are going 'dark' in that regard and spend a great deal of time purchasing the identical tactical gear as whomever they admire. This type of image will be for the flag wavers for sure.

image.png.c0fdc87e43bf0088b4adadd800c4c2a0.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Two things here. One is that people do figure out how to circumvent rules and regs and Lin Wood getting his personal account removed from Parler meant that he just slipped over to his other account. Parler isn't as finicky as Twitter apparently. I don't have an account, so if anyone does and would like to report him, here's the new place: @KrakenWood parler.

On KrakenWood's page is a link to their website which has the usual Q crap but back on his Parler account is this image below. They are definitely going to try and martyr this woman. She was a grown ass woman so if you hear anyone call her girl, please do call them out. A 30 something AF vet is a grown ass woman capable of decision making and choices. As you can see, someone spent some time creating the image and it's probably going to join the merchandise circuit for seditionists along with their other flags and paraphernalia that forms their identity. That was mentioned on here before, while some load up on flags and other identifiers, others will say they are going 'dark' in that regard and spend a great deal of time purchasing the identical tactical gear as whomever they admire. This type of image will be for the flag wavers for sure.

image.png.c0fdc87e43bf0088b4adadd800c4c2a0.png

The role-reversal, from failing to distinguish protestors from rioters and vandals (and insurrectionists) to cheering on and justifying violent cops to martyring a victim of police violence (however justified), just boggles the mind.

But but but....Parler isn't going to censor anyone!  1st Amendment!  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/parler-deletes-lin-woods-posts-calling-for-pences-assassination?ref=home?ref=home

Parler, the self-described “free speech social media network,” has removed several “parleys” from Trump-loving lawyer Lin Wood that spouted baseless conspiracy theories and called for the assassination of Mike Pence. (“Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST,” one such message read.) Parler CEO John Matze told Mediate the company had removed the parleys for violating its rules. Wood, meanwhile, said he was unaware of the takedown and that his tweet about Pence was “rhetorical hyperbole conveying my opinion that his actions on the Electoral College vote were treasonous to We The People.” Wood was banned from Twitter this week after using his account to support the pro-Trump riots at the Capitol were four people died. Parler was warned by Apple earlier this week to implement stricter moderation of its content or face removal from the App Store. It was pulled from the Google Play Store on Friday over incendiary posts by users.

32 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Siap

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This scenario happens again and again with the Right. They scream about judicial activism overriding the pure, white snow of the constitution. Then they demand judicial activism when they don’t get their way because the constitution doesn’t support their argument.

• Like 1

I just urged a former US HOR parliamentarian to go begging to come back. Ah, to have a front row seat at the dais as the referee with a finger on the mute button when Marg starts fucking around with house rules and precedents. Would be glorious. Especially at 1130 at night when that crazy bitch is reading special orders.

The reply:

"Seriously. But the job is so hard, being there every minute they are in session. Staying to midnight so that they can talk to an empty chamber for CSPAN."

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

I just urged a former US HOR parliamentarian to go begging to come back. Ah, to have a front row seat at the dais as the referee with a finger on the mute button when Marg starts fucking around with house rules and precedents. Would be glorious. Especially at 1130 at night when that crazy bitch is reading special orders.

The reply:

"Seriously. But the job is so hard, being there every minute they are in session. Staying to midnight so that they can talk to an empty chamber for CSPAN."

If she'll do it, I'll watch. It's for the Republic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Not Parler, but Twitter:  Wealthy, fat white woman compares not being able to write on her social media platform to slavery.

Please, I beg of you: respond to her tweet with that exact sentence you just typed. 

• Haha 1

People are aware that life existed BEFORE Twitter, right? I mean it wasn't THAT long ago. Were we all complaining about not having our own individual, globally-distributed platform back then?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Not Parler, but Twitter:  Wealthy, fat white woman compares not being able to write on her social media platform to slavery.

Narrator - they always did, Kirstie. They just decided that shareholder value would be maximized if the US Government wasn't overthrown. Yet.

30 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

lol. i can't figure out what the fuck they think they mean by "bare metal", but I hope that they have in fact been paying for bare metal servers for their fucking... crack devops team

Considering they're getting kicked off of AWS I'd bet there's a considerable number of cloud native concepts architected into their platform. If they're using any AWS-specific tech (or managed services like elastic search or aurora) its usually more than just a wave of the hand to rewrite it to be something else. 

And for what it's worth, baremetal instances aren't uniquely expensive, just the on demand price for the entire box minus the hypervisor. It's basically what running in a colo or data center is. 

The biggest difference is the loss of elasticity for parler. They can't scale easily so they're either going to be running significant costs or a shittier service. Losing access to economies of scale is a real motherfucker. Suck to be fascist

Edit: I just reread the screenshot, it sounds like they built the site using instances only. But there's a FUCKton of operational concerns and factors outside of just that instance. Security groups (read: firewalls), NACL's, network interface mapping, etc, etc, are all non-negligible challenges if you're rolling your own from scratch without ANY supporting management layer. Can't wait to see it fail lmao

Edited by Captainant

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Considering they're getting kicked off of AWS I'd bet there's a considerable number of cloud native concepts architected into their platform. If they're using any AWS-specific tech (or managed services like elastic search or aurora) its usually more than just a wave of the hand to rewrite it to be something else. 

And for what it's worth, baremetal instances aren't uniquely expensive, just the on demand price for the entire box minus the hypervisor. It's basically what running in a colo or data center is. 

The biggest difference is the loss of elasticity for parler. They can't scale easily so they're either going to be running significant costs or a shittier service. Losing access to economies of scale is a real motherfucker. Suck to be fascist

Edit: I just reread the screenshot, it sounds like they built the site using instances only. But there's a FUCKton of operational concerns and factors outside of just that instance. Security groups (read: firewalls), NACL's, network interface mapping, etc, etc, are all non-negligible challenges if you're rolling your own from scratch without ANY supporting management layer. Can't wait to see it fail lmao

I understood nine words in that post. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

0af9111d453efa39b560f3110d43fb6e.jpg
So she’s now Whores Vessel?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This will fuck up their inauguration attack plans.

Nope.

They have a host of other apps like Telegram, Zello (think of the old Nextel Push to talk), Slack, and others.  I used to play some multi-player games where we had virtual turf battles over wide geographic (like virtual geocaching and capture the flag stuff) areas and we would plan ops that took precision timing.  It was a rush and the planning of those events is similar to what these terrorists are doing and executing using these apps.  I think some of them play paint ball this way too.  My friends and I were just fighting over virtual, not real stuff. 

Edited by TexasEd

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I understood nine words in that post. 

Here, I speak jive.  And I'll summarize.

Parler is turbo-fucked.  They built their platform for one host, and they can't just move it to another.  Here's a rough analogy.

It would be like taking a diesel engine  from a 2021 Dodge Ram  and sticking it into a 1977 Toyota Corolla, and then putting in everything needed electrical and tech wise into the Toyota to make the engine work, making the Corolla just as drivable as in the past, all the while allowing it to pass inspection, and doing it in 2 days while swilling through a few cases of Natty Lite.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Here, I speak jive.  And I'll summarize.

Parler is turbo-fucked.  They built their platform for one host, and they can't just move it to another.  Here's a rough analogy.

It would be like taking a diesel engine  from a 2021 Dodge Ram  and sticking it into a 1977 Toyota Corolla, and then putting in everything needed electrical and tech wise into the Toyota to make the engine work, making the Corolla just as drivable as in the past, all the while allowing it to pass inspection, and doing it in 2 days while swilling through a few cases of Natty Lite.

Thanks for the explanation. So, Florida car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1