Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

There is a LOT of discussion on TexAgs about Texas secession.  It is the most preposterous notion imaginable, and most don't consider that College Station and other rural "white" Texas communities are not what makes up the bulk of Texas.  But it is fun to read. 

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3174992

I'm sure they do want to leave. They realize that their beliefs are in the extreme minority across the US and some of their actions (of an even smaller few) could be illegal. When you can't win the game, change the rules.

What they don't realize is that when push comes to shove, 95% of Texans would not really want to leave the US. Now the scary part is that if we had a nonbinding referendum, I think we could hit between 30-40% would say that they would Texas to be its own country.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

I want to just take a moment to thank God that the original founding fathers were not this stupid with their sedition, insurrection and revolution.

They weren’t this stupid because they were deadly serious about what they were doing and the consequences of their actions if they failed.

These people, for the most part? Not so much

I'm sure they do want to leave. They realize that their beliefs are in the extreme minority across the US and some of their actions (of an even smaller few) could be illegal. When you can't win the game, change the rules.
What they don't realize is that when push comes to shove, 95% of Texans would not really want to leave the US. Now the scary part is that if we had a nonbinding referendum, I think we could hit between 30-40% would say that they would Texas to be its own country.

Let’s let College Station SEC-ede from Texas

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

The suit isn't gonna go well for parler lol. AWS is able to point to black-letter violations of their terms of service

When you decide to sue the 2nd richest guy (I heard Elon took over the top spot), it's going to be a long battle to potentially win. I assume Bezos was consulted with this decision so its doubtful he would get worried about a lawsuit. But it's not impossible Parler won't find a judge sympathetic to their problems.

One of the trumpkin planks is that big tech is the enemy. This wes seemingly reinforced when Twitter banned trump and company, and aws booted parler. You’d think they’d be thrilled at disengaging from these big tech giants. But you’d be wrong. They are throwing fits about it and now actively suing to maintain business relationships. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I.e. similar proportions to the Brexit vote. So many people voting their emotions, and then when reality hits about what Brexit ACTUALLY means, realizing they never ACTUALLY wanted to leave, they just wanted to be mad at someone else for their lot in life. Sound familiar?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There is a LOT of discussion on TexAgs about Texas secession.  It is the most preposterous notion imaginable, and most don't consider that College Station and other rural "white" Texas communities are not what makes up the bulk of Texas.  But it is fun to read. 
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3174992

They are so stupid.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, immamac said:

https://youtu.be/fbipJUJLzpE

1PB is 1000TB or close to 14 parlers.

These people are incompetent. I revise my estimate to probably 2 racks of servers to handle all of parler 4 with redundancy. 

I think their biggest issue is now going to be finding an ISP link to the internet. Basically every trunk is owned by one of 10 companies if they all say no then it doesn't matter what hardware you have, you can't send it out of your network.

great, now i'm going to have videos from linus tech tips invading my youtube suggestions for months

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Can we build a border wall around Louisiana and make it a prison colony of sorts for all the Q types?

The wall would be a lot shorter than the one between US and Mexico.

But what about NOLA? 

Nope.
They have a host of other apps like Telegram, Zello (think of the old Nextel Push to talk), Slack, and others.  I used to play some multi-player games where we had virtual turf battles over wide geographic (like virtual geocaching and capture the flag stuff) areas and we would plan ops that took precision timing.  It was a rush and the planning of those events is similar to what these terrorists are doing and executing using these apps.  I think some of them play paint ball this way too.  My friends and I were just fighting over virtual, not real stuff. 

“Lightning Bolt Lightning Bolt”
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

"But if it please the court, your honor, nobody reads those."

Your honor that wasn’t there when we signed up. They must have gone in and added it and made it appear to have been there all along. For proof, I offer the expert opinion of this bimbo ex stripper with a rap sheet who signed this affidavit, in crayon so it can’t be erased, saying she just happened to be reviewing the AWS ToS last week and the change happened live on her screen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Your honor that wasn’t there when we signed up. They must have gone in and added it and made it appear to have been there all along. For proof, I offer the expert opinion of this bimbo ex stripper with a rap sheet who signed this affidavit, in crayon so it can’t be erased, saying she just happened to be reviewing the AWS ToS last week and the change happened live on her screen. 

Take It And Do Something Crazy To It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One of the trumpkin planks is that big tech is the enemy. This wes seemingly reinforced when Twitter banned trump and company, and aws booted parler. You’d think they’d be thrilled at disengaging from these big tech giants. But you’d be wrong. They are throwing fits about it and now actively suing to maintain business relationships. 

Yup. Same with Trump and the media. Would have been a nobody without it, eternally furious at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

The whole Texit conversation is just as stupid and meaningless as Calexit or any other stupid fucking state secession discussion. It falls apart with even 20 seconds of critical thinking. Forget the impact on economy, basic services, elections, etc. Even before you get to that, does anyone think that an entire state will 100% vote in favor to secede? Obviously not. Once that falls apart, what is the Federal response to all of the citizens in Texas (or other state) who don't want to be a part of secession? Just say "sorry, tough shit?"

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

On the Texas secession front:  not that the Texans endorsing it would care, but what does a US presidential election look like without Texas’ allotment on the gop side?  Grim, I’d imagine.  And it would remove 2 gop senators from that chamber. 

Oh no, Texas would get to take good friends Oklahoma and Arkansas too. We’ll throw in Mississippi as a parting gift.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CiZcvv7lIQAJ:https://support.parler.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047709851-Why-do-you-need-a-license-passport-when-I-get-verified-+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Our verification system ensures that you are a real person interacting with other real verified people on Parler and allows for quality exchanges of ideas without interference from bots and spammers. "

Their site may be down but google caches are still up baybeee

Exactly, they wanted to make sure you're as real as The Real McCoys. 

Semi-related:

https://www.vox.com/recode/2021/1/11/22224722/amazon-oath-keepers-3-three-percenters-hats-badges-merch

In the weeks leading up the January 6 storming of the US Capitol, Amazon employees questioned the company about apparel featuring the logos of two right-wing militia groups — The Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters — available for sale on Amazon. And in the wake of the insurrection, which was carried out by some rioters wearing gear from at least one of the groups, some Amazon employees are demanding the company take the listings down.

“[A]fter yesterday, any products advocating for the overthrow of the US government should be removed from the site,” one longtime Amazon employee wrote on an internal email thread.

As of Monday, Amazon continues to allow third-party merchants to list for sale shirts, hats, and other gear featuring the names and logos of the two organizations. And, according to product listings viewed by Recode, many of the items appear to be stored in, and shipped out of, Amazon warehouses as well.

Amazon spokesperson Cecilia Fan declined to comment on Friday when Recode asked if the Oath Keeper and Three Percenter items violated the company’s selling policies. But she did provide a link to Amazon’s offensive product policy, suggesting they didn’t. The policy says, in part, that “Amazon does not allow products that promote, incite or glorify hatred, violence, racial, sexual or religious intolerance or promote organizations with such views.” The policy also says Amazon will remove items related to “terrorist organizations.” Neither group has been labeled a terrorist organization by the US government.

The Oath Keepers and Three Percenters are two of the main right-wing militia groups in the US that were founded in the wake of Barack Obama’s 2008 election. “While [The Oath Keepers] claims only to be defending the Constitution, the entire organization is based on a set of baseless conspiracy theories about the federal government working to destroy the liberties of Americans,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Spoiler

Despite their anti-government stances, both groups have gravitated to President Trump as the one federal official who will protect their rights. In the summer of 2020, a self-proclaimed Three Percenter leader in Wisconsin said he had hosted rifle training for some of those who were later arrested in a plot to kidnap Michigan’s Democratic governor. A Three Percenter leader in Washington state also called on members to occupy the state Capitol building but reversed course after the riot at the US Capitol last week.

According to published reports, Three Percenter flags were seen at last week’s rally in Washington, DC, that devolved into an insurrection. Frontline and ProPublica also reported on a group of men in body armor spotted at the Capitol. “The eight men, whose movements were captured on video, were identified by ProPublica and Frontline as members of the Oath Keepers, a long-standing militia group that has pledged to ignite a civil war on behalf of Trump,” reads the report. “Members of the group joined the protesters and insurrectionists flooding into the Capitol. Footage from later in the day shows Oath Keepers dragging a wounded comrade out of the building.”

The internal controversy at Amazon comes as other e-commerce platforms have removed stores or listings in the wake of the Capitol attack. Shopify, the large e-commerce software maker, shut down two online stores affiliated with President Trump last week. And later, eBay removed listings for merchandise bearing the same “MAGA Civil War” phrase that adorned the shirts of some Capitol rioters. Still, eBay, just like Amazon, sells merchandise bearing the name and logos of the Three Percenters and Oath Keepers.

The tech giant’s Amazon Web Services division also cut off web-hosting support this past weekend for Parler, the conservative social media platform, which was also kicked out of the Apple and Google app stores for failing to adequately police calls for violence from its users. And the Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that Stripe, the popular payment platform for businesses, would no longer process card payments for Trump’s campaign website.