Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hate him all you want but trump knows how to work a crowd, at least to some extent. I see none of that in DeSantis. His supporters will applaud at the right times but that doesn’t mean anything.

Well then, at least he won't have to say "please clap" like the last Florida governor.

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Play close attention to Desantis. He’s the big baller shot caller when holding court in front of a fawning, friendly press. But he struggles in the face of opposition. Watch his underwhelming performances in the gubernatorial debates with Andrew Gillum, who routinely dragged his ass for points. 

'unfriendly' media will be banned mid Jan 2025, if the R's can win

16 hours ago, lemonlime said:

It's true that 62% of undocumented immigrants are visa overstays, as opposed to illegal border crossing. You can do the math on the racial differences between those two groups, or why the right only cares about the 38% of undocumented immigrants who crossed the border.

https://cmsny.org/publications/essay-2017-undocumented-and-overstays/

How would they even get accurate numbers?  It's like they really don't even know how many get through the Southern Border on a daily basis that they don't catch, they just estimate the numbers...

On 9/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, YGIFS said:

I don't think the average height is 5'11".  That seems about two inches too tall.  While poe it up is normal height, I can tell you that Anastasis only looks tall because of the elevated pharmacy platform.   He's very likely 5'7" with a 4" dick

That's funny.  I always picture you as a little like 5'6" germanic horn musician for some reason.

1200px-Alphorns_Grindelwald.jpg

• Haha 1

As someone living in a blue state, this seems like a pretty stupid strategy if they ever want a chance to win a blue state.  It very much reminds me of the "Trump Tax Cuts" where I ended up paying $4000 more in taxes because of whatever changed they made in the tax code that only affected "a few people in high income states."  

Keep on keeping on assholes.  Your time is coming.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

DeSantis will eventually go from "no laws were broken" to "someone unfortunately made some partially untrue statements" to the migrants. Mistakes were made but at the end of the day we made the libs cry.

trump will propose death penalty for illegal immigration !

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

fucking this. I’m tired of two years of subpoenas and investigating. Issue some fucking arrest warrants !

We have groups that play by different rules. One side wants to follow the normal rules to find the truth, and secure an eventual conviction if warranted. The other side plays loose and fast with laws and rules, and ultimately counts on a pardon because they assume they can secure a multi-year delay.

There are times when you wish the DOJ would operate like a local sheriff's office where they slap the cuffs on suspicious behavior and sort it out later.

^

Yeah, that's what I thought he meant by that sentence.  

Reports are unclear about who exactly DeSantis sent to here to round these folks up, get them released, and transported to (what I assume is) a private FBO at SAT.  He couldn't have sent uniformed Florida law enforcement.  It'd still be inhumane, but if it was DPS or Border Parol, nobody around there would have batted an eye.  But three guys in matching security polos walk into an immigration center with a note from "Tio Ronalde de que?" and gets the 48-50 Venezuelans outta there and onto a bus and nobody says a word?

How they’re doing this without tail numbers and filed ATC is beyond me.  This isn’t some four seat Cessna that can go off instrument/VFR within the state.   That kinda equipment, weight and huge refuel, somebody’s gonna take note at an FBO if the FAA doesn’t   Plus, all that military traffic back in San Antonio, they frown upon anything but IFR  

also, who the fuck is just walking out the detention/services center with 50 more immigrants AFTER the story last week?   

• Like 1

How they’re doing this without tail numbers and filed ATC is beyond me.  This isn’t some four seat Cessna that can go off instrument/VFR within the state.   That kinda equipment, weight and huge refuel, somebody’s gonna take note at an FBO if the FAA doesn’t   Plus, all that military traffic back in San Antonio, they frown upon anything but IFR  
also, who the fuck is just walking out the detention/services center with 50 more immigrants AFTER the story last week?   

Red state despots

It is so sad to me to see the utter lack of humanity in these political demons and their followers.  I was predominantly off the internet over a long weekend.  Went to a two day concert event that I don't need to get into much here, but I will say it was a positive wonderful experience full of people not afraid to be human. Not one fight.  No negativity.  Accepting crowd.  Left feeling good about the world.

Then you get back online and the world of politics and it is like touching a hot stove.  To lie and use people fleeing awful situations as pawns in a troll move.   Just no humanity from those who pretend to be the most Christ like.  And their followers love it.  There is so much hate and bitterness and vile  attitudes.  Always ready to be tapped into.  Fucking with people's lives directly just for laughs.  The cruelty again being the point.  

Its depressing.  

The States seem to have enough money to use to hurt people.  But they can't even help their own constituents.  Perhaps then, the Federal government should quit giving them funding since the States obviously don't lack funds for important things.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Have a few local sheriffs temporary confiscate a few expensive planes and see how difficult it is for DeSantis to find options. Even pilots with questionable practices don't have unlimited planes to use.

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

^

Yeah, that's what I thought he meant by that sentence.  

Reports are unclear about who exactly DeSantis sent to here to round these folks up, get them released, and transported to (what I assume is) a private FBO at SAT.  He couldn't have sent uniformed Florida law enforcement.  It'd still be inhumane, but if it was DPS or Border Parol, nobody around there would have batted an eye.  But three guys in matching security polos walk into an immigration center with a note from "Tio Ronalde de que?" and gets the 48-50 Venezuelans outta there and onto a bus and nobody says a word?

I assume that the reason DeSantis spent so much was not that it was only for the cost of the flight, but instead DeSantis had to fund an entire human trafficking scam. I assume those type of operatives aren't cheap. They set the price and you pay.