Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

11 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

Seven point underdogs on the road in Minnesota tomorrow. Should be a beautiful day clear skies and relatively hot for Minnesota. Should be broadcast on FOX nationwide.

Maybe they should let the volleyball girls line up & play 'em instead ...

I don't know how Nebraska fans can keep going through this misery. 

They haven't made the NCAA tournament in men's basketball since 2014 and only 1 appearance since 2000. In baseball, they haven't made it out of a regional since 2005. In football, it's looking like the 11th straight year of not being a top-25 team. 

That's some next-level suckage for a diehard fanbase. 

• Haha 1

I don't know how Nebraska fans can keep going through this misery. 
They haven't made the NCAA tournament in men's basketball since 2014 and only 1 appearance since 2000. In baseball, they haven't made it out of a regional since 2005. In football, it's looking like the 11th straight year of not being a top-25 team. 

Incredibly, they’ve never won an NCAA Tournament game.

17 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

What?  

The program's first year of competition was 1897, and NU has since compiled an all-time record of 1,535–1,417, with seven NCAA tournament and sixteen NIT appearances. The team has been coached by Fred Hoiberg since 2019.

Nebraska did not make the NCAA Tournament until 1986 and remains the only major-conference program to have never won a tournament game.

^^^^ this seems kinda shitty

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Incredibly, they’ve never won an NCAA Tournament game.

20 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

What?  

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

The program's first year of competition was 1897, and NU has since compiled an all-time record of 1,535–1,417, with seven NCAA tournament and sixteen NIT appearances. The team has been coached by Fred Hoiberg since 2019.

Nebraska did not make the NCAA Tournament until 1986 and remains the only major-conference program to have never won a tournament game.

Northwestern had never in their history made the tournament before 2017. And now they have 2 wins in two appearances, which is more than Nebraska. 🤣

And everybody in Nebraska roots for Creighton in basketball. It's kinda weird.

22 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Please tell me their winless tournament record includes going 0-16 in the NIT. 

6 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The whole tournament or a single game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Cornhuskers_men's_basketball

Much of the team's modest modern-day success came during the fourteen-year tenure of Danny Nee, Nebraska's all-time winningest head coach. Nee led the Cornhuskers to five of their seven NCAA Tournament appearances and six NIT bids, including the 1996 NIT championship, NU's only national postseason title. After Nee was fired in 2000, head coaches Barry Collier, Doc Sadler, and Tim Miles combined to take the Cornhuskers to the NCAA Tournament just once in nineteen seasons. Miles was fired in 2019 and Nebraska hired former Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg.[4]

This is their penance for building their entire legacy on the sketchy "walk on" program and beating up on the old weak big 8 teams for decades.  If they had always been a Big 10 team, they would have never won a NC, maybe never a conference championship.

Hope OU has the same fate in SEC. GFY, the both of ya's.  Yes, I'm a bitter old Big 8 OSU fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

This is their penance for building their entire legacy on the sketchy "walk on" program and beating up on the old weak big 8 teams for decades.  If they had always been a Big 10 team, they would have never won a NC, maybe never a conference championship.

Hope OU has the same fate in SEC. GFY, the both of ya's.  Yes, I'm a bitter old Big 8 OSU fan. 

Before Bob Devaney arrived in Lincoln, the Big 8 was AKA "Oklahoma and the Seven Dwarves". 

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

I can't stand Nebraska, either, but the teams they fielded in the early 90s would have won the Big 10, too. I don't know if the Big 10 would have allowed them to build those teams with partial qualifiers, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I can't stand Nebraska, either, but the teams they fielded in the early 90s would have won the Big 10, too. I don't know if the Big 10 would have allowed them to build those teams with partial qualifiers, though.

What I'm saying is they never could've built the program to that level if they had always been in the big 10.  They were able to get that way on the backs of weak sisters in the old big 8.

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Good. Fuck 'em for being the huge gaping cunt of a fanbase that they are. I also harbor a strong dislike for Rhule, so I'm glad that bitch and his 2-16 record vs ranked teams ended up in Lincoln. Good luck competing in the Big X with the future success in cfb directly tied to big money NIL. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nebraska has quietly won 5 of the last 6, with the only loss coming to Michigan. Not a murderer's row of a schedule, but over the last 3 games they beat 3 B1G teams that they lost to last year, and are tied for the lead in the west division. Rhule has done a good job in my opinion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SurlyORama said:

Nebraska has quietly won 5 of the last 6, with the only loss coming to Michigan. Not a murderer's row of a schedule, but over the last 3 games they beat 3 B1G teams that they lost to last year, and are tied for the lead in the west division. Rhule has done a good job in my opinion.

Fact. Rhule's looking better than season one at Temple or Baylor.

• 4 weeks later...