Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Omg what a nice piece to show to any recruit leaning towards the gomers from the State of Texas. They clearly have their sights set on recruiting out of state this year regardless of the position it seems.

Jimbo is just following Herman...seeing that we pulled in some excellent talent oos last cycle, he wants to try the same thing.  

Even when free, it's still a huge waste of time. 

Manziel was the king of jump balls--it's why he sucked in the pros, so maybe Looch knows their value..  But Mond can't toss a jump ball with consistency.   Another huge fuck up in Loochies wet dream is that Mond doesn't have the line Manziel had and stands to actually be worse next season.  

They're not winning the SEC or sniffing the top.  It's not happening, didn't happen the year they beat Bama with all those NFL linemen, receivers and Johnny Football and an all pro defensive end, sure as hell isn't happening with less.  And it will be awesome when another mid level Big 12 KSU team beats up on Aggie in a bowl game to hype up their championship run at 2020. 

I'm not an Aggie so this was the last time I read the driveling of an idiot.  What an assclown.  What bowl game did they win again last season with all that NFL talent?  Oh yeah, they beat wgaf NCState. 

>unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Edited by Mdhorn

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Part 1:

Mod: We'll start with the Diggs commitment. We're start with the major out of state commitment for Jimbo. Fadil Diggs defenisve end, edge rusher from New Jersey. 

Looch: A lot of people were asking me since this weekend, where he'd rank instate. That's what we always do with these out of state guys. I think it's a good question because everyone follows the in state rankings so much. Just off the national rankings, he'd be the number 1 d-lineman in the state this year. The real focus would be where would he rank as a d-end.  I'd think he'd be up there, right there with or above Collins and Broughton. And A&M wants those two. You're going to have to take more than one end. This year and pretty much every year in this conference. Rare, the day will come when A&M will look at at class and say we'd just need one defensive end. Let me know when that happens. Sometimes by default maybe. But Diggs is that type of guy. Ohio State and Penn State made a pretty furious push down the stretch. They were the ones who were trying desperately to get him to not pick A&M and to put that decision off if he wasn't going to be them. And buy some more time. I know it's a Jersey kid and it's a long time for A&M to hold on to and I agree with that. But here's the thing. Diggs was not a come to campus and get blown away by the stadium and facilities and go home and commit. Diggs, this has been a long time coming. He's loved A&M since his first visit. He's put a lot of thought into. He's been close for a  long time. This has been a long time coming. You've got Mike Elko and Elijah Robinson with extensive recruiting ties in that area and that's pretty much how this thing originally came about. I think this is going to be, He's going to be kind of a cornerstone piece. As far as in the state of Texas. You plop him at, and it doesn't even have to be a Katy or Allen, or Desoto or something like, you put him in Cypress or Sugar Land. I mean McKinney, any suburb in any big city in the state of Texas. This kid's easily a top 10 player in the state if not, you know he's between 5 and 10. He's that good. He's that highly recruited. Physically he's that good. He's long. He's a pass rusher. Heck, He looks just as good at TE. he's a pass rusher off the edge. He's got, I think he's got a great first step and can chase. You watch him and you see an instinctive guy. I think he's a, he's a better prospect than Tyree Johnson was coming out of the northeast a couple years ago, and I really liked him, and he's turned out, and he looks like he's going to be a player up front in the SEC.  I think Diggs is a better prospect at the same age. Actually I don't think, I know it. 

(Mod: discusses how most of his highlights are at TE. Looch talks about DE, blah blah. Alfred Collins might rank at the top of the list, I don't think he's quite there as far as Diggs is, ,blah. )

Looch: Will he help with Isaiah Raikes inside? Definitely he's going to help, no question, but will that be enough to get him with Ohio State and Penn State right there.  I like Elijah Robinson's chances with that one too. Raikes is a particularly important. You look around the state of Texas this year, and find me a defensive tackle. You find me a D-Tackle that can play. I like Princely Umanmielen. He's a Kingsley Keke type that can, kind of like a Max Wright type that can project either way. As far as pure inside guys, there is a dearth of interior D-Line prospects in the state of Texas this year. There's none right now that A&M would take a commitment from right now.  There's virtually none you're going to see scattered about even in the Big 12. It's probably the weakest position in the class right now. And then when you get those great ones out of state throughout the southeast. You talk about the hardest ones to recruit. That's why getting Derrick Hunter was such a coup last year for the Aggies. Because you have go through Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, LSU. It's murderous row to find a capable SEC 300 pounder coming out of high school that can play. When they're not any in Texas, that's a big blow. You've identified Raikes, you're going to be one of his finalists, so it would be a huge get to go ahead and finish that off. 

Part 2...later

There were parts of that transcript that I just couldn't understand. Like why would choose those words to say? It doesn't really make sense. 

So for the first time I listened to the podcast to see if it sounds better than it reads. It doesn't. Somehow, these transcripts are much more coherent than what he actually says. Also, props because it was really accurate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Even when free, it's still a huge waste of time. 

Manziel was the king of jump balls--it's why he sucked in the pros, so maybe Looch knows their value..  But Mond can't toss a jump ball with consistency.   Another huge fuck up in Loochies wet dream is that Mond doesn't have the line Manziel had and stands to actually be worse next season.  

They're not winning the SEC or sniffing the top.  It's not happening, didn't happen the year they beat Bama with all those NFL linemen, receivers and Johnny Football and an all pro defensive end, sure as hell isn't happening with less.  And it will be awesome when another mid level Big 12 KSU team beats up on Aggie in a bowl game to hype up their championship run at 2020. 

I'm not an Aggie so this was the last time I read the driveling of an idiot.  What an assclown.  What bowl game did they win again last season with all that NFL talent?  Oh yeah, they beat wgaf NCState. 

>unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Mond makes some really good throws, but it's inconsistent. Losing their best three players on offense means they're taking a step back on offense unless Mond has a 2018 Ehlinger type of jump. 

Manziel's biggest issue is he spent zero time in the film room, and partied non-stop. He had NFL starter talent if he wasn't such a dipshit. 

5 hours ago, Fud said:

Mond makes some really good throws, but it's inconsistent. Losing their best three players on offense means they're taking a step back on offense unless Mond has a 2018 Ehlinger type of jump. 

Manziel's biggest issue is he spent zero time in the film room, and partied non-stop. He had NFL starter talent if he wasn't such a dipshit. 

Meh.. you say that but he was shit from the pocket in the NFL.

Just now, Vertigo said:

Meh.. you say that but he was shit from the pocket in the NFL.

Which can partially be attributed to partying every night when most QBs basically sleep in the film room 

12. Texas A&M

[https://s3-amazonaws-com]The Texas A&M administration has spent hundreds of millions of dollars (literally) on the school’s football program in the last decade. If that’s not enough to impress you, A&M is the only SEC school in the state of Texas, arguably the top producer of high school talent in the nation. It’s very difficult to find any negatives with this job.

Any negatives? Well, you have to move your family to an awful backwater redneck cultural deficient town full of cultish morons who believe next year is their year like the previous 80.

Texas checks in at #4.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Melting down over Athlon rating UT a top 5 coaching job and aggy not so much

Hysterical they say FSU is too high. Yeah, a school that has won 3 national titles in the last 26 years and is a national brand is too high to Aggy, a school that hasn't won dick since 1939 and is in no way considered a national brand on the college football stage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

If the metrics are "get paid absurd amounts of money, sign insanely favorable contracts, without having to produce anything of significance" then I would say aggy is definitely top 5.  Likely top 2.

Este. Good work if you can get it.

2 hours ago, Terry Silver said:

If the metrics are "get paid absurd amounts of money, sign insanely favorable contracts, without having to produce anything of significance" then I would say aggy is definitely top 5.  Likely top 2.

I was about to say that Jimbo thinks it is the best job in the country, 75 million with a no strings attached contract that he can walk away from at any moment. 

4 hours ago, DaysOff said:

12. Texas A&M

[https://s3-amazonaws-com]The Texas A&M administration has spent hundreds of millions of dollars (literally) on the school’s football program in the last decade. If that’s not enough to impress you, A&M is the only SEC school in the state of Texas, arguably the top producer of high school talent in the nation. It’s very difficult to find any negatives with this job.

Any negatives? Well, you have to move your family to an awful backwater redneck cultural deficient town full of cultish morons who believe next year is their year like the previous 80.

Texas checks in at #4.

It is in the recruiting triangle of LSU, OU, and Texas. It takes those programs being down or FedEx to have any lasting recruiting success at aggy.

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's a top three job because you can sucker them out of a bunch of money without ever having to accomplish anything.

I have to tell you, I’m having a hard time thinking through what would be a better job than HC at ATM right now. They have no intention of admitting a poor hire any time soon, especially if a coach can speak aggie , which I know I can. They pay you exorbitant amounts of money irrespective of performance. Tons of publicity, hot coeds, and close to Houston and Austin. Fuck. I can handle College Station for $75million whether I win a single game or not. 

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

Hot Co-ed's? 

Technically, he's probably correct.  I'm sure if you scoured the campus, you could find 2 hot co-eds out of about 35,000 girls, but I sure wouldn't want to be the one who has to get past the other 34,998 to find them. I'd bet 44 Farms could handle it, though.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I love when they say that aggy is a top 3 job and the only thing is they haven't won anything recently.  I guess recently means almost a century ago...

I wonder how many of their current students were alive the last time A&M won a conference back in 1998.

There are three types of Aggy co-eds: 

1) Hot ones that couldn’t get into UT and marry rich fat Aggys and move back to Houston. 

2) Plain Jane country girls that marry poor guys and move back to New Caney. 

3) Fat hog girls that marry other fat  hogs and move back to Cypress. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Technically, he's probably correct.  I'm sure if you scoured the campus, you could find 2 hot co-eds out of about 35,000 girls, but I sure wouldn't want to be the one who has to get past the other 34,998 to find them. I'd bet 44 Farms could handle it, though.

If you have $75M, the hot ones will find you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This isn’t the 1970’s. ATM has a higher acceptance rate than Texas Tech and rivals Texas State. ATM produces a fuckton of hot coeds, even if you want to play a sheer numbers game. Sorry if that messes with the narrative of the thread. 

I've spent more than my fair share of time there in the past eight months. Have yet to see one that turned my head.

1) Hot ones that couldn’t get into UT and marry rich fat Aggys and move back to Houston. 
Katy needs to be in there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Username does not check out.

Lol.  

It's a long term handle from several fishing boards.  Back when I used to murder flounder on the reg. 

But works for that too, they definitely have some (tons) fatties up there, along with the hotts sprinkled in.  

Please please please let them get Hornsby and miss on King. Hornsby's stock has been in a free-fall ever since more people discovered that he's a lot less athletic and polished than (the people who bought the hype) originally believed. And I REALLY want to see aggy meltdown when Hornsby commits and his ranking continues to drop down to low-four star/high-three star territory.

It would be almost as good as Owens' fifth star. 

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

aggy should be considered a big job (stop me if you know what's coming) next year

Replace aggy with OU and he got the list about right.  

aggy, aggy... you're not a top program in the country, and you're  not a historically significant program.  You're not football royalty no matter how much you wish it were so.   

But if I had the hobbits contract I would certainly agree that it's a top job in the country.  

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Truth.