Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

@Magus Ossis, I think we can declare aggy hope medically dead.

Also "A&M or Bamako" is great typo. As if there's much difference between CStat and the Malian Sahara.

ECD1KkKVAAEwtCt?format=jpg&name=small

"This feels fishy as hell. Something is amiss."  I hope this quote is the first thing I think about when I wake up tomorrow morning.

30 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"This feels fishy as hell. Something is amiss."  I hope this quote is the first thing I think about when I wake up tomorrow morning.

giphy.gif .

"Fishy & amiss... I do not think you want to wake up to that?"

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"This is nothing like Mack and Fran"

Hide contents

ECD1UigU0AABlXT?format=jpg&name=smallECD1VpBU8AYpoa9?format=jpg&name=small

WTF is this stupid cocksucker talking about? Strong’s last class was garbage. He left Herman with like 6 commits 6 weeks out from NSD. Luckily for all of us, Sam was one of those 6. The 2017 class is not some poster child for “tu iz cheetin!”

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

WTF is this stupid cocksucker talking about? Strong’s last class was garbage. He left Herman with like 6 commits 6 weeks out from NSD. Luckily for all of us, Sam was one of those 6. The 2017 class is not some poster child for “tu iz cheetin!”

I think he's mixing it in with the 2016 NSD Rush class. They ain't bright.

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

ECDU5vMXUAAyB2P?format=png&name=360x360

Per a source close to Alford, Jimbo called up and invited him and his family for an intimate day of fishing and horseback riding at the ranch. According to this source, Alford told Coach that he's not really into horses, fish, or sheep, but he'd be up for an intimate game of pool volleyball. Coach reportedly got pissed, spiked his Michelob Ultra, hung up on Alford, and sped off from Spec's in his Mini Cooper. The late buzz I'm hearing is Texas, but I'm not yet ready to change my crystal ball pick. Wherever he announces tomorrow, there are a lot of ups and downs left to play out in this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Voluminous Banality said:

Per a source close to Alford, Jimbo called up and invited him and his family for an intimate day of fishing and horseback riding at the ranch. According to this source, Alford told Coach that he's not really into horses, fish, or sheep, but he'd be up for an intimate game of pool volleyball. Coach reportedly got pissed, spiked his Michelob Ultra, hung up on Alford, and sped off from Spec's in his Mini Cooper. The late buzz I'm hearing is Texas, but I'm not yet ready to change my crystal ball pick. Wherever he announces tomorrow, there are a lot of ups and downs left to play out in this one.

This is obviously false. Jimbo takes recruits fishing in drainage ditches. 

10 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Their genuine shock that we’re recruiting well is funny, considering we out recruit them every year even when we’re not good, but the most enjoyable part was how 2020 was supposed to be ‘their’ cycle and watching them observe the collapse is amusing as hell.

I remember when Looch was saying Herman is finished and wont recover and that aggy would own the state until at least 2021.

12 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Their genuine shock that we’re recruiting well is funny, considering we out recruit them every year even when we’re not good, but the most enjoyable part was how 2020 was supposed to be ‘their’ cycle and watching them observe the collapse is amusing as hell.

It’s because they genuinely believe they’re the flagship school in Texas now. They’re actually that stupid.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I remember when Looch was saying Herman is finished and wont recover and that aggy would own the state until at least 2021.

Yep. If he'd had more time, Jimbo would have picked the Texas class clean in his first weeks in College Station.

Real recruiting. Power moves. He knows how to win a natty.*

* Doesn't it seem like people who have never been close to a national championship are the ones most likely to use such an odd and stupid sounding abbreviation? A&M likes to believe they've arrived just moments after the car is started. 

"Natty. National Championship. We call it a natty around here because it comes up so much. Natty, pretty catchy, huh? Have I told that we belong to the SEC and have Jimbo?"

"It's all over your clothes and car, man."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

gomers cannot wait to get that cement fishing hole finished outside of Kroger stadium so they will have the home field advantage when fishing.

Catfish farm sounds like a realistic name for an aggy dating site.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Haha 2

The volleyball gif and Ritz Bits are very amusing.

A serious question: did Jimbo recruit well in metropolitan areas while at FSU? I have no idea what the answer is. If the answer is no, then he may not be a great recruiter in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and  Fort Worth.

Maybe the cowboy boots and fast-talking hillbilly routine don't play well with urban kids. 

Just a guess on my part. I have no evidence.

58 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Somebody claimed that the recruits were calling him Ritz bits on the group chat because he is a 'little cracker'.

That's more along the lines of what I was expecting. Couldn't understand why anybody that isn't a redneck goober would respect Jimbo. Dude sounds like a used car auctioneer

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A serious question: did Jimbo recruit well in metropolitan areas while at FSU? I have no idea what the answer is. If the answer is no, then he may not be a great recruiter in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and  Fort Worth.

Maybe the cowboy boots and fast-talking hillbilly routine don't play well with urban kids. 

He didn't have a hard time in general, and honestly, he hasn't had a hard time at ATM. He's recruited well, rankings-wise. The folks who compare his recruiting and personnel management to late-era Mack Brown have it straight, in my mind. He's landed elite talent at the top of his classes, but he fills the rest of each class up with bread and high risk recruits. Buying mercenaries from other regions is tricky. You'd better play them, and quick, or you might not have them over the long haul. Couple that with lazy takes/bad evaluations and the classes can get hollowed out pretty quickly. Beyond that, I'll flip you a plug nickel if you can rationally explain to me what he's doing at key positions. Do they have an OT on the roster? Is there more than one viable CB at practice? I can't figure out why he needs 13 underclassmen WRs for that offense. Strange shit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He recruited South Florida very well but that was due mostly to James Coley's connections and then Brewster. He never recruited Tampa well at all. His recruiting in the Bay area was pretty shitty actually. Recruiting in Jacksonville and Orlando were meh.

Edited by TBGFL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

He recruited South Florida very well but that was due mostly to James Coley's connections and then Brewster. He never recruited Tampa well at all. His recruiting in the Bay area was pretty shitty actually. Recruiting in Jacksonville and Orlando were meh.

From what I can tell, it’s not so much that Jimbo himself is all that great of a recruiter. He just has no qualms about dirty recruiters and values recruiting highly on his staff, so he always has at least a few rainmakers on staff. It’s unarguable at this point that losing Brewster hurt him quite a bit. He still has Craig and Elko appears to be a pretty good recruiter. Other than that though, not many rainmakers and his last two coaches, TE and OL, don’t seem to be every good recruiters. If Elko leave after this year and he doesn’t replace him with a really good recruiter (tough to do when you also need a DC who can really coach), then they’re going to be struggling, especially in-state, and will have to resort to buying more mercenaries OOS, which will likely increase what is going to be an already high attrition rate.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

W̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶.̶ ̶D̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶g̶.̶

This story is 100% true

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Really going out on a limb there with 8-4 across the board. Only question is are the 4 losses to the big boys, or do they snake one of those games but lose to one of the other sec teams, but then frame the season around a signature win. 

Well you see they beat LSU last year, which means they will win that game from here on out /aggylogic 

So I guess they drop either barn or state.   God I hope it’s arky tho.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

From what I can tell, it’s not so much that Jimbo himself is all that great of a recruiter. He just has no qualms about dirty recruiters and values recruiting highly on his staff, so he always has at least a few rainmakers on staff. It’s unarguable at this point that losing Brewster hurt him quite a bit. He still has Craig and Elko appears to be a pretty good recruiter. Other than that though, not many rainmakers and his last two coaches, TE and OL, don’t seem to be every good recruiters. If Elko leave after this year and he doesn’t replace him with a really good recruiter (tough to do when you also need a DC who can really coach), then they’re going to be struggling, especially in-state, and will have to resort to buying more mercenaries OOS, which will likely increase what is going to be an already high attrition rate.

How come Brewster never rejoined Mack after his time in the NFL and at Minnesota?