A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

That lady after all of the last 7 some odd years, asked him about his faith, which should be glaringly apparent is non-existent.  It would be interesting to see an after-action report and see if she's even slightly perturbed that he completely dodged her question.

Or it was a plant, he knew it was coming, and that’s STILL the answer given.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

That lady after all of the last 7 some odd years, asked him about his faith, which should be glaringly apparent is non-existent.  It would be interesting to see an after-action report and see if she's even slightly perturbed that he completely dodged her question.

Lulz. Guaranteed she's the type who declares Trump is a modern day King Cyrus and God is using him as an example that He can make the non-pious do his righteous bidding. Here's a hint: whenever anyone asks you how your spirituality has grown or for examples of people who have mentored you on your spiritual journey, they don't care what your answer is. They've determined you're one of them, and just want you to make grunting noises that they will regurgitate to other of their ilk as proof that you and they are among "the chosen."

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

At rallies he's repeating his inauguration speech about how the country is like Soylent Green. He's the most negative, depressing, hopeless, destructive, morally bankrupt and ignorant President we have ever had. I can't believe anyone was so stupid to have voted for him. The first time maybe, but the second time? 

I think - If Trump becomes the GOP nominee and loses to Joe Biden, again, GOP/MAGA people will say they didn't vote for him and they never liked the guy, that he never should have been President because he's an idiot and the job was way over his head.

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Lulz. Guaranteed she's the type who declares Trump is a modern day King Cyrus and God is using him as an example that He can make the non-pious do his righteous bidding. Here's a hint: whenever anyone asks you how your spirituality has grown or for examples of people who have mentored you on your spiritual journey, they don't care what your answer is. They've determined you're one of them, and just want you to make grunting noises that they will regurgitate to other of their ilk as proof that you and they are among "the chosen."

The King Cyrus angle is the one my aunt goes with, but she mixes in some Bible numerology as well. So among some "Christians" there are two camps:

1) Those who are such idiots to think that the dotard is actually a devout Christian, and

2) Those who recognize he's a bad person but believe God is using him as his tool

Either way, they can justify voting for him.

• Rage+1 2

My in-laws were exactly the same. It became comical when the ultra-faux evangelical and RW SIL told her parents that she couldn't vote for Trump again in 2020 because he was such a vile, disgusting POS and she was read the riot act for not "trusting God's plan." Amazingly enough, she stood her ground.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

The God that hasn't talked to us in 2000 years.....decides to re-engage the dialogue.  Not with the Jews, or in Nazareth, or Arimathea, nor in Galile.  Not with the descendants of the Houses of Judah or Benjamin, the only of the original 12 to survive this long.  Not anywhere in the Middle East, or among the Muslims or descendants of Abraham who lost their way.  Not at the heart of his Church on Earth in Rome, Vatican City, Saint Peter's Square, or Constantinople/Istanbul where his church took root and spread to the corners of the known world.  Every single time God, through his own voice or through that of his only son Jesus, spoke to us...it was in known places and seats of influence.  Through known Kings, Prophets, Scholars, and Rabbis.  Or as stated, through the Man he sent to walk among us.  Always.  He spoke through vessels and commoners to reach a broader audience but I have a hard time believing he would veer from this multi-millenia old playbook to speak through a guy on a gold-plated escalator on an island nobody knew existed when he last spoke to us.  And the man, unlike every single other person of influence in either testament, ends up being literally one of the worst fucking human beings to ever walk the Earth.  I don't mean like the thieves crucified alongside Christ, I mean a rotten socio-path, driven by greed who feels no remorse over the pain and death and suffering he visits upon the downtrodden and vulnerable almost every single day for the last 60 years.  

If you really, truly believe that's God's plan, why don't you go back and re-read the 1500 page playbook he's already shared with us and tell me how many similarities you see between Donald Trump and the others sent by the Lord to spread his commands?  And I don't mean the Joel Osteen/Evangelical cliff's notes, I mean show me where in the bible PRECISELY you see strong parallels to Trump and his path of life?  

• Like 8

The God that hasn't talked to us in 2000 years.....decides to re-engage the dialogue.  Not with the Jews, or in Nazareth, or Arimathea, nor in Galile.  Not with the descendants of the Houses of Judah or Benjamin, the only of the original 12 to survive this long.  Not anywhere in the Middle East, or among the Muslims or descendants of Abraham who lost their way.  Not at the heart of his Church on Earth in Rome, Vatican City, Saint Peter's Square, or Constantinople/Istanbul where his church took root and spread to the corners of the known world.  Every single time God, through his own voice or through that of his only son Jesus, spoke to us...it was in known places and seats of influence.  Through known Kings, Prophets, Scholars, and Rabbis.  Or as stated, through the Man he sent to walk among us.  Always.  He spoke through vessels and commoners to reach a broader audience but I have a hard time believing he would veer from this multi-millenia old playbook to speak through a guy on a gold-plated escalator on an island nobody knew existed when he last spoke to us.  And the man, unlike every single other person of influence in either testament, ends up being literally one of the worst fucking human beings to ever walk the Earth.  I don't mean like the thieves crucified alongside Christ, I mean a rotten socio-path, driven by greed who feels no remorse over the pain and death and suffering he visits upon the downtrodden and vulnerable almost every single day for the last 60 years.  
If you really, truly believe that's God's plan, why don't you go back and re-read the 1500 page playbook he's already shared with us and tell me how many similarities you see between Donald Trump and the others sent by the Lord to spread his commands?  And I don't mean the Joel Osteen/Evangelical cliff's notes, I mean show me where in the bible PRECISELY you see strong parallels to Trump and his path of life?  

I mean, the Bible is FULL of assholes. The challenge for the Trumpkins is that the assholes aren’t the heroes of the stories, but the villains. They just decide to believe that up is down and such to take care of that problem.

“ President Trump, would you share with us what was Jesus’s most favorite handgun?”

” Nobody was a bigger supporter of the Second Amendment than Jesus. A lot of people don’t know that. They should read the Bible and find out that my policies are the same as his policies. I hear that all the time. A lot of Christians donate money to my campaign saying, “Sir, they are going to tear down all the churches and make us learn Muslim unless you get elected again!”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My in-laws were exactly the same. It became comical when the ultra-faux evangelical and RW SIL told her parents that she couldn't vote for Trump again in 2020 because he was such a vile, disgusting POS and she was read the riot act for not "trusting God's plan." Amazingly enough, she stood her ground.

Any time you hear this just say clearly God’s plan is for Biden to be president. I’m so glad you’re behind him 100%

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

“ President Trump, would you share with us what was Jesus’s most favorite handgun?”
” Nobody was a bigger supporter of the Second Amendment than Jesus. A lot of people don’t know that. They should read the Bible and find out that my policies are the same as his policies. I hear that all the time. A lot of Christians donate money to my campaign saying, “Sir, they are going to tear down all the churches and make us learn Muslim unless you get elected again!”

Has anyone ever tried to set him up like this? Ask him what he thinks about President Ben Franklin or something.

“Oh Ben was so great. Great president. So smart. A lot of people don’t know that.”
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

The King Cyrus angle is the one my aunt goes with, but she mixes in some Bible numerology as well. So among some "Christians" there are two camps:
1) Those who are such idiots to think that the dotard is actually a devout Christian, and
2) Those who recognize he's a bad person but believe God is using him as his tool

Isn't this exactly the narrative of the antichrist?

• Like 5

This. My fucking god this. He just jabbers about nothing, but has this weird charisma that appeals to the dumbest people. He’s a savant in that sense. In every other sense, he’s every bit of an insane moron as the rest of them. 

Reading his transcripts read like a Charlie Strong post game press conference.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

If Trump is God’s plan, he truly fucking hates us and decided the flooding the world and killing everyone again was too cliche to repeat 

trump was sent as a test for Christians and evangelicals. FYI, they’re all failing 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah another great example of him filling the channel with irrelevant bullshit that people seem to eat up.

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Actually, he fucking sucks at it, but his base is too stupid to realize.

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This. My fucking god this. He just jabbers about nothing, but has this weird charisma that appeals to the dumbest people. He’s a savant in that sense. In every other sense, he’s every bit of an insane moron as the rest of them. 

I'm not sure the collective IQ of that arena equals Tom Herman/MENSA level.

Americans, by and large, are pretty stupid/ignorant people. Arrogantly so. MAGAts are the worst of the worst.

• Hook 'Em 2

trump was sent as a test for Christians and evangelicals. FYI, they’re all failing 

Seriously….for a group of people who think that god is regularly testing humanity….it amazes me that they’re also all too fucking dumb to grasp the idea that just maybe, Trump is the test, in which case they’re all getting an F-. And based on his contrast with the ACTUAL MOTHERFUCKING GOSPELS, there’s no other possible read but that.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Walser said:

The ones who believe he is a devout Christian, most likely think Putin is the One True Christian Leader of Europe, leading a crusade against the corrupt Jew Zelenskyy and the like.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

They don't care.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The ones who believe he is a devout Christian, most likely think Putin is the One True Christian Leader of Europe, leading a crusade against the corrupt Jew Zelenskyy and the like.

They don't care.  

Nope, they love false prophets 

• Like 1

Someone posted in one of the other threads about how one of his elder relatives was not worried about climate change cause Jesus/God would fix it if we just praise and loved him enough.   If you believe in an hyper insecure, malignantly narcissistic, teenager-girl-like God who needs extreme admiration to help anyone out, then it makes a lot of sense that you worship Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Someone posted in one of the other threads about how one of his elder relatives was not worried about climate change cause Jesus/God would fix it if we just praise and loved him enough.   If you believe in an hyper insecure, malignantly narcissistic, teenager-girl-like God who needs extreme admiration to help anyone out, then it makes a lot of sense that you worship Trump.

That's like a cheerleader(s) being held captive in a basement or crawlspace thinking that if she was just a little nicer to the man holding her captive, he'd eventually let her go and turn himself in.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's like a cheerleader(s) being held captive in a basement or crawlspace thinking that if she was just a little nicer to the man holding her captive, he'd eventually let her go and turn himself in.

I’ve seen that one. Putting out is the key.   But he doesn’t turn himself in, they run away together because she is impressed with his large penis. 

On 7/22/2023 at 3:51 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I mean... these are people who claim to be believers, who have long since abandoned everything except the pretense of following what they claim to.

Their brains are so filled with lies and nonsense, so completely lost, how can they even tell?

On 7/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Red Five said:

Has anyone ever tried to set him up like this? Ask him what he thinks about President Ben Franklin or something.

url.jpg.2714a6959a110ba8bb341c11c0ee603c.jpg

On 7/22/2023 at 11:47 AM, DaysOff said:

Reading his transcripts read like a Charlie Strong post game press conference.

too soon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:52 AM, Neonmoon said:

American Christians are not Christians. They never have been. It’s a cult. It’s based on being white, male, and doing whatever the fuck you want with no consequences while imposing rule on others. It’s full of the dumbest cruelest fucking people.

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Well. Not ALL of us. Most of us, definitely. But not all.

12e235_fac1e815182b4a5fa26bf01ac0ac6dea~

• Hook 'Em 6

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

image.gif.326106c9aa8b59d19242f836db4373b4.gif

• Haha 1

Trump desperately wants to go on Joe Rogan's podcast. So far, Joe hasn't extended the invite.

https://dnyuz.com/2023/07/24/the-standoff-between-trump-and-joe-rogan-over-a-podcast-invite/

Roger Stone doing Roger Stone things too: "Stone has begun discussing a UFC-styled cage match between himself and Rogan to settle the matter, according to one adviser. And on a recent appearance on the far-right InfoWars show, Stone confirmed he wants to battle Rogan in the octagon.

“I know I can definitely take him,” Stone told the conspiracy theory-loving host, Alex Jones.

“I hit the heavy bag for an hour every Saturday,” Stone added, making a punching motion with his hand.

Despite Jones’ warning against the idea, Stone, who is 70 years old, doubled down. “Well, let me put it this way, Alex. He was wearing a really nice suit,” Stone said, referring to Rogan at the Las Vegas event. “I wonder what it would cost in a man’s size.”

Donald Trump has made his career—both in business and politics—by drawing attention to himself. And Trump and his advisers are stuck on one particular idea to get that attention: an appearance on Joe Rogan’s podcast.

Except there’s one problem: Trump keeps striking out.

After shaking hands with Rogan at a recent UFC fight in Las Vegas, the aspiration returned to the front of Trump’s mind. In conversations with advisers and allies, Trump has encouraged those close to him to hype up a potential podcast invite, according to a source familiar.

“The mere discussion of Donald Trump on a blockbuster podcast like Joe Rogan builds a remarkable audience,” a Trump adviser told The Daily Beast. “Perhaps the only person bigger in the new media world than Joe Rogan is Donald Trump and the whole idea that the two of them would be together at long last—it would be an incredible audience.”

Trump’s re-ignited desire to appear on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast follows the ex-president appearing with the Nelk Boys on their podcast Full Send, a frat-like interview show with young men wearing backwards hats. That podcast did millions of views and listens across a number of platforms.

After the Nelk Boys hosted Trump, the episode was removed from YouTube over the former president spouting bogus election claims.

“When the episode got canceled, they didn’t turn on Trump,” a Republican operative close to the campaign said. “Trump appreciated that, even in the face of pressure, they didn’t turn on him.”

As Fox News increasingly turns on Trump and the campaign eyes alternative media opportunities, one thing is clear: Trump is seeking out attention in new places. One arena where he has never triumphed is Rogan’s podcast, despite Rogan’s audience and Trump’s supporters sharing significant overlap.

Rogan averages 11 million listens for each of his episodes, and a Trump episode would almost certainly draw a much larger audience. Both men could benefit from the appearance.

But Rogan has been clear that he has no interest in hosting the former president.

“I’m not a Trump supporter in any way, shape or form,” Rogan said earlier this month on the Lex Fridman podcast. “I’ve had the opportunity to have him on my show more than once. I’ve said no every time. I don’t want to help him. I’m not interested in helping him.”

But Trump and his advisers aren’t giving up.

One of Trump’s longest-serving informal advisers, Roger Stone, has even devised a strange plan to pressure Rogan.

Stone was with Trump at the UFC fight in Las Vegas, where the ex-president shook Rogan’s hand, and he’s reasoned that the way to force Rogan into hosting Trump is to attack the podcaster.

One source close to Stone said they “already know all about” the self-described dirty trickster’s plan to sling dirt at Rogan, hoping Rogan might take the bait.

Part of Stone’s pressure campaign is to refer to Rogan’s “handlers” as one of the reasons Trump can’t get an invite. Another part of his strategy is far more bizarre.

Stone has begun discussing a UFC-styled cage match between himself and Rogan to settle the matter, according to one adviser. And on a recent appearance on the far-right InfoWars show, Stone confirmed he wants to battle Rogan in the octagon.

“I know I can definitely take him,” Stone told the conspiracy theory-loving host, Alex Jones.

“I hit the heavy bag for an hour every Saturday,” Stone added, making a punching motion with his hand.

Despite Jones’ warning against the idea, Stone, who is 70 years old, doubled down. “Well, let me put it this way, Alex. He was wearing a really nice suit,” Stone said, referring to Rogan at the Las Vegas event. “I wonder what it would cost in a man’s size.”

Two informal advisers who regularly speak to the former president detailed how Trump has long attempted to secure an invite on Rogan’s podcast.

“The president listens to Rogan,” one adviser said, noting they had been with Trump while he watched a clip from the podcast. “I don’t think the president takes Rogan’s criticism personally, and really, in the end, Donald Trump would listen to a non-politician with some mild criticism more than a politician that kisses his ass.”

Another adviser claimed Trump was “much more patient” about an invite than it seems. “He plays the long game, and very well,” this person said.

Trump himself doesn’t seem to care exactly how he gets an invite—he just wants an invite.

“The drama builds an audience, not just for the show when it eventually happens,” one of the previously mentioned advisers said.

Another adviser who has spoken to Trump about Rogan, pointed to the podcast host welcoming Democratic presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on his show, arguing that it’d only be fair to have Trump.

That’s a point that Rogan clearly doesn’t agree on, though Rogan didn’t return a request for comment on this story, just as a spokesperson for Trump also didn’t return multiple requests for comment.

But one thing almost everyone in Trump’s orbit agrees on is that Stone would get his ass handed to him in a fight with Rogan.

“Roger’s pretty old, isn’t he?” one person close to Trump said. “Have to think Rogan would pummel him.”

The post The Standoff Between Trump and Joe Rogan Over a Podcast Invite appeared first on The Daily Beast.

• Haha 1

Such a podcast would no doubt be three high-energy hours of non-stop dialogue and opinions.  I have every confidence it would be one of, if not the, highest rated shows in Rogan's history and that's saying something.  

You could develop a multi-digit counter to put in the corner that would tally the number of lies told and/or number of times Trump didn't actually answer Rogan's question.  And however many digit placeholders I allowed you, it would not be sufficient.  

They are both highly entertaining, but I've never heard either one of them make a coherent thought out loud in a number of decades.  Rogan got close once with this standup bit he has about tigers in India attacking some guys on a boat.  

54 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We live in an especially shitty Steven Seagal movie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3