A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

He's a con man that got into it because of the grift.  The best grift is from the authoritarian angle with no checks and balances except defenestration of your political foes.  This is why he idolizes Putin because of the grift not anything else.  He has no political compass or beliefs except the grift.

Yeah, so fucked up.  The guy has no moral or political compass of any kind, even a corrupt or twisted one.  He's in it for power and self-aggrandizement, even moreso than grift, but that surely helps.  In the process has become a tool for kooks that sell him on twisted versions of America that play to his weaknesses.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, if he had to choose between having 300 Billion or 2 Billion and Being President he would probably choose the latter because of AF1, salutes and head of state benefits and he could still grift.

That Aussie guy clearly would choose the 300 Billion and use it to manipulate idiots like Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I was listening to the podcast Smartless (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett) this morning and they had Rachel Maddow on. What a smart woman. She has a new book out called Prequel about how a group of people, including Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh tried to set up a government similar to Nazi Germany here in the US during the 1930's and 40's. They had militia groups all over the US along with sympathizers in government, Senators, etc. I realize that this has been the topic of several movies and TV series over the past few years. Cautionary tales. It seems like our country is going through this again and has been for awhile. It made me think, do you feel that Trump is a student of Hitler's and Nazi Germany, and that's why he acts like he does and talks like he does? I asked my wife that and she didn't think he was smart enough to be a student and that someone else is directing this. Thoughts? Maddow is hopeful that our country will get past this as it has so many times before. But man this is a rerun that just keeps happening over and over. If you get a chance listen to the podcast. I know there isn't a simple answer to all of this. 

I tend to agree with your wife, but there are those in Trump's orbit, like Bannon, who likely know this history well and understand what they're doing. If you're into podcasts and getting more into this history, listen to Maddow's called "Ultra", where you'll get much more detail on that history. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What's so annoying is that this opinion would have gotten you labeled with "Trump Derangement Syndrome" 2016-2020. None of these behaviors are new or surprising out of trump. But everyone continually gave him the benefit of the doubt after literal decades of fraud and abuse

And they appear to be set to continue to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

I was listening to the podcast Smartless (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett) this morning and they had Rachel Maddow on. What a smart woman. She has a new book out called Prequel about how a group of people, including Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh tried to set up a government similar to Nazi Germany here in the US during the 1930's and 40's. They had militia groups all over the US along with sympathizers in government, Senators, etc. I realize that this has been the topic of several movies and TV series over the past few years. Cautionary tales. It seems like our country is going through this again and has been for awhile. It made me think, do you feel that Trump is a student of Hitler's and Nazi Germany, and that's why he acts like he does and talks like he does? I asked my wife that and she didn't think he was smart enough to be a student and that someone else is directing this. Thoughts? Maddow is hopeful that our country will get past this as it has so many times before. But man this is a rerun that just keeps happening over and over. If you get a chance listen to the podcast. I know there isn't a simple answer to all of this. 

As others have said, Trump is not a student of anything. These forces are likely at work but Trump is nothing more than the manipulators' useful idiot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Trump is a student of himself. He is the only person in the world who masturbates to himself

I'd be shocked if Ted Cruz didnt spend at least 30 minutes a day in a similar pursuit. Right after his podcast. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

That "our religion" thing is really breathtaking.

Given that the moron party relies on an unholy alliance of fundagelical protestants, catlicks, and a few jews, they really ought to be considering what happens when the theocracy dog catches the car.  I doubt the ratfuck baptis and the papists are going to exactly welcome each other with open arms.  And, intellectually and in terms of political sophistication, it really is the Dominionist Catholics that are running this shit and will take the positions of power.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That "our religion" thing is really breathtaking.

Given that the moron party relies on an unholy alliance of fundagelical protestants, catlicks, and a few jews, they really ought to be considering what happens when the theocracy dog catches the car.

They don't seem to really think things through though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The man must be stopped. Putin sure is getting his money’s worth ….

GQP is just completely compromised by the Russians at this point.  The NRA being openly infiltrated by Russians was just the canary in the coal mine.

All those Republicans who spent decades through the Cold War pushing America to stand up to the Soviets, and then 30 years after the Soviet Union collapsed, it's Republicans led by a draft-dodging Democrat-turned-Republican from New York City who will happily hand the keys over to a literal ex-KGB-turned-Russian dictator.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4