A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think there are a lot of R voters who would claim they are “undecided” because they are embarrassed to vote for him because they know what he really is. I would bet 80% of them will end up holding their noses and pulling that lever. 

They’re not holding their noses. Deep down they’re not offended by what a wretched, despicable scumbag he is. They kind of like it. 

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nobody knew anything about the hero’s net worth.

Regardless of the race component, is there really a conversation to be had about the net woorth of the usual Waffle House patron?  I mean, besides certain lawyers who post here.

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

“Poisining the blood… “, totally not racist.

Give me a fucking break.

Trump’s first wife said he had Hitler speeches at his bedside dresser.    I’m willing to bet he would sit in a dark room watching Triumph of the Will and masturbating.    

All he wants in life is to be adored and followed without question - the way Adolf Hitler was adored and his word was law.   Look, his daughter married a Jewish guy. It’s not about race.  Its not about religion.  It’s about a narcissist craving power and being loved - and wanting fealty.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Regardless of the race component, is there really a conversation to be had about the net woorth of the usual Waffle House patron?  I mean, besides certain lawyers who post here.

I’m not smart enough to know where you’re going with this, but you can take my pecan waffle from my cold dead fingers.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Trump’s first wife said he had Hitler speeches at his bedside dresser.    I’m willing to bet he would sit in a dark room watching Triumph of the Will and masturbating.    

All he wants in life is to be adored and followed without question - the way Adolf Hitler was adored and his word was law.   Look, his daughter married a Jewish guy. It’s not about race.  Its not about religion.  It’s about a narcissist craving power and being loved - and wanting fealty.   

Yeah, the guy is a universe of one.  Everyone that is not him is lesser.  Those who do not openly adore him are lesser still.

The guy is pretty much an equal opportunity asshole piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No way in hell Trump would’ve ever let Ivanka marry a black man no matter how rich the guy was. He would’ve disowned her. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

“Poisining the blood… “, totally not racist.

Give me a fucking break.

Yes that’s racist. 

The point being raised is that he’s saying that because white supremacists support him. If saying racist shit gets more people to love him,he will do it. He’s a narcissist sociopath. Racism is just a means.

There is supporting evidence in the other direction as well. Was not renting to black people a racism thing or a poor thing? Was going after the Central Park 5 racist? Was birtherism racist? 

I bets it’s not as cut and dry as both sides will argue. Yes he’s a narcissistic sociopath but he’s also a little racist. I would also speculate it’s not hard to find some racist tendencies in white people born in his generation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

While it’s an interesting psychological question, does it really matter if he’s really racist in the traditional sense or not?  He’s still one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet and we will all be better off when he’s dead. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Racism is more of an ethos than anything trump can generate. 

Are you sure about that? I think the message received is the message:

https://apnews.com/article/9961ee5b3c3b42d29aebdee837c17a11

https://www.axios.com/2020/01/17/donald-trump-african-american-voters-poll-racist

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/politics/poll-trump-racist/index.html

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think there are a lot of R voters who would claim they are “undecided” because they are embarrassed to vote for him because they know what he really is. I would bet 80% of them will end up holding their noses and pulling that lever. 

Many would pull the level for Nikki in a heartbeat, especially since in their minds, Trump could easily lose again (not helped by the fact that he’s constantly saying it’s going to be stollen from him again). That’s why she’s still in it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

if we want to head in a new direction, he’s not a republican either. 

anyone picking up a pattern here?

He has a history of racism. While in office, the only things he did was cut taxes and break things. Which is pretty much their main Republican platform 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Many would pull the level for Nikki in a heartbeat, especially since in their minds, Trump could easily lose again (not helped by the fact that he’s constantly saying it’s going to be stollen from him again). That’s why she’s still in it.

Yep.  These are the disaffected Rs that consider themselves Never Trumpers.  Many of them voted for Biden.  Many of them are looking for ANY REASON to pull the R lever again.  They think Trump is the only problem.  They are very wrong.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  These are the disaffected Rs that consider themselves Never Trumpers.  Many of them voted for Biden.  Many of them are looking for ANY REASON to pull the R lever again.  They think Trump is the only problem.  They are very wrong.

And she'll be more than happy to push most of the Trump agenda and try and appoint shit judges. She could be very appealing to a lot of (R)s that don't want Trump's drama, and there are plenty - his rallies are a pale shadow of what they were prior to November 2020, and if upcoming primaries show lackluster number, she could go pretty deep into the primaries.

I have a feeling the Vivek bros were never going to vote, or were libertarians.  DeSantis followers wanted the Trump agenda but many were pissed at Trump for COVID reasons ("RON SAVED US FROM FAUCI OUCHY!") and some of those folks may slide over to RFK Jr (but he won't be on any state ballots).  And looking at social media, a lot of the DeSantis followers are pissed that he endorsed Trump because of the COVID stuff, but Nikki supported that stuff as well, so either they stay home or just hold their nose and pull the (R) lever in November.

Fair points above.  The off-ramp of this is gonna take awhile.  Even if you present them with "less shitty" alternatives in major elections (POTUS, Senate, Governor, et. al.)...they will gladly ignore the past/current ill & future demented goals.  Some have left the party entirely because they saw how toxic it was and Trump was merely the symptom (never mind how many fuckups he onboarded from the shadows).  But I'd say only seven digit voters (thankfully spread out across many current and future battleground states) have likely left the GOP.  Now they may still vote for some down ballot,  But most will veer back onto the highway once Trump is gone.  

It's like in "The Sopranos" when New York decides to whack the boss of New Jersey and "do business with whatever's left over."  The very first thing is Trump has to die.  Then you have to see how the rats scurry . But as we've exhausted:

1.  There are just 25mm who are going to vote straight ticket Republican in Presidential years no matter what.  Just make your peace with it.  Call 'em whatever you want, but at least they're consistent.  They did it long before Trump and they'll do it long after.  You can have Satan or Mother Teresa at the top, they're just pulling the lever and that's that.  

2.  The bottom 25mm have been exhaustively studied and nobody still really knows them qualitatively.  They'll range from leaving politics again and never being an issue in America to refusing to accept Trump's death/defeat and taking to violence.  I think too many of them though have had too potent a validation and taste of politics so a large number of them are going to be a far larger problem than I used to think in 2020.  Spitball it and say half never vote again and half dig in even deeper.  

3.  The middle 25mm has now become the real political science preoccupation.  They are typical voters anyway, again before/after Trump.  They get out in swing states, actual competitive house races, they decide statewide races in many cases, etc.  They are about 50/50 male/female, they are mostly suburban with some exurb/urban peppered in.  They are about 50/50 college.  They will even mix their ticket and vote for a Democrat or two down-ballot.  But they are the head-scratchers.  They were already engaged politically.  Most of them don't attend rallies, donate money to Trump's worthless grifting causes, etc.  But to a person, they all made some sort of deal with themselves to pull the Trump lever (twice and probably a third time).  That's what intrigues me.  Their rationale is twisted as fuck, but it was a rationale---not a vote for a blind empty box at the top with "R" next to it and not a vote for blind hatred and vitriol.  Most of them won't or can't articulate it, but they're the ones to keep an eye on.  How do they "move on" or "dig in."???  I have no idea.  No surprise there.  But none of the other pollsters, statisticians, political scientists, historians, and journalists seem to have any fucking idea either and that's their fucking job.  Unlike the bottom 25mm, this group wasn't "waiting for a Trump" to sweep them off their feet.  They saw him, got to know him, and made some sort of tacit compromise to go along for the ride and ignore the evidence to the contrary, despite very likely being cognitively and morally capable of knowing better.  This group will mostly accept his death as legitimate, but a defeat or another candidate?  Their reaction to that may very well decide the fate of our Republic.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The bottom 25mm have been exhaustively studied and nobody still really knows them qualitatively.  They'll range from leaving politics again and never being an issue in America to refusing to accept Trump's death/defeat and taking to violence.  I think too many of them though have had too potent a validation and taste of politics so a large number of them are going to be a far larger problem than I used to think in 2020.  Spitball it and say half never vote again and half dig in even deeper.  

I would love to know better data on how many voted in 2020, who didn't vote in 2016 or had even voted (D) in previous elections.  I know quite a few from looking up voting info on family/friends who went MAGA after he won.

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would love to know better data on how many voted in 2020, who didn't vote in 2016 or had even voted (D) in previous elections.  I know quite a few from looking up voting info on family/friends who went MAGA after he won.

God that's gross.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Fair points above.  The off-ramp of this is gonna take awhile.  Even if you present them with "less shitty" alternatives in major elections (POTUS, Senate, Governor, et. al.)...they will gladly ignore the past/current ill & future demented goals.  Some have left the party entirely because they saw how toxic it was and Trump was merely the symptom (never mind how many fuckups he onboarded from the shadows).  But I'd say only seven digit voters (thankfully spread out across many current and future battleground states) have likely left the GOP.  Now they may still vote for some down ballot,  But most will veer back onto the highway once Trump is gone.  

It's like in "The Sopranos" when New York decides to whack the boss of New Jersey and "do business with whatever's left over."  The very first thing is Trump has to die.  Then you have to see how the rats scurry . But as we've exhausted:

1.  There are just 25mm who are going to vote straight ticket Republican in Presidential years no matter what.  Just make your peace with it.  Call 'em whatever you want, but at least they're consistent.  They did it long before Trump and they'll do it long after.  You can have Satan or Mother Teresa at the top, they're just pulling the lever and that's that.  

2.  The bottom 25mm have been exhaustively studied and nobody still really knows them qualitatively.  They'll range from leaving politics again and never being an issue in America to refusing to accept Trump's death/defeat and taking to violence.  I think too many of them though have had too potent a validation and taste of politics so a large number of them are going to be a far larger problem than I used to think in 2020.  Spitball it and say half never vote again and half dig in even deeper.  

3.  The middle 25mm has now become the real political science preoccupation.  They are typical voters anyway, again before/after Trump.  They get out in swing states, actual competitive house races, they decide statewide races in many cases, etc.  They are about 50/50 male/female, they are mostly suburban with some exurb/urban peppered in.  They are about 50/50 college.  They will even mix their ticket and vote for a Democrat or two down-ballot.  But they are the head-scratchers.  They were already engaged politically.  Most of them don't attend rallies, donate money to Trump's worthless grifting causes, etc.  But to a person, they all made some sort of deal with themselves to pull the Trump lever (twice and probably a third time).  That's what intrigues me.  Their rationale is twisted as fuck, but it was a rationale---not a vote for a blind empty box at the top with "R" next to it and not a vote for blind hatred and vitriol.  Most of them won't or can't articulate it, but they're the ones to keep an eye on.  How do they "move on" or "dig in."???  I have no idea.  No surprise there.  But none of the other pollsters, statisticians, political scientists, historians, and journalists seem to have any fucking idea either and that's their fucking job.  Unlike the bottom 25mm, this group wasn't "waiting for a Trump" to sweep them off their feet.  They saw him, got to know him, and made some sort of tacit compromise to go along for the ride and ignore the evidence to the contrary, despite very likely being cognitively and morally capable of knowing better.  This group will mostly accept his death as legitimate, but a defeat or another candidate?  Their reaction to that may very well decide the fate of our Republic.  

The middle 1/3 have more in common with the bottom 1/3 than we're all comfortable with.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Macanudo said:

The middle 1/3 have more in common with the bottom 1/3 than we're all comfortable with.

Agreed.  That's what I'm most curious about (in a morbid way).  How many of the bottom third seep away from politics for good once Trump is gone.  Not enough, but some.  And then how many of the middle third seep down there and replace them and join their camp?  The middle third that broke off to get away from Trump are already taken into account in 2020.  But who sticks around in that group and is even drawn to the further abyss to prove they were right all along/won't admit to being conned/to own the libs/et. al.  They're the ones that need to be taken into account but they are tough to track.  They are everywhere in terms of electoral college and hide in plain sight.  And as stated, they won't or even can't articulate their rationale.  They made some sort of internal compromise and won't be relieved of it, only dug in more going forward.  

I know, and can deal with, the straight ticket GOP'er.  I know the MAQA nutjob that think he's politicking 'n shit.  I know the middle group that is educated and simply chose Trump over Clinton/Biden in order to gain some sort of leverage.  But some of them will permeate and sink down to the lower tier and get angrier and more isolated.  But they are harder to see the intentions of, because like in Goodfellas, they come as your neighbors, they come as your coworkers, they come as your friends.  They are our next problem.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I don't understand the difference in @YGIFS's group 3 and group 1. Group 3 is just...Republicans, Trump or no Trump. Either they were already Republicans, or the modern conservative media ecosystem has convinced them in the last 10 years that Democrats and liberals are evil.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It still boggles my mind that somebody could vote for Obama and then vote for Trump later down the road. I don't know why I look at the voting records of any family members.

When I feel like wringing my hands, I think about Latinos of both sexes and Black men. I'm worried that those groups have seen something in Trumpism that they like. They tend to be more conservative on social issues than the average Democrat, sometimes significantly so. Trump has dropped a lot of the traditional "fuck anyone who isn't rich" GOP messaging on economics and replaced it with populism. Even if Trump's actual policies and actions were pretty much business as usual, messaging is important. Maybe this is who YGIFS is talking about in group 3?

Many latinos and blacks believe that the upper classes (thus dems) are trying to stop them (whites, latinos and blacks) in their social class) from advancing  Thus their willingness to vote trump.

The only word in the above sentence I will stand by is "believe".

Who are the latinos and blacks working with and befriending?  Whites who fall into demographics that vote for Trump.

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Dobbs and abortion peeled off a lot of Group 3.  Everyone in the media knows it but never talks about it for some reason.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 11:41 AM, BamaATL said:

He reminds me of my Grandmother (in just this respect, none other), who had an extremely rare form of rapid onset dementia, it starts very minor, barely noticeable, then it becomes a bit stranger (where I think he is now), and then all of sudden it's extremely clear, and that part is extremely rapid.  Think of something like him at a podium and all of sudden deciding it's time for bed and taking off his clothes.  That is where this is heading, and it's sooner than people think.  

You're absolutely correct . I've mentioned on this thread before that I worked at a mental health facility for 4 years,and witnessed this very decline in many patients.

He's got 6 to 12 months I think, but what do I know.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i would've assumed he took tests.  until he started telling everyone he took tests.  now i know there were no tests.

He took a cognitive test. Because someone was worried that he was mentally imbalanced. At best he barely passed. Okay, he was able to recognize drawings of elephants and giraffes (or whatever). Yes, he’s a blithering idiot, but can we act on this? No, okay, let’s just move on. So nothing happened. “Person, woman, man, camera, TV” weren’t the five words they asked him to remember. He made those up on the spot, looking at things in front of him, when he actually boasted about taking and passing a test that should at best be seen as qualifying him not to be put in a permanent care facility.

Yes, there was a test. The fact that they gave him that test should’ve been a closely guarded secret. It reveals that there were serious people within his administration who were concerned that he was mentally unfit to do the job. Just like those who had serious discussions about using the 25th amendment to remove him from office after Jan. 6. Acting on any of that over whom any clear-headed and rational person can see is a mentally deranged individual would be incredibly messy. So they did nothing and said, ‘Okay, you passed.’ Then the raging narcissist went and blabbed about it like he was a champion who scored a great victory. (While still blocking all of his college transcripts from being made public.)

Trump wouldn’t make that up. There was a test. He’s just wildly misrepresenting what it was and what it meant. And if any reporter today spotted him “Person, woman,” I’ll bet he couldn’t complete the five words with, “man, camera, TV.” Because he’s a moron and a fraud.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 11:41 AM, BamaATL said:

He reminds me of my Grandmother (in just this respect, none other), who had an extremely rare form of rapid onset dementia, it starts very minor, barely noticeable, then it becomes a bit stranger (where I think he is now), and then all of sudden it's extremely clear, and that part is extremely rapid.  Think of something like him at a podium and all of sudden deciding it's time for bed and taking off his clothes.  That is where this is heading, and it's sooner than people think.  

Nothing that good ever happens. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1