A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

This trend is new when looking at the last 8 years versus the previous 80. Massive amounts of Christian churches are dividing mostly over LGBQT focus

Hasn’t that been happening since the 80’s? Since the “Reagan revolution” and the AIDS crisis?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hasn’t that been happening since the 80’s? Since the “Reagan revolution” and the AIDS crisis?

Great call. They called AIDS God's punishment. I thought it would be a dark, delicious irony if AIDs got out of control and wiped out these pious, self-righteous fuckwads.

The Big G laughing at them as they march to Hell. "Shoulda looked after your brothers. I call the shots on what My punishment is, jackasses."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I figured it varies.  It usually doesn't vary around here, which is why it was so refreshing. 

There's not currently an emoji that captures the mixed reaction I have to this.  Pro-LGBTQ+ = good.  But I no more want politics in a church than I want a church in my politics.  It's like a damned Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial.

Is promoting tolerance and decency reallly even a political issue for a church if that is what they are founded on?

• Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is promoting tolerance and decency reallly even a political issue for a church if that is what they are founded on?

I realized that I misread his post, and edited my response (too late).  You've hit the nail right on the hammer: it's a matter of basic, human decency.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

That's true of so many things that have become the GOP platform. Basic facts, like evolution and vaccines, have no business being political issues, either. Verifiable truths, like the complete lack of election shenanigans (except for the free examples which almost all happen to be the GOP stuffing ballot boxes), should be reported as such, too.

But here we are, as we have always been...

Also, the coming climate catastrophe. It's a basic fucking fact. Now, what we do about it, I'll grant, is political in that it involves policies. Denying that the atmosphere is heating up at this point is just stupidly putting your head in the sand.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

Not at the scale that its currently happening. After the 2018 primary beatdown, where suburban soccer moms abandoned the GQP, they redoubled the efforts to create crises at local meetings (city, county, school board, PTAs, churches).
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://daringfireball.net/linked/2024/04/01/trump-media-plunges

The company’s 8-K filing is just bananas. They not only aren’t turning a profit, they don’t foresee ever making one. They don’t track any sort of metrics typical for a social media company — signups, monthly active users, average revenue per user — none of it. And they don’t plan to, either. To call it a scam gives scams a bad name.

I want to laugh, but: If Trump is elected again in November — which, based on the close results of 2016 and 2020, and the current polling data, is definitely possible — shaking down lobbyists and foreign governments with exorbitant rates for ads on Truth Social seems like a much better grift than running a hotel across the street from the White House. A corrupt president owning a social media site would be a grift that scales. If there’s any rational reason for Trump Media to have any value at all, it’s that. It’s worthless today, but could be a veritable goldmine in a second Trump administration.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

We should offer DJT a sweet Pablo Escobar prison deal.  He "surrenders" to authorities for a prison term, but he gets to design the prison with all the amenities he wants at the government's expense.  Provide him with an Aggy engineer to formalize his plans.

This will ensure that he dies when the prison inevitably collapses on top of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasEd said:

Did any of those guys have the courage to walk out of there after that?  No, that speaks to their character.

Was just about to post this same thing. I watched it 3x to closely watch the guys behind him. Not one of them even flinches.

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Did any of those guys have the courage to walk out of there after that?  No, that speaks to their character.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

He just says the things that he's heard other people say about him. He's a child. 

Here’s some examples of animals

legacy_elm_47892218.jpg?crop=3:2,smart&w

And

Ivana_Trump_cropped_retouched.jpg

and NSFW

Spoiler

9334fa162cc95257340955179e0d3ba6

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Repulicans have a candidate for POTUS who has liquor store dunking on his head....what a fucking world.  

They want the votes of the real people, not the liquor store elites 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3