Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

57 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah, I don’t care either. He’s still earning a lot and perhaps it made him a slightly better person.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I would. He’s a piece of shit. 

Sounds like his dad’s a piece of shit and the apple rolled back towards the tree trunk. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Sounds like his dad’s a piece of shit and the apple rolled back towards the tree trunk. 

Baker’s constant behavior is a reflection of his dad. Dude needed his ass beat as a kid, but maybe his dad was too busy skimming his lunch money and Christmas money. 

I have no doubt Mrs. Mayfield has swallowed plenty of semen in her day, but she probably should have licked up Baker, too. 

Edited by Tex Pete

Even though I still have PTSD from Baker's games vs Westlake, I feel bad for him in one regard.
Both VY and Baker are similar in that they both were screwed financially by relatives.

SIAP, but Baker is currently suing his father's company which has somehow lost (stole) $12 million of his money.
Baker's dad and his uncle are partners in two financial companies and can't explain what happened to the money. It's not suspicious at all. 
Vince got taken to the cleaners by his idiot uncle and some dodgy investors. As you know, VY somehow lost $27 million in guaranteed money. How is that even possible? It got so bad that creditors would wait for Vince to get on the Buffalo Bill's practice field and then try to speak to him about his debt. The Bills decided he was too much of a distraction and cut him.

When the nfl has rookie class they should be told don’t do biz with relatives. You will get fucked. Cowboys had to do an intervention for Tyron smith whose parents made him give them his game checks and they’d give him like $100 a week allowance.

Hate that Baker’s old man fucked him.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I thought that was the post Antoine Walker NBA.

I think the NBA is actually much better than the NFL in many cases these days - but there’s a LOT less players and it’s known as a players’ league.  But if your own Dad is gonna fuck you over, probably not a lot you can do.  

He’s lucky af he has another 100M or so coming.  Pretty much never works out like that.  

On 1/23/2024 at 7:19 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

I think the NBA is actually much better than the NFL in many cases these days - but there’s a LOT less players and it’s known as a players’ league.  But if your own Dad is gonna fuck you over, probably not a lot you can do.  

He’s lucky af he has another 100M or so coming.  Pretty much never works out like that.  

Mlb and now nba have guaranteed contracts. So you sign for x million, you get x million and can spend accordingly. 

nfl, you might sign for 80 million but get cut after getting 30 million of it. So you need to be more financially astute to not end up in trouble.  And these guys may be told to live on your guaranteed money, but those guys have been highly successful at every level and don’t always think in terms of their limitations or potential failure. 

On 1/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, Texzilla58 said:

When the nfl has rookie class they should be told don’t do biz with relatives. You will get fucked. Cowboys had to do an intervention for Tyron smith whose parents made him give them his game checks and they’d give him like $100 a week allowance.

Hate that Baker’s old man fucked him.

Seeing a parent do that is just an incredibly cold thing to do to your child. I think Baker is an okay guy. He did really dumb things in college, but that’s life and I think he has grown mentally and emotionally as a person. Hope he is able to stay in Tampa and continue his career resurrection.

5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Seeing a parent do that is just an incredibly cold thing to do to your child. I think Baker is an okay guy. He did really dumb things in college, but that’s life and I think he has grown mentally and emotionally as a person. Hope he is able to stay in Tampa and continue his career resurrection.

I don't wish ill will on him because I refuse to do that for anyone who is not involved directly in government. However he is  Sooner/Raider Rash so I also lack any form of empathy.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:31 PM, Helobious said:

I hate him as much as the next guy, but you can’t really argue that he’s not the best QB in the league right now. Playing out of his mind lately. 

/Helo/ You can’t really argue that Jasson Dominguez is the best OF in the league right now. /Helo/

/Torn ACL/ 

I’ve seen this movie before. If Helo is not a troll, he truly has single digit IQ. If he is a troll, it’s a GREAT long game going here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

/Helo/ You can’t really argue that Jasson Dominguez is the best OF in the league right now. /Helo/

/Torn ACL/ 

I’ve seen this movie before. If Helo is not a troll, he truly has single digit IQ. If he is a troll, it’s a GREAT long game going here. 

And yeah +1

On the flip side if he’s not at Lake Travis, there’s a good chance he never reaches the NFL so thanks to the parents for providing him that opportunity.
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Baker has not grown up. Hes still a fucking asshole. Buddies i know from LT says hes an uber douche asshole when he comes around. Which is saying alot if those guys think hes an asshhole as that group is all douches and star struck. Didnt he just recently do the horns down in that canes photo shoot with VY? Hes always trashes Texas anytime hes asked saying he hates us for not recruiting him. Like wtf? Act like you have some class. Hes a starting nfl quarterback worrying about a rival college? Grown ups dont act that way. But you know who does? Sooner trash, thats who.. AD, mayfield, mixon etc.. Just like the OU media machine always says, Im sure hes a good kid and just made a mistake. Rinse and repeat. So the fuck what if that douche bag asshole gets ripped off by his douche bag asshole dad? Im sure that young dad just made an accounting mistake. emoji23.png Who gives a fuck. Par for the course. Pretty normal shit for that type of people. That Lions player knows baker is a dick. Why you think he tossed him the int. ball?
Cool story bro/ TLDR

That’s 10/10.  Well done. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

/Torn ACL/ 

He tore his UCL, not ACL. Literally a freak injury as it’s only happened a handful of times to non-pitchers in the MLB. But go ahead and knock me for that I guess

6 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Baker has not grown up. Hes still a fucking asshole. Buddies i know from LT says hes an uber douche asshole when he comes around. Which is saying alot if those guys think hes an asshhole as that group is all douches and star struck. Didnt he just recently do the horns down in that canes photo shoot with VY? Hes always trashes Texas anytime hes asked saying he hates us for not recruiting him. Like wtf? Act like you have some class. Hes a starting nfl quarterback worrying about a rival college? Grown ups dont act that way. But you know who does? Sooner trash, thats who.. AD, mayfield, mixon etc.. Just like the OU media machine always says, Im sure hes a good kid and just made a mistake. Rinse and repeat. So the fuck what if that douche bag asshole gets ripped off by his douche bag asshole dad? Im sure that young dad just made an accounting mistake. emoji23.png Who gives a fuck. Par for the course. Pretty normal shit for that type of people. That Lions player knows baker is a dick. Why you think he tossed him the int. ball?
Cool story bro/ TLDR

Thread title checks out. 

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

He tore his UCL, not ACL. Literally a freak injury as it’s only happened a handful of times to non-pitchers in the MLB. But go ahead and knock me for that I guess

Helo as futureman’s alt/sock would explain a LOT of things.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:18 PM, Helobious said:

If you think the point of that anecdote was the particular type of season-ending injury he had…well played keeping us guessing on troll vs. dummy. 

IMG_8327.jpeg.3d9bc5608a66d6dcf215f9f5f611422e.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, futureman said:

maybe that will set the market for dak’s extension

Wishful thinking.  Dak gonna continue the mess that is the Dallas Cowboys.  I keep saying I don’t care then get sucked in.  Fuck you Jerry.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually like this contract. It makes sense for both sides. I dont understand why someone always has to "win" these. Id take Baker on this contract over Kirk Cousins and whatever he's gonna get paid. Hell, I'd take it over Dak due to the price tag.

Finally a mid QB that actually signs for the amount he is worth instead of asking to be paid more than Mahomes and Allen. Kinda refreshing really.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

$33.3m a year for Baker fuckin' Mayfield? smh

Just for comparison, Roger Staubach's highest salary was $160k in 1979.

Roger is worth $600 million today.  I think he did okay.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I guess I should have finished the thought. 

In 1971, the median HH income was about $16k, today it's $75k.  That's about 5x.

Roger was one of the best of his era, maybe ever, yet if same ratio were applied, he'd be making about $800k today.  

But in our bizzarro world, crappy ass Baker Mayfield is making $33m.  That blows my mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually like this contract. It makes sense for both sides. I dont understand why someone always has to "win" these. Id take Baker on this contract over Kirk Cousins and whatever he's gonna get paid. Hell, I'd take it over Dak due to the price tag.

Finally a mid QB that actually signs for the amount he is worth instead of asking to be paid more than Mahomes and Allen. Kinda refreshing really.

I like it too. Three years. If he does great he’ll make more. At this price that leaves $25-28 million for another top player or two instead of what Dak will make. He’ll get a reup for more in three.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

If he's really lucky, the scientists at A&M have made a breakthrough in their decades long quest to finding the answer to, "how fix stupid..."

21 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

In 1971, the median HH income was about $16k, today it's $75k.  That's about 5x.

Roger was one of the best of his era, maybe ever, yet if same ratio were applied, he'd be making about $800k today.  

But in our bizzarro world, crappy ass Baker Mayfield is making $33m.  That blows my mind.

Who cares how he compares to players who played five decades ago? He sits behind Jared Goff and in front of Geno Smith. That makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Constant said:

Who cares how he compares to players who played five decades ago? He sits behind Jared Goff and in front of Geno Smith. That makes sense.

I don't "care" so much as I find it fascinating how much we, as a society, value people who essential play kids' games.  And how much that value has increased in a relatively short period of time.

I guess I'm the only one, which is cool.

Edit:  I guess it hits home for me because I remember how proud my dad was that he earned as much as Roger back then without a college degree.  I can't see that happening now.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

Look at the change in value of the NFL franchises over that period. That’s your explanation.
  • Hook 'Em 1