Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, texifornia said:

It's LSU, you know there's some under the table deal where he gets 50% of the speeding ticket income in Avoyelles, Tangipahoa, and Pointe Coupee Parishes or something similar.

I would think real estate cost would be 50 percent less in LA as well. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's LSU, you know there's some under the table deal where he gets 50% of the speeding ticket income in Avoyelles, Tangipahoa, and Pointe Coupee Parishes or something like that.

Yeah will the Texas triangle alums need to step up...pote awtha and beauxmont surely have some speed traps that can contribute

I could see a situation where it's Arnett/Golding with Raymond in some Co-DC capacity.

Golding is only making 1.1 million at Alabama and Arnett 900k at Miss St. We could use the following pay structure:

Golding/Arnett 1.5 million/yr

Raymond 1 mill/year

For a 2.5 million DC budget

Edited by BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Their Cover 3 scheme is very basic and only works with an elite pass rush.  Even Saleh’s gotten chewed up in games where he has a lot of DL injuries. The Seahawks defense was horrible early this year but has come around more since they added Dunlap and their pass rush has improved. Probably wouldn’t be great for us since we’re losing our best pass rusher and don’t have someone to replace him. 

We do have a rising Collins to go with massive upperclassmen in Coburn and Sweat. I feel pretty good about our pass rush if we get someone like Prince Dorbah to make his way to the edge. 

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I could see a situation where it's Arnett/Golding with Raymond in some Co-DC capacity.

Golding is only making 1.1 million at Alabama and Arnett 900k at Miss St. We could use the following pay structure:

Golding/Arnett 1.5 million/yr

Raymond 1 mill/year

For a 2.5 million DC budget

Maybe I misunderstand here, but why would Arnett take a pay cut?

Edit: I thought you were saying Golding and Arnett are both coming, carry on.

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, Eggo said:

We do have a rising Collins to go with massive upperclassmen in Coburn and Sweat. I feel pretty good about our pass rush if we get someone like Prince Dorbah to make his way to the edge. 

Also, we worry about being a victim of the transfer portal. But with a glitzy new staff, I could also imagine us being a destination. 

7 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

further down:

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d223d17f5604488f3e47fa3edf8ec78d.jpg

spacer.png

Miss. State 995er Paul Jones claims a bit below that that Arnett hasn't been contacted by Texas and the rumor is agent driven. His source is our 995ers. Don't recall them saying that about Arnett but maybe they did.

Edited by Bevo14

If the urban rumors were correct and 10-12 mil a year plus assistants was the number it should look something like this 

Sark - 6

Flood - 1m (650k now)

DC - 1.5-2.5 depending on hire

Wiggins - 650k-850k (475k now) 

Gideon  - 650k-750k (405k now)

Milwee - 200-400k (35-40k now I’d guess)

Davis - 750k-1m (550k with Lions)

Drayton,BC - wouldn’t be involved since already on payroll 

If you really want Raymond make him the highest paid DB coach in the game by a bunch. Right now it’s 800k.  Give him a million.

Throw that fuckin paper around. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Put it on a grade scale.  I am putting Herms staff at D.

SS staff will be A? A-?

Grade of A bumps us 2 wins more than I predicted.  Without an A staff, I have us at 7-5.  With A staff, I have us at 9-3. Then, if SS keeps the staff humming in 22, I have us 10-2, in B12 CC game, and winning NY6 bowl.  Then repeat process in 23, go 11-1, in playoffs, and anything can happen.  

holy shit.  unless sark brings in santa and 8 tiny reindeer he should go 7-5 blindfolded with this schedule.  9-3 should be a min even if he kept all of Herman's staff.

• Hook 'Em 4

So, are you telling me muschamp would not entertain an offer that could have been 2.5? Because he got 13 to leave SC? But actual spending money is more like 7.  That 7 is not like 7 for a regular person.  That 7 will probably last about 3 years or less, I would guess. 

14 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Put it on a grade scale.  I am putting Herms staff at D.

SS staff will be A? A-?

Grade of A bumps us 2 wins more than I predicted.  Without an A staff, I have us at 7-5.  With A staff, I have us at 9-3. Then, if SS keeps the staff humming in 22, I have us 10-2, in B12 CC game, and winning NY6 bowl.  Then repeat process in 23, go 11-1, in playoffs, and anything can happen.  

We need to see the whole staff for an overall grade, but so far there is no dead weight which is a significant improvement over the last 10+ years. New S&C coaches are A+ just on principle. The Flood and Davis hires are easy A's. Drayton is a B based on his tenure so far. Gideon has potential, but it's not clear what his role is. For ST he's probably an A, but I don't know how he'll do with safeties and recruiting so we can give him a placeholder B. Milwee is probably a B. Probably a B+ at the halfway point.

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

So, are you telling me muschamp would not entertain an offer that could have been 2.5? Because he got 13 to leave SC? But actual spending money is more like 7.  That 7 is not like 7 for a regular person.  That 7 will probably last about 3 years or less, I would guess. 

evidently he has said he wants a year off, and who can blame him or any coach who wants to do it

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

Regarding the attempt at Raymond, Roach said that a person he trusts who knows Raymond called it an annual rumor that usually results in a raise. 

hes done it twice i think with A&M...folks have said this year is different because of the DC changes and the investigation

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

not even kidding, i would offer Larry Johnson $1.5m in a heartbeat

I once had to “try” and guard LJ in high school. Let me tell you he’s worth a lot more than $1.5M...oh wait, you’re not taking about Grand Ma Ma are you? 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Louisiana is a pretty bracing start, they're no pushover with Napier.

@ Arkansas - well pig isn't very good, but they'll be hyped up out of their minds, especially if they can get real crowds in the door next season.

We're going to kick Louisiana's ass worse than Katrina!

50+ to open the Sark era.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2