The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Imagine this was a black kid with a pair of Jordans. He'd be choking to death on his own blood by now, and the MAGots would be saying things like "I don't care about protests, but if you steal you get what you get!!" 

George Floyd was murdered in cold blood for spending a fake $20. It's beyond the pale what's happened today.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

That's how i feel.

I never wished I could take back my 2016 vote until today. Wrong or right, no politician in my adult lifetime has checked all the boxes for me.  Had to pick someone, right?  Furk...

Gotdam, all he has done is bring any and all of his enemies'  accusations of his treachery to fruition.  On a deeply serious note, it is scary AF how a reasonable person could support him any longer.  The extremists are gonna need to be handled a little more swiftly and directly than has been done in the past year or so.  That ain't limited to Trumpers and some folks on here won't like it, but I oppose that shit for the same reasons.  Don't be tearing up shit and don't be thinking you can waltz in somewhere and occupy other people's property, public or private.  

Take em down.  Stop the bullshit.

This was all known and forseeable in 2016. There are two types of people in this world. Dupers and dupees. You're a dupee. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So if Pence really did call in the National Guard, why is Trump still President. 25th his ass and let Pence do the job and avoid anymore of this bullshit. It's obvious Pence isn't in on the coup. So get rid of the cancer before it kills the entire body.

This makes me wonder if the 25th hasn't already been invoked.  Not saying it is likely, but there are some signs.

[mention=397]immamac[/mention] there's rumbles that lawmakers want to get back into the chambers and "finish what they started" - care to reopen the original thread if they do?

If “what they started” means certify the election vs uselessly complain, then that would be kinda awesome. I guess it depends on which lawmakers want back in.

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Might be why the cops didn’t fight... they were busy getting folks out.

I would like to think that...

Anyway yeah they better secure state houses all across the country.

I heard some rumor there were problems in Kansas and Georgia.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

That's how i feel.

I never wished I could take back my 2016 vote until today. Wrong or right, no politician in my adult lifetime has checked all the boxes for me.  Had to pick someone, right?  Furk...

Gotdam, all he has done is bring any and all of his enemies'  accusations of his treachery to fruition.  On a deeply serious note, it is scary AF how a reasonable person could support him any longer.  The extremists are gonna need to be handled a little more swiftly and directly than has been done in the past year or so.  That ain't limited to Trumpers and some folks on here won't like it, but I oppose that shit for the same reasons.  Don't be tearing up shit and don't be thinking you can waltz in somewhere and occupy other people's property, public or private.  

Take em down.  Stop the bullshit.

while I fully respect your views and your right to have them, and mean no disrespect- I gotta ask: you didn’t see this coming? Like, at all?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

If “what they started” means certify the election vs uselessly complain, then that would be kinda awesome. I guess it depends on which lawmakers want back in.

I can't imagine going back into the trashed chambers and issuing objections anew after what happened. Granted, I have a soul and a moral compass, so I'm not the best tea leaf reader for republicans

17 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Merrick Garland better be the busiest man in America in a few weeks once he is Attorney General so he can go after every last one of these politicians, Trump/and his family, the idiots storming the Capitol today and so on.  We can fill up the prisons with all of them and release the prisoners convicted of weed offenses to make room.  Win-Win.

True, and talk about someone with an axe to grind.

Just now, Doc Reeves said:

while I fully respect your views and your right to have them, and mean no disrespect- I gotta ask: you didn’t see this coming? Like, at all?

I have always been a huge opponent of Donald Trump but he surprised me these last few weeks. I did not expect him to pardon the Blackwater massacre guys, though I guess after that Navy Seal psycho I feel kind of stupid about that, and I did not expect him to encourage his followers to do this.

The "Orange Man Bad" crowd have been completely vindicated these last few weeks. I was wrong thinking he was merely a clownish buffoon who was completely unfit to be dog catcher, much less President. I gave him too much credit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keef said:

This makes me wonder if the 25th hasn't already been invoked.  Not saying it is likely, but there are some signs.

I think since Pence was presiding over the Senate proceedings in the capitol, he technically has the right to call in the National Guard, since the Capitol Grounds is not controlled by the executive branch, and the president does not have the authority. (Just spitballing, I don't know for sure).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Who brings full-size bath towels to a revolution?  You know they're home linens, not from a hotel because they're blue.  

Tac vest?  Check.  AR-15?  Check.  Bottled water?  Check.  Piano scarf and Kohl's towels your aunt got us off the wedding registry?  Check. 

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I hope they leave the shit trashed and force the republicans to sit in it and try to fucking protest more votes.  Let the world see what they have wrought.  

I was thinking that Dems should absolutely want to do it in a wrecked Capitol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1