Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Ford was the guy who screwed up. He should have gotten to the edge if he didn't hesitate and get caught up in that wash. 

It was Sorrell. He gave up contain, which is his #1 responsibility.  No idea why he jumped inside. Ford may may get to the ball carrier, if Sorrell does his job. After that I give the blame to Cook. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Ford was the guy who screwed up. He should have gotten to the edge if he didn't hesitate and get caught up in that wash. 

It’s not just one guy. Sorrell was the primary issue. He screwed up first by getting caught inside instead of holding the edge, Ford should have been able to cover for him but made a terrible play on the ball and then Jamison should’ve cleaned it up, but he overran it and just took himself out of the play. 

On 9/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, LTtxfan said:
PK coaching sighting -- Not sure which assistants are upstairs now??

Thx for finding this tweet @OB3 

Inside Texas"We saw some questions about Pete Kwiatkowski being on the sidelines rather than the booth. We’re not sure why that change was made, but Jeff Choate and Blake Gideon are in the booth while PK, Terry Joseph, and Bo Davis are on the sidelines. Whatever the reason, it seems to be working."

(Thx for this info @Hookem2147 ) 

Edited by LTtxfan

I absolutely do not understand how the same group of guys could fight tooth and nail with Bama then turn around and play like dog shit. I get struggling for a couple of series or the first quarter. But the whole damn game? The talent is obviously there so it must be the head/heart. Just more of the same soft bullshit.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Harris and his receivers are good. Adjustments were made. We won comfortably, going away, even with dumb ref calls. I hope that targeting gets reversed.

Yep. It was apparent we treated the 1st half like a scrimmage, and changed some things in the 2nd half. The officials kept UTSA in it longer in the 2nd half than they should have been.

The EDGEs seem to be incapable of not running past the QB, so it seems like maybe that is something they should address with the amount of running QBs in the Big 12.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep. It was apparent we treated the 1st half like a scrimmage, and changed some things in the 2nd half. The officials kept UTSA in it longer in the 2nd half than they should have been.

The bad PI call on Watts gave them 7, should have been 3. 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Traylor is tucking his dick between his legs and making PK suck it from the back. Fucking walk ons on o-line and they’re up 17-7. 

I mean this is absolute trite that I would expect from a dipshit whose team hasn’t made it to the World Series in over a decade:..

@Helobiousyou are an absolute cunt fuck, sir.  Butt sweat your cunt ass into oblivion…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Look, the secondary isn't good and it's not gonna be good until we get some different players.  But at least we can get pressure at times now.  And the halftime adjustments were solid.

This defense was ranked like 90th last year.  If it can just be 50th, with our offense, we can win a lot of games.  That's a significant improvement and if anyone was expecting us to be much better than that, I'm not sure why.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Last night felt a little bit like last year in the first half. We would play bend but not break and generally not give up a ton of points. And then the dam would break in the second half especially when the offense was going three and out all the time and fatigue would set in. Different story in the second half last night. 

There’s a lot to clean up but also a lot to build on. This is the perfect kind of game to have before going on the road and opening conference play. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, TankedBevo said:

That's great and everything, but QB pressures mean fuck all when said QB is really really good at running with the ball and throwing on the run. Gotta turn those into sacks at some point. 

People felt like our DL sucked against their patchwork OL. We got the pressure; Harris is just legit and slippery. He’s hard to sack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

That's great and everything, but QB pressures mean fuck all when said QB is really really good at running with the ball and throwing on the run. Gotta turn those into sacks at some point. 

Well a pressure did force a bad throw which lead to the pick 6 and basically ended the game. I agree they have to start converting those pressures into sacks, but getting pressure can cause havoc.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Concerning to see lack of pressure last night. On a strange side note, I doubt we see that level of QB play from most Big 12 opponents. He was outstanding.

We are still missing WAY too many tackles. Fucking amazes me this has been an issue for 10 years…

Texas had 32 pressures in the game, out of 44 passes + a handful of QB runs out of called pass plays.

I can understand the missed tackles considering our best defender got ejected for a form tackle.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TankedBevo said:

Ryan Watts needs to start breaking down and form tackling. I counted at least a couple he missed for big UTSA gains, not to mention what happened last week 

He had a rough night, but I also think he got screwed on the PI in the endzone. Was a textbook pass breakup.

Jamison surprisingly seems to be the best CB right now. Had several nice pass breakups.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

He had a rough night, but I also think he got screwed on the PI in the endzone. Was a textbook pass breakup.

Jamison surprisingly seems to be the best CB right now. Had several nice pass breakups.

I don’t trust either. Jamison got bailed out on a illegal shift penalty on what would have been a TD. He got burned on a double move.  I think there will be a game that someone gets Texas over the top a few times. Edge is still an issue and LB depth is scary 

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?