Russell Wilson Cut From the Broncos

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

A second or third? Depositions for the lawsuits start March 11th, so all the stories about his sexual assaults are going to be back in the news. He's toxic. I doubt he plays next year. I guess someone might roll the dice on him, but I can't imagine a team's going to give up a lot of draft capital on a guy that may never play again. And even if he settles the lawsuits and it all goes away (as much as is possible), the team that takes him on is going to take a fucking huge PR hit and will be perceived to not give a shit about women. And they'll be taking a chance on a guy that hasn't played in two years. 

But, of course, Texans fans gonna Texans fans....

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/08/broncos-trade-russell-wilson-baseline-deshaun-watson/

No dumbass. This does not "set the bar". Watson's bar is very much lower than Wilson's. 

Maybe they can trade him for Calvin Ridley...

its cute you think the NFL or fans give two shits about Watson's lawsuit. It's a civil lawsuit so hes not going to jail

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

2 1st 2 2nds for. 34 year old qb plus players. Yeah to me Seattle won this one. 

This is a good move for both teams. Broncos have a lot of pieces in place, and lots of picks so it's not like they have no way of infusing talent into the roster via the draft. A top-5 QB makes them legit Super Bowl contenders. Seahawks were old and dogshit and didn't have any playmakers. Wilson still has a lot of value, and they're not competing for a Super Bowl anytime soon. Plus Wilson wasn't gonna hang around a Seattle team that wasn't going to be competitive in the last few productive years of his career. So why not blow it up and get a fuck ton of draft capitol? Seems like both sides benefitted. That's why trades exist. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

its cute you think the NFL or fans give two shits about Watson's lawsuit. It's a civil lawsuit so hes not going to jail

I think people that aren't wishcasting Texans fans do have reservations about making an accused rapist the face of their franchise. As I said, someone will take a chance on him. But no one is giving up multiple first round picks for the dude, much less anything close to the package that was given up for Wilson. 

33 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's radioactive until all that is settled.  Once it's settled, I agree.  He'll be right back.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

I think people that aren't wishcasting Texans fans do have reservations about making an accused rapist the face of their franchise. As I said, someone will take a chance on him. But no one is giving up multiple first round picks for the dude, much less anything close to the package that was given up for Wilson. 

I will bet you $100 that Houston gets at least 2 first round picks for Watson…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Shawshank Redemption GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

About fucking time. Rolling out spares like Lock, Simien, Lynch, Keenum, Rypien, etc..  had completely sucked all the enjoyment out of being a Broncos fan. Even Flacco and Bridgewater were barely serviceable. I'm mildly encouraged for an upcoming season for the first time in awhile. The question becomes how deep into his 30's will Russ be effective? Hell, even 2-3 good years and the number of picks is a non-issue for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

I will bet you $100 that Houston gets at least 2 first round picks for Watson…

I think you're wrong, but not strongly enough to bet; and that's just because of the value of the picks, not your football opinion.

There's always some dumbass out there  who's willing to mortgage the franchise... I'd say 60-40 against the Texans getting that for Watson, IMHO.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I think you're wrong, but not strongly enough to bet; and that's just because of the value of the picks, not your football opinion.

There's always some dumbass out there  who's willing to mortgage the franchise... I'd say 60-40 against the Texans getting that for Watson, IMHO.

Most fans and GMs overvalue first round picks, given both the bust rate and mediocre rate of players that are often seen as can’t miss. Getting a top 5 QB for what might be considered two or three scratch off lottery tickets could be the analogy, or bird in the hand vs two (first round picks) in the bush. 

As someone said earlier mocking the Texans, they will probably convert whatever picks they get to one solid starter, one mediocre contributor, and one bust for Deshaun Watson, but there’s a good chance that’s what Miami, Philly, Washington, etc. would have done with those picks too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

33yo Russell Wilson is not worth that. His SB runs were because of Marshawn. Maybe Elway was drunk again.

A 9 time Pro Bowl QB that still has 5-7 years left isn't worth 2 1s and 2 2s plus a few throw in players?  In what world?  I think the Broncos got him cheap.

• Like 1

As has been said, it hinges on the civil cases being settled and no criminal charges, and the league making a ruling on any suspension. Until it goes down, it’s a tough sell. The day everything is known, the Texans will get numerous huge offers, and would not be surprised at an offer equaling what Washington offered Seattle.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

God damn, I know Euphoria is supposed to be telling us just how crazy young peoples lives have gotten but it instead shows me what huge sandy pussies they are.This crazy chick thinks she’s going to hurt the guy she’s in love with for rejecting her by telling his ex (her friend) that they were fucking before they broke up? Seriously? I can tell you from extensive personal experience that teenage girls will hate the other girl long before they turn on the guy who constantly cheats on them. Unless you’re fugly or a bitch.

Oh, and Roe bit of advice: if someone threatens you with “selling you to real bad people” she’s going to do that to you regardless if you pay her the money back. Or she’s weak. Either way, you gotta stop being a pussy and just kill that bitch. You're a drug addict, just do it and take a shiitload of drugs after. Or before. Whatever works.

…and Arron rodgers is a great QB and not a terrible person but he’s is a huge fucking douche and should be recognized as such.

Edited by Doc Reeves

5 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

33yo Russell Wilson is not worth that. His SB runs were because of Marshawn. Maybe Elway was drunk again.

Eh. Marshawn was good but not anything more than a top 10 or 12 back. He ran for 1257 and 1306 on 4.2 and 4.7 ypc respectively in their SB seasons and wasn't a pass catching threat. Wilson ran for 849 yards himself on 7.2 ypc in 2014 and threw for above 3k both years with a solid TD/INT ratio in both.

That team was mainly as good as they were because of the D - specifically the secondary. The fact that they had an above average O pushed them over the top. Marshawn was a nice piece, so was Wilson. A lot of QB/RB combos could have won with that squad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why are you on a forum and not a gm? One team wants to win now and one is building. It’s not that hard to see. Well, yea, it is I guess.

Is it difficult for you in day to day life dealing with folks who have opinions that vary or so you just surround yourself with yes men that see evrything the same as you?  Just curious. Gotta be tough 

I’ve seen at least a couple times folks saying he’s a top 5 qb.  He’s not a top 5 qb regardless of what the fan boys are screaming about. Top 10 yes.   Denver gave up their next 3 drafts for a down the back side of the hill qb.  If I’m wrong cool II won’t lose as much sleep as you guys are over it.   

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, Machinator said:

https://theathletic.com/2409212/2021/02/25/russell-wilson-trade-seahawks/

Hide contents

Pete Carroll has built Hall of Fame credentials on what he sees as simple truths about how the game is best played: Run the ball, avoid turnovers, explode in the passing game. “It is not because we just want to knock our head against a wall,” Carroll once explained. “It is because the game is played well when you don’t give the other team the football. The game is played well when you can convert and make first downs. The game is played well when you can explode on offense.”

13 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

33yo Russell Wilson is not worth that. His SB runs were because of Marshawn.

proxy.php?image=https%253A%252F%252Fmedi

heartbroken_seahawks.gif

lmao fuck pete caroll

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Is it difficult for you in day to day life dealing with folks who have opinions that vary or so you just surround yourself with yes men that see evrything the same as you?  Just curious. Gotta be tough 

I’ve seen at least a couple times folks saying he’s a top 5 qb.  He’s not a top 5 qb regardless of what the fan boys are screaming about. Top 10 yes.   Denver gave up their next 3 drafts for a down the back side of the hill qb.  If I’m wrong cool II won’t lose as much sleep as you guys are over it.   

2 drafts, not 3.  And they still have 3 picks in the top 100 this year primarily because of the Von trade where they got LA's 2 and 3 for this year.

Edited by Chewbacca

A 9 time Pro Bowl QB that still has 5-7 years left isn't worth 2 1s and 2 2s plus a few throw in players?  In what world?  I think the Broncos got him cheap.
I don't think he has 5-7 years of high quality play left. His last few years have shown that he can't carry a team alone. He was good but he wasn't THAT good This deal only made sense if Denver had a 1-2 year Super Bowl window.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I don't think he has 5-7 years of high quality play left. His last few years have shown that he can't carry a team alone. He was good but he wasn't THAT good This deal only made sense if Denver had a 1-2 year Super Bowl window.

They are contenders with him.  Not saying they win it all because the AFC West is so tough, but Russ makes the Broncos an instant contender.  And without him, they're a sub .500 team.  You can't win in this league without a really good QB.  Russ is a really good QB.  And he's said many times that he wants to play into his mid 40s like Brady.  If he stays healthy there's no reason he can't do that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Let's fucking ride...   right out da door.

He could fucking start in Dallas...

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Denver sent quarterback Drew Lock, defensive tackle Shelby Harrison, tight end Noah Fant, along with 2022 first-, second- and fifth-round picks and 2023 first- and second-round picks

Hershel Walker says hi

• immamac changed the title to Russell Wilson Cut From the Broncos