Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

13 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:
Orgeron will not be the coach at LSU this time next year. Why walk into that kind of uncertainty?

Ask Sterlin Gilbert about that, lol. I suppose they know at the end of the day they can easily get a job elsewhere, and LSU goes on the overall resume.

Gilbert was the Co-OC at Tulsa when we hired him. One year of Texas on the resume was still better than staying where he was. I’m sure he did the math on that beforehand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Gilbert was the Co-OC at Tulsa when we hired him. One year of Texas on the resume was still better than staying where he was. I’m sure he did the math on that beforehand. 

The three year guaranteed contract at 1 mil per year didn't hurt either. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

So true. How else would he have landed the gig at *checks internet* SYRACUSE if not for his year at Texas?

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

So true. How else would he have landed the gig at *checks internet* SYRACUSE if not for his year at Texas?

Being OC at Syracuse is better than being Co-OC at Tulsa.

He followed Strong to South Florida, got a head coaching job at Mcneese St, and is now an OC at a P5 school again. His career trajectory worked out fine.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Being OC at Syracuse is better than being Co-OC at Tulsa.

He followed Strong to South Florida, got a head coaching job at Mcneese St, and is now an OC at a P5 school again. His career trajectory worked out fine.

Not to get into the nuances of his career decisions (here I go), but it also helps Dino Babers comes from the same Baylor staff as Phillip Montgomery. I think the only benefit he got here was a stack of cash.

• Hook 'Em 1

By the way, that ENTIRE article is speculation by the fucking author. "He might have a great atmosphere for his official visit!" I've seen more rigorous journalism pop up in my facebook feed that cites a Reddit Theory as the main source of information. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

https://twitter.com/turnUplevee/status/1425990409235451904?s=20

This puts Bama back in the market for a Rb. Wonder if this puts Miller back up in the air. Can't imagine they would want Blue with all the drama attached. 

edit: Le'Veon Moss has opened up back up his recruitment. Looks like I failed to get the tweet itself in and only the link. Oh well

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

This puts Bama back in the market for a Rb. Wonder if this puts Miller back up in the air. Can't imagine they would want Blue with all the drama attached. 

edit: Le'Veon Moss has opened up back up his recruitment. Looks like I failed to get the tweet itself in and only the link. Oh well

2 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Aggy paid him alot of money

• Like 1

Perroni note on Harold Perkins:

-He still says he plans to wait until the Under Armour game to make a decision.

-He was raving about the pool party. He stayed all weekend and loved it in town. Says Bobby Taylor is one of the guys working on him real hard but that he also talked to Walter Nolen a lot. And he says he and Omari Abor plan to play together. Who knows if that will actually happen but A&M is moving up some for Abor.

-He says he is 100% playing in the SEC. Says he had told coaches in the past that he saw himself as an SEC player, not a Big 12 player. Texas is still under consideration but they would have to show by signing day that they will be playing in the SEC next year.

He has and official to Florida still set up and has one to Oregon late in the season but that one may not end up happening. He mentioned a couple other schools as possibilities that I need to go back and check the audio.

Humidor

Recruiting Matters

On300 five-star Harold Perkins (Cy Park) played the first series on offense and defense in the Cy Park's scrimmage against Tomball last night. Perkins looks terrific physically, carrying close to 215 very well proportioned pounds. Following the scrimmage, On3 caught up with Perkins to get the latest on his recruitment.

What would the chances of Perkins playing for someone other than the SEC be?

"It's zero," Said Perkins.

That means Texas has to get to the SEC in 2022 to have a shot, and Perkins will have to know that well ahead of the first week in January when he plans to announce his decision.

"I loved my visit to Texas. Loved everything about it. But I told the coaches that I didn't want to play in the Big 12. Other than Oklahoma, you don't play anyone in the Big 12,” said the five-star.

And that is where the opinion is for many of the top football prospects in the state of Texas. Whether people agree with it or not, all that matters is the mindset of top prospects.

That means Texas A&M, LSU, Florida and Alabama currently have the best chance to land Perkins. Texas becomes a real threat if the move in 2022 is announced during the season.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:35 PM, Tex Pete said:

You’re all the same. “tee yew bad. Terxus M&M gud. Whoop! Sssssssss“

Lol.  We all like our own teams.  And most enjoy talking some shit about others.  Just trying to give you my thoughts on Banks and Joseph.  I have similar feelings about Dameyune Craig now.  Can't close on big targets.

14 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol.  We all like our own teams.  And most enjoy talking some shit about others.  Just trying to give you my thoughts on Banks and Joseph.  I have similar feelings about Dameyune Craig now.  Can't close on big targets.

The same sort of demented hazing of the few Ags that post here, who have shown to be independent-minded... it just gets old after a while. I stopped posting here because of the same stupid comebacks by these people. Give some fresh conversation, I'm here. Otherwise I'm mostly happy to read the put downs among themselves and the (off late) rarer updates on A&M recruiting... (Satya and some others used to be really good with bringing the free stuff from the 9.95ers but haven't been as active recently).

• Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting