Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Context doesn't matter, but fine: "Hey Everyone, Fonger here. Today is opposite day and Texas leads for Skinner!" 

Happy?

IDK context did matter here because Wiltfong verbally saying he hates his FSU crystal ball followed by Texas is trending with Miami in the mix is quite the impressive context.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IDK context did matter here because Wiltfong verbally saying he hates his FSU crystal ball followed by Texas is trending with Miami in the mix is quite the impressive context.

I was being a smartass. This is great news. Our staff is pushing on elite national prospects.

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I may or may not have (but definitely did) tell the TEs directly to let Skinner know about the program yesterday…Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

Seeing as we’re basically doing his job for him, can we get Banks and pole assassin to join the site too? Maybe even get the monkey to make an appearance at a Surly tailgate?

A photo of @immamac eating a McRib with a monkey on his shoulder and his arm around pole assassin might break the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Seeing as we’re basically doing his job for him, can we get Banks and pole assassin to join the site too? Maybe even get the monkey to make an appearance at a Surly tailgate?

A photo of @immamac eating a McRib with a monkey on his shoulder and his arm around pole assassin might break the internet. 

I said in the NIL thread that we need immamac to deliver their first stack in McRib boxes.  But if we could get the monkey involved that would be next level.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:06 AM, Lonestar88 said:

At some point we’re going to have to stop pissing ourselves every time the possibility of a handler pops up.

Once a man resorts to wearing diapers and pissing himself again, he becomes quite comfortable with it.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

Spoiler

As you know, Bo Davis and company have been in hot pursuit of 2022 4-star DL Justice Finkley (Trussville, AL). Finkley took an official visit to Texas this past summer and since that time has narrowed his list to a top three which includes Alabama, Texas and Colorado.

Alabama is obviously his in-state program and I’m told that Colorado’s inclusion is due to Finkley having family ties in Colorado.

The word I’m hearing from sources down in Alabama is that Finkley is eying a possible commitment sometime in the next couple of weeks. I’m told that if he does make the commitment, it will likely be to Texas.

As such, I am marking Finkley down as trending to Texas.

However, let me offer a bit of caution here. While I am told Alabama likes Finkley, keep in mind Finkley is a bit undersized (albeit very athletic) for an Alabama DE and it may very well be that though Alabama is recruiting Finkley, it’s possible guys like Abor have the first shot.

Bo Davis has done a masterful job and his efforts are coming to fruition. From the beginning, Bo knew that Finkley would be a tough pull away from Alabama but as I was told, he banked on the fact that Alabama may not be able to go all in the way he was willing to.

My guess is that while Alabama really likes Finkley, if Finkley senses even the slightest hesitation from Bama and given how much he likes Texas and sees Texas filling up fast, that might explain his impetus for considering a commitment sooner rather than later.

SIAP…

• Hook 'Em 9

7 minutes ago, Okcool said:
  Hide contents

As you know, Bo Davis and company have been in hot pursuit of 2022 4-star DL Justice Finkley (Trussville, AL). Finkley took an official visit to Texas this past summer and since that time has narrowed his list to a top three which includes Alabama, Texas and Colorado.

Alabama is obviously his in-state program and I’m told that Colorado’s inclusion is due to Finkley having family ties in Colorado.

The word I’m hearing from sources down in Alabama is that Finkley is eying a possible commitment sometime in the next couple of weeks. I’m told that if he does make the commitment, it will likely be to Texas.

However, let me offer a bit of caution here. While I am told Alabama likes Finkley, keep in mind Finkley is a bit undersized (albeit very athletic) for an Alabama DE and it may very well be that though Alabama is recruiting Finkley, it’s possible guys like Abor have the first shot.

Bo Davis has done a masterful job and his efforts are coming to fruition. From the beginning, Bo knew that Finkley would be a tough pull away from Alabama but as I was told, he banked on the fact that Alabama may not be able to go all in the way he was willing to.

My guess is that while Alabama really likes Finkley, if Finkley senses even the slightest hesitation from Bama and given how much he likes Texas and sees Texas filling up fast, that might explain his impetus for considering a commitment sooner rather than later.

SIAP…

Landing Finkley would be awesome, and you’d have to feel good about our odds of holding on to at least 1 of him and Tapp. If we hold on to both plus Bryant, and Bledsoe doesn’t have any clearinghouse issues, this will be one of the deepest, best DL classes we’ve landed in a long, long time. 

Based on On3 rankings it would include guys ranked 55, 69, 152, 157, 190, 193 in the country. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Okcool said:
  Hide contents

SIAP…

who wrote this?

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Landing Finkley would be awesome, and you’d have to feel good about our odds of holding on to at least 1 of him and Tapp. If we hold on to both plus Bryant, and Bledsoe doesn’t have any clearinghouse issues, this will be one of the deepest, best DL classes we’ve landed in a long, long time. 

Based on On3 rankings it would include guys ranked 55, 69, 152, 157, 190, 193 in the country. 

weather reporter fail GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Okcool said:
  Reveal hidden contents

SIAP…

Who wrote that

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting