Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Edit: Meant to quote @Newy25

They’re absolutely going to take Agbo and to not do so would be foolish.

The OL room is such a mess that you can’t say no to good prospects, you add them and work it out in practice. If there are a couple transfers over the next few years then so be it. It helps in that regard that these guys are on pretty varied developmental tracks. Banks is favored to start year 1 and could only be here 3 years. Campbell is not a lock according to recent developments but if he is in, he’s another guy that could play his first year and is probably here no more than four years if things work out. Agbo and Cam Williams absolutely need redshirts. Robertson, Hutson, and Neto all have degree of position versatility, especially Neto. You’re not necessarily taking 7 guys competing for 5 spots over the same exact time period. There’s some wiggle room given the state of the unit, which is why you go big.

Bobby mentioned Agbo has a spot.

They will take 7 because 2023 isn't so hot on the OL recruiting in state. 1-2 of these guys could start next year 2-3 will redshirt, 1 or so will contribute. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Frisco is basically DFW, right? 

Yes, it is just north of Plano. Lived there in mid to late 90's and my kid played little league when we did not even have a grocery store but the place was growing. During practice coaches would yell that effort is not going to beat Plano when you're in High School. Seeing these high rated players out of Frisco always brings back those memories. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Skeptics of Flood looked at his work at Bama and said “of course they’re dominant, look at the talent they brought in.”

Well, on paper, this OL class is just as strong as the ones he was coaching over there. ELITE shit.

In 2020 Alabama replaced three starting offensive linemen and had one of the best offenses in college football history behind and offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award for best offensive line unit.

In 2021 Alabama replaced three starting offensive linemen and their offensive line was massively up and down all year.

2020 Alabama OL: 14th in average line yards, 7th in sack rate

2021 Alabama OL: 46th in average line yards, 67th in sack rate

(average line yards is a metric that gives the OL credit for rush yards between 0-3 yards and 50 percent credit for 4-8 yard runs)

I don't know how the talent they replaced compares to the talent that played this year, but it's fucking Alabama so I'm guessing it's pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In 2020 Alabama replaced three starting offensive linemen and had one of the best offenses in college football history behind and offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award for best offensive line unit.
In 2021 Alabama replaced three starting offensive linemen and their offensive line was massively up and down all year.
2020 Alabama OL: 14th in average line yards, 7th in sack rate
2021 Alabama OL: 46th in average line yards, 67th in sack rate
(average line yards is a metric that gives the OL credit for rush yards between 0-3 yards and 50 percent credit for 4-8 yard runs)
I don't know how the talent they replaced compares to the talent that played this year, but it's fucking Alabama so I'm guessing it's pretty good. 

Bill O’Brien
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Well, it’s obvious several posters have wandered over from the football board. Welcome, and maybe read and catch up? Then, and only then will you be able to understand the inside jokes and sarcasm. Come on people, be better!

Sure that’s what it is 😁

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

mind sharing a link to these stats? not questioning you but want to add it to my bookmarks (seriously) now that SP+ underlying metrics are gone

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting