Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I assume they do what drug dealers, gamblers and bookies do every day and wash it in some form, or spend it in small amounts, or just be general idiots and blow through it all and not give a fuck and remain ignorant to the premise that the IRS could theoretically give a shit. I don't know though. Maybe someone here has actually done something like that or know someone that has and they'll be dumb enough to spell out the details here for all to see.

8EA89FB8-9CBF-4B78-BEB7-6A6527838E16.jpeg.90e57427d7db916ba3eaf447accb1aab.jpeg

Jimmy, it’s in my mother’s name!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Also, it was a spectacular intro to 3D. The 3D technology was unlike anything anybody had ever seen before, and they charged almost double the normal ticket price to watch it in 3D. People flocked to just see the 3D effects, with little regard for the actual film itself.

100% People went to see that movie because the technology was groundbreaking at the time and it was a fun experience at an IMAX or wherever. No one cared about the plot, which was basic as hell, it was all just pretty visuals.

I can’t imagine the sequels will be nearly as successful without another technological breakthrough.

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I think my favorite is either:

“Where’d get the pistol?”

“At the gettin’ place.”

Or

“What do we circulate? Looking for a man who has recently drunk milk?”

That exact line is also in All the Pretty Horses which is also a damn good movie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I love HOHW. Chris Pine’s speech to Jeff Bridges at the end of the movie is one of my favorite cinematic moments. I’ve shown that scene to my brothers and sister and all of us think it is about as accurate a summary of what being poor is like as anything ever put on paper or celluloid. 

Quigley wants to know how you would know what that is like.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr.Dre said:

Hell or High Water -under appreciated gem

When they ask the old man if he’s packing.

“You damn right I got a gun on me. Y’all gonna steal that too?” Just fantastic cinema.

Might be my favorite western 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yikes 

18 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

That would be Tombstone.

Y’all are right that was an exaggeration, I got too overeager to talk about something that wasn’t Harry Potter. Thinking back it’s probably not even my favorite recent western (No country for old men beats it) still probably in my top 5 personally. Tombstone is definitely in there, might be #1. Id probably round out the top 5 with Unforgiven and the good the bad and the ugly. Does Django count as a western? Cause I’d probably have to make room for that. If we are talking about underrated westerns I’d like to throw out Bone Tomahawk

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Y’all are right that was an exaggeration, I got too overeager to talk about something that wasn’t Harry Potter. Thinking back it’s probably not even my favorite recent western (No country for old men beats it) still probably in my top 5 personally. Tombstone is definitely in there, might be #1. Id probably round out the top 5 with Unforgiven and the good the bad and the ugly. Does Django count as a western? Cause I’d probably have to make room for that. If we are talking about underrated westerns I’d like to throw out Bone Tomahawk

Bone Tomahawk is incredible. A top 10 contender. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MoJames said:

What is your favorite line from No Country For Old Men? I don't really consider "Friendo" a line.

A man would have to put his soul at hazard.

-It's a mess, ain't it sherrif?

-If it ain't, it will do til the mess gets here.

It's the dismal tide.  It is not the one thing.

Most of the best lines of the movie are lifted straight from McCarthy 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I hate it because it was a terrible movie made by a terrible piece of shit hypocrite.  Cameron wins the Best Director award, gives a speech shaming everyone about climate change, and then closes it with something like "now let's go get fucking trashed" or some shit. I think I remember that right.

He's the same as every other hypocrite in Hollywood telling us how bad we should feel about shit while doing the opposite and not living up to a helpful standard. Just fucking own it, or be consistent and don't condescend. And write better scripts and get better acting out of your staff. Go back to doing shit like The Terminator or True Lies and get a sense of humor or something. He used to do amazing movies.

I let my kids watch Avatar a few months and it is laugh out loud bad in a re-watch. 

I literally laughed out loud in the theater when I heard they were mining unobtanium. It didn't get much better from there.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Tombstone and HoHW are fine westerns but they’re not even close to the best.  Hell, they may not even be top 10.  And, Unforgiven is dogshit.

Well let’s see your list, I love new recommendations

34 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bone Tomahawk is incredible. A top 10 contender. 

I watched this one night without any idea what I was getting into. I appreciated it, but it was disturbing. I’d recommend the movie without including it in my top 10 westerns. 

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

A man would have to put his soul at hazard.

-It's a mess, ain't it sherrif?

-If it ain't, it will do til the mess gets here.

It's the dismal tide.  It is not the one thing.

Most of the best lines of the movie are lifted straight from McCarthy 

Agreed. I read this and a few other McCarthy books and Cold Mountain, which wasn’t his but might as well have been. They’re well done and interesting, but too fucking pessimistic and affected. I moved on after reading The Road. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting