2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Because their slogan is not “We’re PRIMED” I give their social media department an F-

Everytime they score a field goal or touchdown (and point after), they're scoring a #PrimeFactor of 21. It was meant to be

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Goodman said:

They hate that everyone asks them "where is that?" and they always have to reference Dallas.

A high school friend, who grew up just inside the northern Dallas city limits (around Preston Rd. & Arapaho Rd) went to Boston College.

At a party over Thanksgiving that first year, how she’s liking BC came up and one of the first things she said was:

”I never know that ‘WHERE ARE YOU FROM?’ was a two-part question.”

😁

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, cafe society said:

I believe it was reported that per spring recorded times, Whittington was the second fastest player on the roster.  

Hey Texas players, please don't get hurt this off-season trying to be "the fastest" 🙄

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

WtF is that?

I think that may be Welch Hall in Bevo’s post. I am old, was in school in the early 80’s, and it seemed to be all new inside (I had a giant chemistry class, several hundred seats in the auditorium and it was fresh), but I just saw it claimed on the web it’s been on campus since 1930? I may be reading it wrong, but if it was built back then, was there a massive renovation in the 70’s? 

Nevermind, Wiki tells the tale. I must have spent my time in the 1974 addition.

The original building was designed by Herbert M. Greene - Laroche & Dahl Architects from Dallas, Texas in 1929. September 20, 1929 is the date noted on the original plans. Two more wings were added to this building in 1959 and 1974. The 1959 wing was designed by Preston M. Geren (architect and engineer) of Fort Worth, Texas. Page Southerland Page of Austin, Texas were the consulting architects and engineers. Wyatt C. Hedrick Architects and Engineers Inc. of Houston Texas designed the 1974 wing. In this year, the Chemistry Building was christened Welch Hall after Robert A. Welch, whose foundation supported basic chemical research in Texas.[3]

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Years ago, my freshman year, I was very drunk and disoriented as I made my way home to Jester. I was so intoxicated that I couldn't figure out how to get inside. It was very cold out. I wondered if I would die. I looked up at this very view distraught and hopeless. I blinked my eyes and woke up in my dorm room the next afternoon. The moral of the story is this...Texas should have signed the WKU OT who transferred to Tech.

This might be your best post ever

• Haha 1

Hudson Standish, dishing the Kool-Aid on Agiye Hall.

Spoiler

— Summer workouts are underway in Austin ahead of Fall camp starting and the Horns received a jolt of energy with a healthy group of new additions to the squad that arrived at the end of May. I asked a source if there was one new arrival that stood out amongst the rest with the understanding caveat that it's still very early.

Agiye Hall was the easy answer and the 6-foot-3 freak athlete with an 81.5 inch wingpan, 36-inch arms, 37-inch vertical, 4.29 laser shuttle, and 4.51 laser 40-yard dash is looking like the freak that his high school testing indicated that he would be. The source went on to mention that while some receivers feast in no pads pass skeleton / 7v7 due to the lack of contact and eventually ramp down during camp he expected the opposite to happen with Hall once the team shifts to padded practices this fall.

Obviously with Hall, we'll be monitoring his consistency throughout the leadup to the season starting but the early signs are as encouraging as you'd expect from a receiver built like a Julio Jones regen that got on the field during his true freshman year at Alabama. Mike and I will continue hitting up sources for team info coming out of summer workouts as we're 88 days from kickoff vs. ULM.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cafe society said:

I believe those were married student housing at one time.  I lived off Exposition Blvd. for a while and that was the MS 
Shuttle route.

They were indeed married student housing at one time.  First hand experience here.  Lake Austin Shuttle route for us.

Are we done with taking from the portal for now?  I would assume that we are going to go with who we have since we have started limited supervision workouts.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Hudson Standish, dishing the Kool-Aid on Agiye Hall.

Reveal hidden contents

— Summer workouts are underway in Austin ahead of Fall camp starting and the Horns received a jolt of energy with a healthy group of new additions to the squad that arrived at the end of May. I asked a source if there was one new arrival that stood out amongst the rest with the understanding caveat that it's still very early.

Agiye Hall was the easy answer and the 6-foot-3 freak athlete with an 81.5 inch wingpan, 36-inch arms, 37-inch vertical, 4.29 laser shuttle, and 4.51 laser 40-yard dash is looking like the freak that his high school testing indicated that he would be. The source went on to mention that while some receivers feast in no pads pass skeleton / 7v7 due to the lack of contact and eventually ramp down during camp he expected the opposite to happen with Hall once the team shifts to padded practices this fall.

Obviously with Hall, we'll be monitoring his consistency throughout the leadup to the season starting but the early signs are as encouraging as you'd expect from a receiver built like a Julio Jones regen that got on the field during his true freshman year at Alabama. Mike and I will continue hitting up sources for team info coming out of summer workouts as we're 88 days from kickoff vs. ULM.

image.png.4a8fa264c353de3709c70932879bdb6c.png

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

They were indeed married student housing at one time.  First hand experience here.  Lake Austin Shuttle route for us.

Are we done with taking from the portal for now?  I would assume that we are going to go with who we have since we have started limited supervision workouts.

This is the '22 transfer thread, and unless we take someone already in the portal (not likely), or a grad transfer yet to enter the portal that enrolls before the start of school (not likely), we've closed up shop on '22 transfers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is the '22 transfer thread, and unless we take someone already in the portal (not likely), or a grad transfer yet to enter the portal that enrolls before the start of school (not likely), we've closed up shop on '22 transfers (other than Waddle).

• Hook 'Em 2