2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

Just now, Noozak said:

Does all of this new NIL stuff change the way the coaches interact with the players at all? There is no way Sark avoided the NIL conversation with ewers. Will flood be more open to talking about it with recruits than Banks has been? 

I am interested to know as well. Probably just short of bringing the Whataburger bags of cash with them to the in homes.

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

dumb question but for guys like the OL mentioned above, why transfer now versus going pro? (assuming they have been out of HS for 3 years)

I don't know anything specific about the two guys above, but they go to Virginia, so they're real student-athletes. They may care about getting a good education and not jumping to the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 5

dumb question but for guys like the OL mentioned above, why transfer now versus going pro? (assuming they have been out of HS for 3 years)

Might not have a great draft grade or want a free masters. Might just like playing college ball. Maybe all of the above.
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Chance for more exposure, better draft grade, cool town, more top notch education, plus 150k+ not bad at all. Minds are blowing all over the place.

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't know anything specific about the two guys above, but they go to Virginia, so they're real student-athletes. They may care about getting a good education and not jumping to the NFL.

A friend from grad school had been an offensive lineman at UVA in undergrad and he definitely played school.  He's likely to be nominated as a judge shortly.  When I was there, UVA was not sure whether it wanted to be good at football or not.  They want to be good at football at least to the extent that it does not interfere with Thomas Jefferson's vision, about a dozen secret societies, or wearing ties.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

A friend from grad school had been an offensive lineman at UVA in undergrad and he definitely played school.  He's likely to be nominated as a judge shortly.  When I was there, UVA was not sure whether it wanted to be good at football or not.  They want to be good at football at least to the extent that it does not interfere with Thomas Jefferson's vision, about a dozen secret societies, or wearing ties.

They got a new AD there. Bronco wasn’t her hire she gave him a few years. She’s all about winning. And knows it starts with football. 

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

If we have more than 7 transfer out, we will be below 85 next year, correct? Current rules only allow to sign up to 7 transfers unless I’m missing something.

Not this year, you can take as many transfer as you have transfers going out or something like that

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)