Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I wouldn't count on Weigman finishing either of the next two seasons with his injury/concussion history and playing behind that OL.

Agreed. I was just giving them the benefit, as he looks like he can sling it.   Of course that doesn’t matter when a Mississippi or Auburn DL is in your face every snap.  

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think it’s probably already too late for aggy to fix their OL before 2024. Jimbo has proven to be completely incompetent in the portal, and even if they sign a top 3 2024 class they’ll all be freshmen. 

They won't fix their 2024 class, recruiting lags, people make up their minds months before early signing day, even if they don't know it, and the general attitude regarding that program is pure dread. NIL is literally the only thing that can save them but it would require a new loophole they uncovered (say give a percentage of the university endowment lol). All other programs currently are also paying top dollar.

A great season won't really move the needle for 2024.

Bold posturing for a 5-7 SEC doormat that hemorrhaged 26 players as soon as the lights at Kyle went out.

I also love how Aggies get to describe the "modern era" which no other team or fan anywhere else recognizes. And of course:

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Oooh, vintage old army. That is the uncut stuff right there. 

Indeed.  Cherry picking, defining what constitutes the "modern era," "we were sacrificing for our country while they rode the gravy train," "we would have mauled them the last 12 years..."
These are the fat clowns that wanted to lynch Mond.  Their bloodlines remain strong in BCS.

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FyrkdidXgAAdcKP?format=jpg&name=mediumFyrkeNvWAAoOoxO?format=jpg&name=mediumFyrkeXiWAAA15sG?format=jpg&name=medium

Why do they continue to benchmark these win totals to completely arbitrary years as if anything before it was irrelevant? If so, then they need to take those fake championships off the wall along with their 1938 title since it was before this date. Guess what happened the two years prior? Oh yeah, we won national titles. 

let’s see what happens when we subtract 1970 from their history and also account for the truth after 1970.

IMG_3835.jpeg

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 6

These rubes completely fail to realize a fundamental difference for Texas heading into the SEC versus their own experiences. Texas has had a target on its back as a jihad game for every game it has ever played in the Big 12 outside of maybe Missouri, CU, and the Kansas schools. That was never the case for ATM. Hell, KSU was so unmoved by ATM's existence that they failed to even try to play their level of ball in the lone Big 12 title for ATM. 

Now, we're going into a conference where there are some other blue bloods and it will be a gauntlet. That considered, this will be the first time in any conference for UT that damned near every game will not be a jihad game.

Auburn isn't going to be abnormally amped to play Texas. Not Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Miss State, Missouri, Florida, Bama, or Georgia. Obviously, Arkansas, OU and ATM see us as their main rivals and the energy will be heightened. We probably get there with LSU if we play often enough, I guess. But that's it. We get to play a bunch of teams now that don't want to destroy us in fundamental ways and have their own legitimate rivals that they can get worked up over and plan for through the calendar year. The league is too competitive for that to be the case also for Texas with most of these other teams.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

The first time Texas plays at each school, I’m expecting every road crowd to be like 2021 Arkansas. I swear I’ve even seen Vandy get a decent environment once or twice over the years, wouldn’t be surprised if they get up for this one (not sure the team will). If we come in and win big then the hatred will grow, but if we fuck it up it’ll be just like the last decade of the Big 12 except maginified 10x by the SEC lens. Time for Sark to get in his bag.

They are somewhat right. Our team is loaded for this season. WR/TE/QB should be elite. OL returns everyone that played an important down last year and the depth is probably at its best and highest since 2005. The RB room is full of talent, just need more game reps, but considering the WR/TE/QB/OL rooms running the ball shouldn't be a difficult proposition. Now 2024, that is interesting considering the potential losses at QB/WR/TE. Jones will be gone at RT, and we will probably be experiencing some portal attrition, but the 2024 Texas OL will be fucking loaded for the SEC and the running game, especially with Chryst adding some wrinkles will be top notch. We will have to dip into the portal for at least 1 WR and a TE, to fill out the rooms with high end talent as I expect we are going to be losing Whittington, Worthy, Mitchell, Sanders, and Neyor.

It's amazing watching them fight so hard to continue to believe some conspiracy against them. Despite the fact that consistent proof that no one else gives enough of a shit about them to care one way or the other. The need for persecution is a necessity, I suppose, for such a deeply insecure fanbase. "Sankey is going to fuck us at every opportunity." 

:::Gives aTm first home game, gives aTm the easiest schedule::

"THEY FUCKING GET GEORGIA AT HOME BEFORE WE DO, AND YOU KNOW WHAT OU GOT A HARDER SCHEDULE OF COURSE!"

It would be hilarious if it weren't so frightening and terrifying. 

• Hook 'Em 6

So, after 2024, Texas will have played Georgia the same number of times as aggy?  Cool.   

Correction: Ok half as many times as aggy.  Guess they get a home visit against UGA per Sydney's post above.  

Edited by Mdhorn

7 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

So, after 2024, Texas will have played Georgia the same number of times as aggy?  Cool.   

Correction: Ok half as many times as aggy.  Guess they get a home visit against UGA per Sydney's post above.  

We get GA at home in 2024.

A&M has only played GA once since they joined the SEC, and it was at GA. That is what they are always whining about 

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the cognitive dissonance of that place.

SEC SEC SEC!!

They can't handle the week-in-week-out challenge of an SEC schedule.

It's a grind

It's a gauntlet

It's muderer's row

:Schedule Release:

Texas got an easy schedule, durrrrrrrrr, durrrrrrrrrr

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Those posters are such spineless, craven cowards. Just born pussies. They get to host Texas again, they avoid Georgia and Alabama, and yet, the SEC conspired to give “sip” an easy schedule and somehow, some way, ATM is getting screwed? These are allegedly grown adults with college degrees contributing to society. I assume the reality is that they’re a bunch of back office employees, big company middle management bureaucrats in procurement, and government workers. They are a collective pathetic sack of shit and a blight on society. 

Awkward Uh Oh GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

What is in the water over at CS? So App St was suppose to be a loss? Both teams have sucked for a long time. Actually aggy has pretty much sucked since 1998. So they are confident bullshit loses only apply to us. I would put my money on us since when things are equal and they can't out bid us we have pretty much gone in dry on them for a long time.

image.png.fa10288bca95dd29b55a6ef49f0199aa.png

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pretty obvious the league did aggy a solid. Ducking Tennessee, Bama, and Georgia should be mathematically impossible. I think Sankey gave them a  slap on the back for scheduling Notre Dame.

Meanwhile, the SEC prison raped OU for not scheduling a Power 5 opponent in 2024. 

They did have a game against Georgia OOC that got canceled.

43 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Of all the dumb shit in their posts, making definitive statements about who will win or lose games the season after next, in the age of NIL/transfer portal, is maybe the dumbest. 

Especially since their #1 class lost a shit load of the best players after year 1, and will likely lose a shit ton more if they have another shitty season and the money dries up like it has in their recruiting.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My favorite poster in those last screenshots is the guy who decides that Texas doesn't have a strong enough coaching staff to win in the SEC

aggy has a coach that likes watching his wife fuck other men. Strong to very strong. 

I think I could be an aggy $9.95er pretty easily. Make shit up. If it comes to pass, you're good. If it doesn't, blame the sips and the entire world hating and conspiring against you. Collect $9.95. Either way you get clicks and engagement. What a fascinating, to put it nicely, group of rubes.

We’re so excited that the SEC gave us an easy schedule in ‘24 so that we can make the playoffs!  No Bama, Georgia, Tenn!!!!

Ignoring that they would have to play the likes of those teams they’ve admitted to be frightened of in the infinitesimal chance they achieved that goal.

Such fucking morons and  embarrassing, eternal cowards.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pretty obvious the league did aggy a solid. Ducking Tennessee, Bama, and Georgia should be mathematically impossible. I think Sankey gave them a  slap on the back for scheduling Notre Dame.

Meanwhile, the SEC prison raped OU for not scheduling a Power 5 opponent in 2024. 

Florida's schedule is pretty crazy as well. 

image.png.455287350b7ba9b1f4d8b0d830cdd146.png

7 hours ago, Scholz said:

We’re so excited that the SEC gave us an easy schedule in ‘24 so that we can make the playoffs!  No Bama, Georgia, Tenn!!!!

Ignoring that they would have to play the likes of those teams they’ve admitted to be frightened of in the infinitesimal chance they achieved that goal.

Such fucking morons and  embarrassing, eternal cowards.

It’s hysterical. With the Bama and Georgia omission, they’re already penciling in a conference championship appearance and a playoff run in ‘24…

Despite all historical precedent suggesting they’ll lose ~2 out of 3 on the road against Florida, Auburn, and MSU.

Even if they win all of those, they have to play LSU (2-10 head to head record in the SEC), Texas (wins ~67% of the time vs. A&M), and Notre Dame (top 5 program in all time wins). 

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

FysA4ilX0BgZJLZ?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA43fX0AYB1U2?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA5SXX0Ac8g4m?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA5nvWIAA5Edl?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA7JQXoAEmzaX?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA7l8WIAAGa6U?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA8AJX0Ag8T06?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA8WaWcAIIh8Y?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA9x3WYAACq-G?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA-HwWcAAbVLV?format=jpg&name=mediumFysA-fHX0AcNSw_?format=jpg&name=medium

The simpletons still haven't figured it out.  Sharp and A&M knew about bringing us in and were on board with it for the same reason everyone else was:

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Bjork was the sacrificial dumbass they let go code red to save face with the alumni...

Edited by TexasRenegade

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread