Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

The aggy tears are espescially flavorful after the last few years of A&M screaming from the mountain tops about that "program changing signing class" . Same type of energy as Mets fans screaming about "Uncle Stevie" coming to outspend everyone and bring them back to relevance. 

Difference being aggy has never been relevant.

If a chimp can win at L$U and twice at Jawja, then why can't $teve with a fully weaponized Death Star.  I want to stomp the fuck out of all of these assholes for years of being on the other side of this bullshit.  FUCK ALL THESE TEAMS!  RETIRE SABAN YOU CUNT!

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Haha 1

What’s Simmons connection to LSU? 

If the answer is the family moved after Katrina, I’m going to throw up in my mouth. It’s been 18 fucking years. It takes about 18 minutes to figure out the standard of living is much higher in Texas. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s Simmons connection to LSU? 

If the answer is the family moved after Katrina, I’m going to throw up in my mouth. It’s been 18 fucking years. It takes about 18 minutes to figure out the standard of living is much higher in Texas. 

He just really liked it. The Burrow year plus Dunne, Reese, and baseball give them a level of swagger and stardust few schools can match.

Makes Kelly a weird fit, though.

34 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Let's just stop and think about what kind of pussies it takes to spend so much time wondering how much other schools hate your rival. 

I don't give two shits what Kstate and Tech think about the dirt burglars. 

I don't care what they think about us, either. I assume everyone hates us, and would be depressed to find that's not the case.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

He just really liked it. The Burrow year plus Dunne, Reese, and baseball give them a level of swagger and stardust few schools can match.

Makes Kelly a weird fit, though.

I mean, I can see how being a star football player could make for a fun 3 years on campus in Baton Rouge. It’s the rest of your life after football where that appeal all breaks down. Is greater Baton Rouge the place you want to be tied to? Much less the rest of your family?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Duncanville is overrated is their weirdest take yet. They’re the defending state champions and it’s pretty likely they repeat. And they’ve played for state in 4 out of the last 5 years. 

Mater Dei and IMG Academy are totally overrated as well.

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Shocked we don’t have threads on this already but Jardin Gilbert knocked out moose during practice and Donovan Green may have torn his ACL. Hope we have some good material during everyone’s Monday morning coffee!

fisticuffs or a tackle?

The HS kid who couldn't get into A&M is reporting it

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Shocked we don’t have threads on this already but Jardin Gilbert knocked out moose during practice and Donovan Green may have torn his ACL. Hope we have some good material during everyone’s Monday morning coffee!

Intentionally slept Moose or in the course of practice?

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Took a quick look and Johnson was the 3rd rated te on 247 and 4th on rivals. 

oh I see. He was 1st at on3, whose rankings aggy just loves and never accuses them of being a sip-run outfit that shouldn’t be paid attention to. 

He was #1 in the 247 composite. That’s about as good a metric as any.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

It's amazing how they keep talking how bad our defense is (going to be?)  Guess last season (for both teams) never existed.

You don't just waltz into your own stadium and hold App State to 17 points without a great defense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci joined TexAgs Radio Monday morning to share his thoughts as week three of fall camp kicks off. Liucci also discussed his takeaways from football's scrimmage, players who are emerging and more.

Segment 1 (00:00:00 - 19:32:29)

• The weekend was good. Texas A&M had its first scrimmage. In the weeks' worth of practice, there are plenty of notes. We have the press conference and practice today. I will go to lunch with my scouting buddies that are coming to watch the seniors.

• Long story short, the first-team defense looked really good. People are trying to say we are and banged-up football team right now. That is not true. They had a significant injury, and we will see if Jimbo Fisher talks about it today. We don't do that crap. We let the coach be the word on anything season-ending.

• Luckily, they didn't practice yesterday. Maybe someone's parents heard about an injury on the TexAgs boards. Posters are mentioning kids that are hurt that aren't. I understand the why of it. We wonder why practices aren't open. Tempers flare. There are fights. I wish we had a little more time out there to see more football play, but there should be a cutoff. I like the idea of staying out there in the spring but turning the cameras off.

• I will be interested in what Jimbo Fisher says. There was a thread that said Evan Stewart was hurt. Stewart is not hurt. Other schools can take that and run with it. Guys will be banged up. They will have knicks and bruises that keep them out. Those things accumulate. I don’t consider that to be a banged-out football team. They had guys out at safety, but we saw that depth.

• The first-team offense started off Conner Weigman and then Max Johnson. The red zone stuff shined.

• The main takeaway is your first-team defense looked really strong. Some will say, ”Omg, bad offensive line play.” Defense is usually ahead at this time of the year. You want it to be back and forth. Defense has an advantage in practice, but Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy and Bryce Anderson said with Bobby Petrino that you don't know what is coming.

• Guys will miss the first game and be out for Miami, but as of today, if you are to ask how many guys miss the first two games, the list might include one player.

• Athletically, this team is the best for Jimbo since the 2016 Florida State squad. They won the title in 2013 with Dalvin Cook and Derwin James. They had a loaded roster. They do need to stay healthy. I still come back to the offensive line and defensive line. I worry about corner. I don't think they are great at corner. I want to see who steps up. Your defensive line needs to dominate.

• Haynes King got smoked every time he dropped back against Alabama. That was his most historic performance, and if they finished it off, it would have been legendary. I think Will Anderson had seven or eight hurries. A&M's defensive line got the best of Alabama’s offensive line. The Aggies got to Jalen Milroe five or six times at Kyle Field. Milroe hung onto the football. Pressure is pressure. They will have to play like they did against LSU all year. They have one of the top three defensive lines in the SEC. Now the Offensive line? If it’s a top-five or six unit in the league, this is a double-digit-win football team.

Segment 2 (19:33:00 - 27:37:17)

• The Florida game last year pisses me off. There are a lot of games for A&M that are do-over games. If I could let you change a couple of games that are reasonable to change in a tenure, what would it be so far?

• I agree with LSU in 2021. They could have got a fourth down stop. Max Johnson made the play. I would probably include Ole Miss from that year, which was the game before that. They had a chance to win that in the fourth. With those, you finish 10-2. You would have been 6-2 in the SEC and beat Alabama and LSU. That would have been back-to-back New Years Six bowl games. It would have changed the whole perception.

• I would go with Appalachian State too because of what it did to the locker room and morale. You would have been 5-0 going into Mississippi State.

• I could also go with Alabama last year instead of Appalachian State. You were close to winning that game. If they would have won, I wonder what effect it would have had on the following games. I think it would have changed so much. There is a world where A&M's one two-yard play away from being 4-0 in the last two years vs. LSU and Alabama.

Segment 3 (27:37:18 - 31:21:08)

• Jahdae Walker has been one of the... I wouldn't say “surprises” because the guys this summer would tell you that he is a breath of fresh air out there. With his approach to everything, the guys have embraced him.

• To come from Grand Valley State and seamlessly transition into Texas A&M football with the locker room and loaded receiving room. He was 5-foot-11 in high school. Now, he is 6-foot-3. He has NFL-caliber running numbers. He has had some really good days. Physically and athletically, this dude has got it and has three years of eligibility. He can make an impact this year
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:
  • Jahdae Walker has been one of the... I wouldn't say “surprises” because the guys this summer would tell you that he is a breath of fresh air out there. With his approach to everything, the guys have embraced him.

• To come from Grand Valley State and seamlessly transition into Texas A&M football with the locker room and loaded receiving room. He was 5-foot-11 in high school. Now, he is 6-foot-3. He has NFL-caliber running numbers. He has had some really good days. Physically and athletically, this dude has got it and has three years of eligibility. He can make an impact this year

that's a lot of talk for a guy with 34 career catches and who has topped 100 receiving yards in a game exactly one time in his D2 career.

image.thumb.png.1b345b377d56003ea2d398d0ac075cf7.png

11 games played with 30 catches, 4 TDs and 632 yards

if anything says SEC ready it's a guy who averaged 2.7 catches per game, 57.5 yards per game a 0.4 TDs per game.

when Billy is talking about a D2 transfer showing out in that WR room, things are shaky.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On one of the IT podcasts last week, Gerry poked a little fun at blilly.   Then Bobby said he liked him, and they all kind of said yes we like him too.    Then i think it was  Justin Wells who said under his breath "that guy is a genius"

Segment 2 is a perfect illustration.  Hopium pays everywhere but it really pays in aggyland.

Edited by Mr. Drummond
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci joined TexAgs Radio Monday morning to share his thoughts as week three of fall camp kicks off. Liucci also discussed his takeaways from football's scrimmage, players who are emerging and more.

• The weekend was good. Texas A&M had its first scrimmage. In the weeks' worth of practice, there are plenty of notes. We have the press conference and practice today. I will go to lunch with my scouting buddies that are coming to watch the seniors.

• Long story short, the first-team defense looked really good. People are trying to say we are and banged-up football team right now. That is not true. They had a significant injury, and we will see if Jimbo Fisher talks about it today. We don't do that crap. We let the coach be the word on anything season-ending.

• Luckily, they didn't practice yesterday. Maybe someone's parents heard about an injury on the TexAgs boards. Posters are mentioning kids that are hurt that aren't. I understand the why of it. We wonder why practices aren't open. Tempers flare. There are fights. I wish we had a little more time out there to see more football play, but there should be a cutoff. I like the idea of staying out there in the spring but turning the cameras off.

• I will be interested in what Jimbo Fisher says. There was a thread that said Evan Stewart was hurt. Stewart is not hurt. Other schools can take that and run with it. Guys will be banged up. They will have knicks and bruises that keep them out. Those things accumulate. I don’t consider that to be a banged-out football team. They had guys out at safety, but we saw that depth.

• The first-team offense started off Conner Weigman and then Max Johnson. The red zone stuff shined.

• The main takeaway is your first-team defense looked really strong. Some will say, ”Omg, bad offensive line play.” Defense is usually ahead at this time of the year. You want it to be back and forth. Defense has an advantage in practice, but Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy and Bryce Anderson said with Bobby Petrino that you don't know what is coming.

• Guys will miss the first game and be out for Miami, but as of today, if you are to ask how many guys miss the first two games, the list might include one player.

• Athletically, this team is the best for Jimbo since the 2016 Florida State squad. They won the title in 2013 with Dalvin Cook and Derwin James. They had a loaded roster. They do need to stay healthy. I still come back to the offensive line and defensive line. I worry about corner. I don't think they are great at corner. I want to see who steps up. Your defensive line needs to dominate.

• Haynes King got smoked every time he dropped back against Alabama. That was his most historic performance, and if they finished it off, it would have been legendary. I think Will Anderson had seven or eight hurries. A&M's defensive line got the best of Alabama’s offensive line. The Aggies got to Jalen Milroe five or six times at Kyle Field. Milroe hung onto the football. Pressure is pressure. They will have to play like they did against LSU all year. They have one of the top three defensive lines in the SEC. Now the Offensive line? If it’s a top-five or six unit in the league, this is a double-digit-win football team.

• The Florida game last year pisses me off. There are a lot of games for A&M that are do-over games. If I could let you change a couple of games that are reasonable to change in a tenure, what would it be so far?

• I agree with LSU in 2021. They could have got a fourth down stop. Max Johnson made the play. I would probably include Ole Miss from that year, which was the game before that. They had a chance to win that in the fourth. With those, you finish 10-2. You would have been 6-2 in the SEC and beat Alabama and LSU. That would have been back-to-back New Years Six bowl games. It would have changed the whole perception.

• I would go with Appalachian State too because of what it did to the locker room and morale. You would have been 5-0 going into Mississippi State.

• I could also go with Alabama last year instead of Appalachian State. You were close to winning that game. If they would have won, I wonder what effect it would have had on the following games. I think it would have changed so much. There is a world where A&M's one two-yard play away from being 4-0 in the last two years vs. LSU and Alabama.

Posted 53 minutes ago

By Billy Liucci

The weekend was good. Texas A&M had its first scrimmage. In the weeks' worth of practice, there are plenty of notes. We have the press conference and practice today. I will go to lunch with my scouting buddies that are coming to watch the seniors.

Long story short, the first-team defense looked really good. People are trying to say we are and banged-up football team right now. That is not true. They had a significant injury, and we will see if Jimbo Fisher talks about it today. We don't do that crap. We let the coach be the word on anything season-ending.

Luckily, they didn't practice yesterday. Maybe someone's parents heard about an injury on the TexAgs boards. Posters are mentioning kids that are hurt that aren't. I understand the why of it. We wonder why practices aren't open. Tempers flare. There are fights. I wish we had a little more time out there to see more football play, but there should be a cutoff. I like the idea of staying out there in the spring but turning the cameras off.

I will be interested in what Jimbo Fisher says. There was a thread that said Evan Stewart was hurt. Stewart is not hurt. Other schools can take that and run with it. Guys will be banged up. They will have knicks and bruises that keep them out. Those things accumulate. I don’t consider that to be a banged-out football team. They had guys out at safety, but we saw that depth.

The first-team offense started off Conner Weigman and then Max Johnson. The red zone stuff shined.

The main takeaway is your first-team defense looked really strong. Some will say, ”Omg, bad offensive line play.” Defense is usually ahead at this time of the year. You want it to be back and forth. Defense has an advantage in practice, but Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy and Bryce Anderson said with Bobby Petrino that you don't know what is coming.

Guys will miss the first game and be out for Miami, but as of today, if you are to ask how many guys miss the first two games, the list might include one player.

Athletically, this team is the best for Jimbo since the 2016 Florida State squad. They won the title in 2013 with Dalvin Cook and Derwin James. They had a loaded roster. They do need to stay healthy. I still come back to the offensive line and defensive line. I worry about corner. I don't think they are great at corner. I want to see who steps up. Your defensive line needs to dominate.

Haynes King got smoked every time he dropped back against Alabama. That was his most historic performance, and if they finished it off, it would have been legendary. I think Will Anderson had seven or eight hurries. A&M's defensive line got the best of Alabama’s offensive line. The Aggies got to Jalen Milroe five or six times at Kyle Field. Milroe hung onto the football. Pressure is pressure. They will have to play like they did against LSU all year. They have one of the top three defensive lines in the SEC. Now the Offensive line? If it’s a top-five or six unit in the league, this is a double-digit-win football team.

The Florida game last year pisses me off. There are a lot of games for A&M that are do-over games. If I could let you change a couple of games that are reasonable to change in a tenure, what would it be so far?

I agree with LSU in 2021. They could have got a fourth down stop. Max Johnson made the play. I would probably include Ole Miss from that year, which was the game before that. They had a chance to win that in the fourth. With those, you finish 10-2. You would have been 6-2 in the SEC and beat Alabama and LSU. That would have been back-to-back New Years Six bowl games. It would have changed the whole perception.

I would go with Appalachian State too because of what it did to the locker room and morale. You would have been 5-0 going into Mississippi State.

I could also go with Alabama last year instead of Appalachian State. You were close to winning that game. If they would have won, I wonder what effect it would have had on the following games. I think it would have changed so much. There is a world where A&M's one two-yard play away from being 4-0 in the last two years vs. LSU and Alabama.

Jahdae Walker has been one of the... I wouldn't say “surprises” because the guys this summer would tell you that he is a breath of fresh air out there. With his approach to everything, the guys have embraced him.

To come from Grand Valley State and seamlessly transition into Texas A&M football with the locker room and loaded receiving room. He was 5-foot-11 in high school. Now, he is 6-foot-3. He has NFL-caliber running numbers. He has had some really good days. Physically and athletically, this dude has got it and has three years of eligibility. He can make an impact this year

For Darkmode.

image.thumb.png.c87068dc71be840a667fddb2fa9a317c.pngimage.thumb.png.8a1d8dcba748596e279582d8bf9e06f9.pngimage.thumb.png.d0317b7bc63cec50b1416aef127ceae3.png

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread