Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

31 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So ksigag12, who seems to be involved, says they were able to accomplish the 2022 class off the original collective.

But I thought Jimbo said there was no nil in that recruiting class.

Am I misremembering or misunderstanding this contradiction?

He meant to say "collection" not "collective."

collection-plate - First Parish in Lexington

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

For someone with a high post volume, you don't actualy read the threads much, huh?

You were full on "we don't lead for Solomon Williams????" this week too.

I tend to march to the beat of my own drum 

honestly tho, I’m still confused as to why WR will attend THE TEXAS A&M university 

Edited by D3zii

47 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I tend to march to the beat of my own drum 

honestly tho, I’m still confused as to why WR will attend THE TEXAS A&M university 

It sounds like our coaching staff thinks he has issues regarding trustworthiness.  He's a Tech legacy that they opened their NIL for, but he is back out window shopping.  Probably just making Tech pay more, but you know - or should know, no matter your drumbeat - that ATM is prone to impulsive moves.

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I loved this one…

“It's gotta make culture building damn near impossible. How do you trust a guy in the locker room who only came to your school because of money?”

I’m sure those random Tennessee and New Jersey recruits came for the majesty of College Station.

In all fairness, Aggies have a lot more familiarity with locker rooms than average folks.

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

For someone with a high post volume, you don't actualy read the threads much, huh?

You were full on "we don't lead for Solomon Williams????" this week too.

FIFY. I assume his avatar is a self portrait. 

Unrelated...What's up with Daddy98 changing his name to just Daddy? He managed to up his creepy factor 2-3x with that simple change. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

I am sure Looch got some help from daddy98 on Wingo. Consequently, they backed off from Wingo for a hidden gem legacy discovered in the greater Houston area?

daddy98 was consulting with Looch as daddy was selling car insurance in NW Houston.  daddy98 is a top man over there as he only knows the best suburban restaurants and is the best source of information in determining which is the better high end restaurant - Chili's or Applebee's.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We have some damn shitty luck. Even when we get a commitment from a very highly thought of prospect, wouldn’t you know that aggy not only has one committed that’s better, but also is going to get another that’s also better.  And it’s like this every time!

This is such a great post. It’s just the perfect characterization of these rubes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Sealtm6 said:

daddy98 was consulting with Looch as daddy was selling car insurance in NW Houston.  daddy98 is a top man over there as he only knows the best suburban restaurants and is the best source of information in determining which is the better high end restaurant - Chili's or Applebee's.  

Cmon man. Katy has a Cheesecake Factory now. 

• Haha 3

SIAP, but I want to be sure the lonely 2% voice in the wilderness is heard:

"I’m tired of pretending that the happiness of everyone at this school is determined by a small group of students tossing around a pigskin. I’m tired of pretending the world is over every time we lose an important game. I’m tired of heckling a bunch of 20-year-olds who are giving their all on the field....I’m tired of pretending that Aggie football is the be-all and the end-all. It’s really not that big of a deal."

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-football-is-really-not-that-big-of-a-deal/article_90cf16b4-71ff-11ee-9746-fff6c5a4596a.html?fbclid=IwAR0VdmeVIbAH_Z2padGxBFJ651bcvtrWuFvzuJGKxJSgE9WJNVASs7Oj2ug_aem_ASqqY96PAdtVIvAN_Wi8p0Y0Q3yKeXOQa1VYc4p-qgm3eAgYLE87tqyUxfCLlEnJ6hM

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

AggieShanks-
"I just don't get why LSU gets recruits over us"

It's almost like swamp tigah doesnt have two national championships in the 21st century. I mean they are about the same as aggy, right? right?

LSU has 3 MNCs this century

19 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I don't think most of their fans realize how large a 75M buyout is. 

Just fire him , why is he here.. uh guys that's what 7x the largest previous buyout ever 

Fucking retards 

My favorite part of watching this whole train-wreck is the fact that aggy constantly bleats that they are the richest school in the country (richer than TU!!!). They are going to have no choice but to fire Jimbo, and they will have no choice but to pay him a unprecedented buyout, thereby eliminating their one perceived (though false) advantage. No matter how "rich" aggy thinks they are, nobody can absorb that kind of hit and not feel the effects in the NIL era, let alone in assembling an entirely new staff.

aggy is wholly fucked. Beating South Carolina is certainly not gonna change that fact, "Brauny" and Co.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I don't think most of their fans realize how large a 75M buyout is. 

Just fire him , why is he here.. uh guys that's what 7x the largest previous buyout ever 

Fucking retards 

Yeah, I was reminded recently of Fran, he was fired for the the newsletter and he got a 4 million buyout, but the fear aggie had back then was that they could not pony up for the 8 million dollar buyout he was owed... 15 years later and inflation is NOT 1000%

A&M losing NIL is because boosters are saving up for the buyout, but it might take years to get there.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

SIAP, but I want to be sure the lonely 2% voice in the wilderness is heard:

"I’m tired of pretending that the happiness of everyone at this school is determined by a small group of students tossing around a pigskin. I’m tired of pretending the world is over every time we lose an important game. I’m tired of heckling a bunch of 20-year-olds who are giving their all on the field....I’m tired of pretending that Aggie football is the be-all and the end-all. It’s really not that big of a deal."

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/opinion-football-is-really-not-that-big-of-a-deal/article_90cf16b4-71ff-11ee-9746-fff6c5a4596a.html?fbclid=IwAR0VdmeVIbAH_Z2padGxBFJ651bcvtrWuFvzuJGKxJSgE9WJNVASs7Oj2ug_aem_ASqqY96PAdtVIvAN_Wi8p0Y0Q3yKeXOQa1VYc4p-qgm3eAgYLE87tqyUxfCLlEnJ6hM

I don’t wan this post to get lost in the tears, because that article is amazing. If it wasn’t for recommit season there would be a thread on texags torching this kid for being a stupid Gen Z loser, and everything wrong with America and aTm.   

Also, im somewhat scared to ask, but what the fuck is Pull-Out Day? I was raised Catholic, that phrase has an entirely different meaning to me than what I imagine it does to those losers. 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t wan this post to get lost in the tears, because that article is amazing. If it wasn’t for recommit season there would be a thread on texags torching this kid for being a stupid Gen Z loser, and everything wrong with America and aTm.   

Also, im somewhat scared to ask, but what the fuck is Pull-Out Day? I was raised Catholic, that phrase has an entirely different meaning to me than what I imagine it does to those losers. 

I’ll be frank — I’m pretty short. My five-foot-four-and-a-half stature puts me right at ‘pit height when guys are waving their towels around. So that’s also a factor.

this has to be parody

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, linux said:

Yeah, I was reminded recently of Fran, he was fired for the the newsletter and he got a 4 million buyout, but the fear aggie had back then was that they could not pony up for the 8 million dollar buyout he was owed... 15 years later and inflation is NOT 1000%

A&M losing NIL is because boosters are saving up for the buyout, but it might take years to get there.

At one point, A&M was paying RC, Fran, Sherman and Sumlin.  For a rich school, that’s a lot of prolonged buyouts.  I love that they didn’t care, got Jimbo, and signed him to an Aggie-like extension.  Watching them lose makes it that much sweeter. The delusional fan base and their $9.95’ers are the icing on this tasty cupcake. Jimbo isn’t getting fired and the misery will continue. This truly is the greatest Aggie joke of all time!!

KEEP JIMBO

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1