Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

But he doesn't have to spend all that time in CS. He can figurehead it and drop in for press briefings and games while leaving the coaching and recruiting to subordinates. Five days of the week he's on a boat somewhere. What are they gonna do? Fire him?
Hell, he'd probably have a better record if he did that.

328e4eb49343d4be218f735f221653a3.jpg
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

They love to use that whole "1876 vs 1883" as some sort of weird proof that it's impossible for them to be the little brother that they act like.

I'd just like to point out that our first football season was in 1893. aggy? 1894.

There's no place for logic in this conversation, sir. 

5 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

They love to use that whole "1876 vs 1883" as some sort of weird proof that it's impossible for them to be the little brother that they act like.

I'd just like to point out that our first football season was in 1893. aggy? 1894.

They were all off fighting the Spanish-American War.

• Haha 5

Aggy hasn’t demonstrated that having enough money is their problem. They don’t seem to be smart about how they spend it and I imagine the bigger infighting right now is if you fire Jimbo who do you bring in to replace him. There doesn’t seem to be an exciting choice out there currently 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRRKid said:

Aggy hasn’t demonstrated that having enough money is their problem. They don’t seem to be smart about how they spend it and I imagine the bigger infighting right now is if you fire Jimbo who do you bring in to replace him. There doesn’t seem to be an exciting choice out there currently 

They really don't want to get fooled again. Last time, they felt sure they were hiring a sitting "natty" winning coach. Turns out he actually was standing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

They really don't want to get fooled again. Last time, they felt sure they were hiring a sitting "natty" winning coach. Turns out he actually was standing. 

The great news is that they haven't figured out that as long as John Sharp is pulling the strings, the outcome will be similar/the same.

I remain convinced that Aggie Brass has a plan.  That plan is to stay quiet and get past the regular season,  and let the steam blow off the fan base.  They will fire an assistant (OL) or two to help with the reset narrative.  They will pump up the best class ever (all 3-4 of them that are left) as juniors to the masses, and then they will wait to see what happens at Kyle with Texas.  They can't bring in a new coach and then lose the opener to Texas they cried so hard for with SEC.  That's a deadly combination for both the AD and the new coach with the BMA.  Jimbo stays,  everyone rallies around the flag,  and if he loses to Texas they probably fire him before he can get back to his car in the lot. 

The wildcard is Max.  If he is really done and they somehow lose out then they may not have a choice - but that would be a locker-room implosion similar to....well aggie last year I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Billy also claims Texas is the luckiest team in the country.

Liucci really does more harm than good for that program. Constantly feeds into their preferred narrative that they're just constantly unlucky, kept down by the powers that be, just a few bad bounces from that coveted natty, etc. No need for introspection or to consider systemic issues because Texas isn't doing anything right at the moment, just pure luck. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Liucci really does more harm than good for that program. Constantly feeds into their preferred narrative that they're just constantly unlucky, kept down by the powers that be, just a few bad bounces from that coveted natty, etc. No need for introspection or to consider systemic issues because Texas isn't doing anything right at the moment, just pure luck. 

Well he did say maybe MAYBE it’s time to look at OL play and ask is that the reason you can’t finish the season with a healthy QB

i couldn’t keep a straight face listening to that comedic gold

12 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Billy also claims Texas is the luckiest team in the country.

To win it all it takes some luck along the way and I hope we ride the luck that is coming our way this year to another NC. That way I can be on cloud nine from extreme joy and then when that starts to not be enough dopamine I can just move on to aggy tears. So Billy like others have said on this thread with different words, one has to be good enough to take advantage of ones luck. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

He's laughing all the way to the bank

I'm too busy today to bring much more over from this amusing thread on Texags about their status as a coaching destination.

image.png.d483c7bd5200c0a5ec56d3a7633bdf93.png

Dennis "Frantastic" Francione wanted out of Bama. They were a mess at the time. Not exactly like luring away Saban.

Jimbo? Stolen? We all know the story there. He was just a few seconds away from getting a boot mark on his ass.

image.png.c19144a305271ceed1b31aafcf351543.png

1 True. A&M is an agent's dream.

2 Facilities! Facilities! Facilities!

Gee, I wish I could live in a paradise like College Station and be in constant awe of what Kyle Field is. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brad Pudding said:

Probably means he will be out for ACU since it's ACU. Then come back to play against LSU with the big story since he transferred from there.  It's a good story made better when they get curbstomped.

There’s smoke Moss and Johnson are done for the year. Looch conceded by the end of the podcast that Johnson probably won’t play against LSU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

I actually think Jimbo can talk his way into another year. They are 0-3 in one score games with losses to Tennessee, Alabama, and Ole Miss (currently, two top 10 teams, and the fourteenth ranked team). Jimbo will fire Addizio, be given the check to go money whip the best OL coach available, and that next years OL will keep QB1 clean in the pocket for the whole year, and the aggys will reach the CFP. The narrative that aggy could be a one loss team with competent line play isn't completely delusional , but highly unlikely. The problem is that the rats are jumping ship, and even with improved OL play, they are likely to loose so much talent that it still won't affect the W-L column. Losing Stewart, Weigman, Nolan, etc. is going to drop that ceiling like a firefighter in a burning building. This is probably their best case scenario. At least, that is my fantasy.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Stewart bolts, Moose ain't coming back and Smith is out of eligibility.  That's going to be a JAG group of WR's next year.

At this point, they are going to have to take a monster portal class to address the OLine. If they have skill position defections, they will have to hit that hard as well. Nobody is coming to play for Jimbo, and if the current team is splintering anyway they almost have to make a change. Haynes King isn't walking through that door to save them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm too busy today to bring much more over from this amusing thread on Texags about their status as a coaching destination.

image.png.d483c7bd5200c0a5ec56d3a7633bdf93.png

Dennis "Frantastic" Francione wanted out of Bama. They were a mess at the time. Not exactly like luring away Saban.

Jimbo? Stolen? We all know the story there. He was just a few seconds away from getting a boot mark on his ass.

image.png.c19144a305271ceed1b31aafcf351543.png

1 True. A&M is an agent's dream.

2 Facilities! Facilities! Facilities!

Gee, I wish I could live in a paradise like College Station and be in constant awe of what Kyle Field is. 

Yep.  Wait till they see... Snook and Normangee.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There’s smoke Moss and Johnson are done for the year. Looch conceded by the end of the podcast that Johnson probably won’t play against LSU. 

"Smoke"? You guys need to go back and watch the play where Moss got hurt. It looked Willis McGahee-esque. They didn't show a replay and they went to extended commercials. I get that Fisher waxed positive about him not needing surgery, but he did the same about Weigman. I assume the guy has to be done.

Regarding Johnson, the player would also need to want to come back. People on the ATM side are indicating that he's completely done. 

• Hook 'Em 8