COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

some of you DFW folks may know her.. never heard of her.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/01/11/arlington-republican-activist-vaccine-skeptic-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

Arlington Republican activist, Kelly Canon, vaccine skeptic dies of COVID-19 complications

In 2017, Canon released a series of sexually explicit Facebook messages sent to her by then-Republican Congressman Joe Barton, who was married at the time. Barton was eventually forced to resign.

Kelly Canon, a longtime Republican activist in Arlington and vaccine skeptic, has died of COVID-19 complications.

• Rage+1 1

Yeah, never heard of her. 

Some of the comments/writing in the linked article mentioned her being in heaven. I wouldn't be too sure of that. Dipshits who knowingly put not only themselves but others at risk of contracting a potentially lethal virus belong in hell. Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Yeah, never heard of her. 

Some of the comments/writing in the linked article mentioned her being in heaven. I wouldn't be too sure of that. Dipshits who knowingly put not only themselves but others at risk of contracting a potentially lethal virus belong in hell. Just my opinion.

I don't believe in either so I am comforted by the fact that she is dead and not hurting anyone else anymore

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kelly Canon, a longtime Republican activist in Arlington and vaccine skeptic, has died of COVID-19 complications.

In 2017, Canon released a series of sexually explicit Facebook messages sent to her by then-Republican Congressman Joe Barton, who was married at the time. Barton was eventually forced to resign.

I realize Joe was married, but who amongst us could resist such temptation. Obviously a man of distinguished tastes. 

17 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

She’s 1 for 2. 

Which I find interesting. These folks are not incapable of understanding science and math. They just pick and choose which parts they are willing to accept, based on what they want to believe.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

She’s 1 for 2. 

Which I find interesting. These folks are not incapable of understanding science and math. They just pick and choose which parts they are willing to accept, based on what they want to believe.

Not coincidentally, that's generally how they approach their religious text too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

second post: Just to confirm, did she die from COVID or with COVID?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I noticed that the Facebook death announcement said died of pneumonia but no mention of Covid causing the pneumonia. 

also, nobody dies of an HIV infection so don’t worry about that particular virus. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

some of you DFW folks may know her.. never heard of her.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/01/11/arlington-republican-activist-vaccine-skeptic-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

Arlington Republican activist, Kelly Canon, vaccine skeptic dies of COVID-19 complications

I do like this headline a bit better:

Conservative Activist Dies of COVID Complications After Attending Anti-Vax ‘Symposium’

On 1/5/2022 at 9:34 AM, JimmyJames said:

Southern California, and Orange County in particular, is basically the birthplace of Republican nihilism masquerading as so called conservatism so it’s not so much that good people have changed, it’s just the mask coming off. 

Not all of OC. Gilbang can correct me if I'm wrong.

image.thumb.png.5739400e5d2d96d04086a0add462e5b6.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is this a new thing -- vents don't work?

You see, when people are put on vents while in the ICU with covid, they are rarely taken off successfully.

So the solution is don't put people on vents. Kinda like just stop testing.

spacer.png