Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

This is our new normal. We will go back and forth between being a game over .500 or a game below .500. Players that are popular on campus making thousands of dollars in endorsements but they can't catch a pass. Coaches showing off threads that would make a Saudi prince jealous but totally clueless on how to handle 4th and 15. Guaranteed time in the hot tub for early January. No need to worry about a playoff game. Just relax and crack open a cold one. This is the good life. We're a volleyball program anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

I still want to believe that he's a good OC but there's such glaring shit - the fastest player on the field, every game both teams, Keilan Robinson, is still on a milk carton, a former QB now RB but you can't somehow generate an option pass out of him, or you somehow can't generate any sort of trick play to keep the other teams off balance? And not going to start with in-game adjustments....

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Horn of Gabriel said:

Moore is responsible for a 14 point swing by himself dropping a TD and letting another through his hands for an INT. Drops everywhere today. Sark is the fraud thou…

Sark is responsible for platform Moore at a minimum.  And he’s responsible for making sure Moore is ready.  

More importantly he’s responsible for pretty much everything as he is the HC. 

The.most frustrating thing about these two losses is that we clearly had the better players.  Both games should have been out of reach by the second half, but we get cute and fuck around then go limp dick in secondhalf….  The players are certainly at fault, but the coaches are not making any changes that are working..I know as a manager,  I am 99%judged on their performance.  If they are not getting it done, I can only count on the dipshit hr recruiter to replace them in due time,  in the mean time I better get my hands dirty and make what I got better

We keep firing guys expecting for a 1st season miracle from the next hire and it’s not happening. But we can never pick the right guy like Aranda. We’re such a worthless program year after year. Why would any recruit want to sign up for this? We just need to accept we’re going to be a shitty program. We’re the rival that occasionally jumps up to get a win against our superior rival. But otherwise we’re just a middling program year after year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Fraud.

He doesn't adjust. Not in game, not at halftime, and obviously not mid-season. We can't keep blaming his team/players. We've played some incredible football, generally in the first half. It's there.

But if Sark can't find a way to drive that level of performance all game, every game, then the L's are on him.

Next.

The.most frustrating thing about these two losses is that we clearly had the better players.  Both games should have been out of reach by the second half, but we get cute and fuck around then go limp dick in secondhalf….  The players are certainly at fault, but the coaches are not making any changes that are working..I know as a manager,  I am 99%judged on their performance.  If they are not getting it done, I can only count on the dipshit hr recruiter to replace them in due time,  in the mean time I better get my hands dirty and make what I got better

Two losses? I count three.

Receivers can't catch. That was anticipated.

OL sucks. Not a quick fix.

Defense is a mess. That's a mystery, but coaching can surely be questioned.

A team with no heart. Sure, some players have it, but not the whole team.

It's a goddamn fiasco, but it's Sark's first year.

Fuck.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5

Hardly a fraud. We hired a guy known as 7 win Steve for fucks sake. This is his damn MO. If you buy a fucking Honda, good luck trying to return it 9 months later because it’s not a Porsche. He's probably another Muschamp. Decent Really good coordinator on teams loaded with talent(USC, Bama) , not much evidence he can succeed as a HC. 

Edited for accuracy  

Edited by Blotto

Wide receiver is wide open and Casey misses him. Sark's fault. Multiple in hand drops by receivers. Sarks fault. Bijan can't seem to pick up a block. Again Sark's fault. Casey not seeing wide open guys. Sark's fault. If this shit is continuing next year or forward then yes, but at this point what we are seeing is a culmination of things up to this point. Guys are in position to make plays and just are folding under the pressure.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Wide receiver is wide open and Casey misses him. Sark's fault. Multiple in hand drops by receivers. Sarks fault. Bijan can't seem to pick up a block. Again Sark's fault. Casey not seeing wide open guys. Sark's fault. If this shit is continuing next year or forward then yes, but at this point what we are seeing is a culmination of things up to this point. Guys are in position to make plays and just are folding under the pressure.

This is so fucking stupid 

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Dicker given the option to try to run a 4th and forever punt certainly is Sark’s fucking fault. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It’s wild that at EACH STOP in his head coaching career, he’s had similar issues crop up.  Must be an extraordinary set of coincidences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You realize what you described falls back on the coaching staff, right? Players crumbling under pressure? Then they aren't being coached properly. Dropping easy balls? They should probably train on that better.

One of a coach's most crucial skills is the ability to adapt. There are ways to reduce the impact of a shitty OL, or to bolden your team for gameday, instill confidence, improve the QB's vision, 

Sure, the above generally takes time, but Sark and the players have only regressed since halftime w/ OU.

• Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We’re on track to disband the football program, dumbass. 

After this one, I stand corrected... It might be time to scrub all seasons since Colt left and mothball the program until we can get Colt to take over as HC... He's been around football at all levels for a long time now and it's virtually impossible he would be any worse than what we've had in a long time

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

whatever. the dude is 7 win steve for a reason...

Just now, dcar00 said:

yes he is a fraud.  he's done. just have to wait the requisite 4 years.

should have hired Aranda after we fired Charlie.

Hire Aranda. Hire this guy. Hire that guy. It's the same result no matter who we hire, and its high time you guys start seeing that. We just aren't good my bro.

Remember when we were good and we used to be in dogfights vs Baylor and teams of the like through 3 qtrs and all the sudden they would remember they were Baylor and wilt away in the 4th leaving us to run away with the game? Well guess what? We ARE that team now. Our players aren't good and worse yet they have been losing for years and no longer have the expectation to win. This is years in the making, and its going to be a process to coach it out of them. However, you guys keep thinking there is a quick fix.

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

To me, a coach has 2 jobs.  1. Recruit. 2. Maximize the productivity of the players actually here.  

Regardless of what you think of the players on campus, does anyone believe 2 is happening?

I would say the 2 main jobs of a HC is 

1.  Hiring the best assistants possible.  Saban is a bad analogy except he does it every year at multiple spots.  Replace great assistants who move up and cut dead weight.   
2.  Recruit. 
3. everything else. 

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?