LSU@UCLA- f the SEC!

Sbbruin

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

I thought pretty much everyone thought Chip Kelly was going to suck without the Oregon recruiting advantages. Hell I know pretty much everyone on this board said so including me.

And he didn’t put in the sweat recruiting.  He can coach, but he needs to make recruiting a top priority.  However we have absolutely killed it with the transfer portal.  Many of our biggest contributors- Charbonnet, Brown, Knight, Johnson and the list goes on.  That is a big advantage where a kid can transfer to UCLA and get a degree from there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

LSU goes 5-5 last year and quits before the bowl season. They replace both coordinators and spend the entire offseason mired in scandal. They lose their presumptive starting QB as camp starts. Then, to open their season, they show up (checks notes) … ranked 16th and 5 spots ahead of Texas? I mean that is fucking absurd. There was nothing to justify that ranking other than thoughtless “meeehhhh, SECSECSEC” bullshit from the voters. Last night’s outcome shouldn’t even be a surprise. 

Can get better coaching at Bishop Sycamore 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

LSU goes 5-5 last year and quits before the bowl season. They replace both coordinators and spend the entire offseason mired in scandal. They lose their presumptive starting QB as camp starts. Then, to open their season, they show up (checks notes) … ranked 16th and 5 spots ahead of Texas? I mean that is fucking absurd. There was nothing to justify that ranking other than thoughtless “meeehhhh, SECSECSEC” bullshit from the voters. Last night’s outcome shouldn’t even be a surprise. 

You forgot to add that their head coach is a fuckin potato.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Matt Campbell

Campbell struggled to beat UNI while Ferentz destroyed Indiana. If I were a Cyclones fan then I’d be really concerned about Campbell losing a fifth straight game to the Hawkeyes. (Might have been six straight if not for the pandemic that canceled their game last year.) And I’m not even that big a fan of Kirk Ferentz. He probably should’ve been fired long ago. He’s no Hayden Fry. I just don’t get the love for Matt Campbell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This game, as well as Alabama v Miami, is a good illustration as to why the rankings should not start until four weeks of the season have passed.

I mean, in the past week, or so, I have actually heard Sam Howell, D'eriq King and Clemson D.J. mentioned in the same sentence as the Heisman Trophy. It's fucking ridiculous.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I was told our takes are wrong. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Campbell struggled to beat UNI while Ferentz destroyed Indiana. If I were a Cyclones fan then I’d be really concerned about Campbell losing a fifth straight game to the Hawkeyes. (Might have been six straight if not for the pandemic that canceled their game last year.) And I’m not even that big a fan of Kirk Ferentz. He probably should’ve been fired long ago. He’s no Hayden Fry. I just don’t get the love for Matt Campbell. 

Iowa State was a doormat before he showed up. He shouldn't be struggling with directional Iowa schools at this point but he's done a great job overall. That said, I agree that they will most likely lose to Iowa.

This game was entertaining as hell.  Congrats Sbbruin.  LSU came out to intimidate and punched you guys in the mouth.  Past UCLA teams would have folded, but your guys punched those fuckers right back.  Repeatedly.  Looking forward to watch them again this season.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Oh good lord, are the resident alliance members on the board going to start this sec-shit now?

OU are our conference mates and I was rooting like hell for the upset yesterday.

LSU are our future conference mates and I enjoyed the hell out of watching UCLA dominate them.

If you want LSU to lose because they're lsu and it's always fun to watch them get knocked down a peg or two, great, but fuck this conference/alliance pride shit.

Nah. Just did it to ruffle some feathers.  

6 hours ago, Gidnik said:

it looked like last year was no fluke for Ed O.  hes got no QB and lsu will struggle to be bowl eligible. 

I thought Johnson was pretty good.  We were just in on him most players and he got knocked around pretty hard.  I think he’ll be a good QB.

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

UCLA  is gonna get a test from Fresno in a couple of weeks.  If they beat Fresno, they are the favorite to win the conference as far as I'm concerned.

I think it would be necessary to beat conference opponents in order to make them favorites to win the conference. But that’s just me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

You mean the one that didn’t play, not the behind the back impersonation of pistol pete. Johnson is terrible.

Meh he took hits and delivered the ball. With a competent coach he might be pretty decent. It seemed their game plan was to come in and make scary faces and pretend they are 2019 version.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

TE looked good

Dulcich will be a Mackey contender.  He was already pegged as one of the best, or the best, TE in the conference.  He’s got WR speed and TE size.  And great vision.  And he’s a former walk-on.  Gotta love that.

5DB2C4BB-D85C-49C3-9B3F-FC329A80C390.jpeg

B6CF649D-E9D9-41E3-9429-DA402A146987.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

And this is why I laugh when all the mouth breathers say shit like “oh, Texas and OU are in for a shock when they have to play an SEC schedule.”  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Kirk Ferentz is no Hayden Fry but there’s also no Hayden Fry out there waiting to come coach Iowa. Iowa has no business being the contenders they are in that league.  Proof positive that stability and a “good enough” coach can get you to double digit wins and some good bowls every now and then theif you can accept that 8 wins is most likely.

5 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I mean, who could have possibly known...that one of the best college coaches in the last 15 years would be able to put together a well coached team in college, despite sucking in the NFL.

No, your fanboy campaign for Kelly at Texas was still stupid and wrong. Kelly is totally fucking putrid at recruiting and has used the transfer portal to get players for this season at UCLA. The transfer portal that didn't exist when you were telling everyone in the world that Kelly was the greatest and we had to hire him. You don't get to pretend that 10-21 before the transfer portal saved him didn't happen.

Edited by Huckleberry

15 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

And this is why I laugh when all the mouth breathers say shit like “oh, Texas and OU are in for a shock when they have to play an SEC schedule.”  

Yep.

MSU escapes La Tech.

aggy struggles for 2-1/2 quarters with fucking Kent State.

Georgia can't score an offensive TD against Clemson.

Arkansas down 17-7 against Rice.

Tennessee struggling with whatever shitty team they played.

LSU getting boat raced by the UCLA versions of Money and Brewer.

Alabama and Auburn looked really good. I didn't know how Harsin would fit that culture, but it appears his modern offense will work there. The SEC East about to no longer be a shitty division once those 2 teams move there.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep.

MSU escapes La Tech.

Alabama and Auburn looked really good. I didn't know how Harsin would fit that culture, but it appears his modern offense will work there. The SEC East about to no longer be a shitty division once those 2 teams move there.

Vandy got shellacked by East Tennessee State. 

I mean, I known it's Vandy but still...

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, your fanboy campaign for Kelly at Texas was still stupid and wrong. Kelly is totally fucking putrid at recruiting and has used the transfer portal to get players for this season at UCLA. The transfer portal that didn't exist when you were telling everyone in the world that Kelly was the greatest and we had to hire him. You don't get to pretend that 10-21 before the transfer portal saved him didn't happen.

Because Charlie Strong and Tom Herman (the two coaches I was "campaigning" for Kelly to replace/be hired instead of) were so much better?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116c1d59bed795067a2d

• Hook 'Em 1

LSU dream list of Orgeron replacements on SEC Rant:
Luke Fickel
PJ Fleck
Billy Napier 
Hugh Freeze
Matt Campbell

only Freeze and Campbell would be a problem, Freeze because he would make Jimbo blush in recruiting.

Flecks pretty boy used car salesman schtick wouldn’t last 2 years in the bayou. He can’t even be compete in the weak ass big 10 west. How on earth would you expect him to contend in that sec west

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

To be fair, you have to expect a small boost from firing Linehan and Pellini.

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

LSU dream list of Orgeron replacements on SEC Rant:

Luke Fickel

PJ Fleck

Billy Napier 

Hugh Freeze

Matt Campbell

only Freeze and Campbell would be a problem, Freeze because he would make Jimbo blush in recruiting.

I think a lot of guys could be a problem at LSU. I'd take Fickel off that list. Cincy looks like they might be turning up the ass beating this year. 

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Herman absolutely outperformed Kelly during their overlap and he completely sucked.

Yeah imagine what Kelly could have done at a blue blood, resource packed place like Texas instead of a place that isn’t even the best program in their town, let alone the conference or the country. Imagine what Texas could have looked like under a proven BCS winning, conference winning, heisman winning, consistent too 5 placing coach like Kelly instead of an assistant with one decent year at a mid-major.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep.

MSU escapes La Tech.

Their schedules are a joke.  LSU has games coming up against:

Mc Neese

Central Michigan

Louisiana-Monroe