Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

ESPN is dragging Gruden during halftime of MNF. Shelter now saying that 2 high ranking execs told him last Fri when the original racist email was leaked that there was "no way" he could survive this.

When did Booger win The Masters? 

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

ESPN is dragging Gruden during halftime of MNF. Schefter now saying that 2 high ranking execs told him last Fri when the original racist email was leaked that there was "no way" he could survive this.

Typical ESPN. He did all of this on their dime. It's not like they have a record of shitty behavior from employees or something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I don't have a problem with him being disciplined or fired over his comments. What I have a problem with is that it took 10 years to do something about it. Whomever at the NFL saw these emails and didn't think any discipline needed to happen and allowed him to be associated with the NFL thru MNF and then as a coach - well they should burn too.

No one outside of Gruden and who he sent the emails to knew what he said until the WFT sexual assualt investigation. No one has been sitting on them for 10 years

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not gonna comment on Gruden’s ability to coach. Other than we dodged two bullets - if even attainable - with he and Meyer. Agreed totally on Chapelle. Just watched his last special. No commentary on it on Surly from what I could find. 

Jon Gruden was never on the table here. 

Just now, naija said:

some laugh out loud funny stuff on this thread.

someone said we dodged Gruden? when was he even an option?

I can't wait for his "I don't have a homophobic bone in my body" press conference.

people need to learn to use the word "dumbass" a LOT more.

2 minutes ago, naija said:

I can't wait for his "I don't have a homophobic bone in my body" press conference.

I think he quit so he wouldn't have to do a presser.  He will release some bullshit statement.  I'll have to save my popcorn for their clown ass owner taking questions from the press...for max lulz I hope ESPN asks the hardest hitting questions.

1 minute ago, naija said:

Gotta say, the apologies these days are kind of boring. "I got caught being a bigot, I'm sorry you took my words to mean anything other than the sincere compliment that I meant by them. I probably won't do it again."

I miss the good ol' days when Mike Piazza held a press conference to let everyone know that he wasn't a dirty ghey.

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden