Fat Gary? He gone.

Pancho

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

and Bill O'Brien was a colossal failure with pre perv DeShaun Watson.

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Averaging 46 and close to 500 yards a game. Yes.

Not the offenses fault they gave 34 points to that shitty aggy offense, and a kick return for a TD.

What in the god damn hell point are you attempting to make? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Kelsey Patterson is from Fort Worth but graduated from the University of Texas.  She also used to work in DeLoss Dodds' office.  The word in the DFW media is that GP is pissed off at TCU.  He may not want to be our DC - and the gumption to shitcan PK is likely lacking - but your dismissive ignorance of the surrounding zeitgeist is staggering.

lmao jesus christ

Supposedly he reached out CDC for our opening. He might like the demotion, but Del Conte and Sarkisian should make the call. As much as a slimy POS he is/was, if Texas wants to get serious about winning, they need some slimy POS's that can coach at an elite level on one side of the ball. His defense wasn't great this year, but I have a feeling that after this firing and the ability to focus solely on that side of the ball, Texas would be in great hands defensively for as long as he wanted to be here. I think he would get the most out of the talent running his 4-2-5 scheme.
Lol, I'll consider this fantasy horseshit until proven otherwise. Fat Gare has plenty of money and now all the time in the world to embark on his country music career.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:
Supposedly he reached out CDC for our opening. He might like the demotion, but Del Conte and Sarkisian should make the call. As much as a slimy POS he is/was, if Texas wants to get serious about winning, they need some slimy POS's that can coach at an elite level on one side of the ball. His defense wasn't great this year, but I have a feeling that after this firing and the ability to focus solely on that side of the ball, Texas would be in great hands defensively for as long as he wanted to be here. I think he would get the most out of the talent running his 4-2-5 scheme.

Lol, I'll consider this fantasy horseshit until proven otherwise. Fat Gare now has plenty of money and now all the time in the world to embark on his country music career.

Yeah, it's a lot different to reach out to CDC about our then-vacant HC job. It's quite another to to make the same inquiry for a not-currently-open DC job.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, it's a lot different to reach out to CDC about our then-vacant HC job. It's quite another to to make the same inquiry for a not-currently-open DC job.

You thought I was talking about Kwiatkowski's job? Holy shit you are some stupid mother fuckers. What job opening did Texas have in the last year?

He may coach again somewhere, may even end up as Saban's DC next year if things dont end well for Bama in the playoffs...but there's no way he and the missus dont head for one of their vacay homes by the end of the week. Hell, I'll watch futureman fist himself if Patty ends up as DC at Texas.

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You thought I was talking about Kwiatkowski's job? Holy shit you are some stupid mother fuckers. What job opening did Texas have in the last year?

Well, actually both our HC and DC jobs were open following last season.

I was answering ousux who I thought was entertaining the idea of trying to get Patterson to replace Kwiatkowski like others. I was simply saying even though GP might've been interested in our HC gig last winter, it does not mean he'd be open to taking out DC job that may or may not even be open in the next couple of months.

Damn, this is a dude who a few short years ago could have written his own check almost anywhere in the country. And it had been that way for a long time, there was like a decade window where GP would have been the front runner at virtually any job that opened if he cared to be.

Never liked the guy but surprised it ends this way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Agreed.  Some of the people I know are very high up alums and they are just tired of him. According to them nothing is ever good enough and the sideline antics have started to rub on them.  

I hope they crash and burn. TCU is a wannabe SMU academically that can’t fill up it’s weak stadium. Roaches. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

He got burned out. Throw in the uncertainty of the Big12, and the guy is tired of it.
I’m guessing money isn’t a problem, and when he is ready someone else will gladly hire him if that’s what he wants.

Or he wore out his welcome. Let's face it, Gary's style, such as it is, isn't exactly endearing. 10 years ago when they beat Wisky in a Rose Bowl that TCU was highly motivated for he was a hero in Ft Mirth in spite of his sweaty, crusty, curmudgeon-ness. Winning cures most ills and when that stops people start looking at personality flaws a little more closely. Pachal, the team's drug issues, some sexual assault by players, a lot of shit happened on his watch. AD can get same or better results without the headaches and do it more economically. 

Absolutely someone will take him. 

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We should throw in the towel on PK and offer Fat Pat DC.

WTF is wrong with you people? A 2-time National COY is not going to be DC anywhere. This is the legendary UT arrogance that people make fun of. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, nnm said:

WTF is wrong with you people? A 2-time National COY is not going to be DC anywhere. This is the legendary UT arrogance that people make fun of. 

Disagree with this. It's never seemed like Gary cared so much about the money and his love is coaching defense. He doesn't like the rest of the crap that goes along with being HC.  I could easily see him taking a year or two as DC somewhere before deciding if he want to be head coach again (spoiler: he will)

Our defense has been horrible this year. The last time I saw a TCU defense this bad was in the 70s. GP has a great MIND for defense. Dick Bumpas (who retired in 2014) is a great COACH of Gary's defense. I think Bumpas has come back for some short sessions with the team over the years, but apparently not this year.

I respect GP. He pulled TCU football up from the ashes. He will always be loved by TCU. I'm also sorry he's going out this way...it's not what many of us TCU fans envisioned. We have so many fond memories of TCU football under Gary's leadership. Many of us would have preferred that he retire, so we could honor him appropriately.

Now that this has been done, we will remember the hits and forget the misses. 

I think we should get Baylor to hire our next head coach. They have found 2 good ones in a row. Seriously, how did Baylor find 2 great HCs in a row???

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That won’t matter. It just sets the floor for his next gig 

I really think the entire point was to give utsa a much bigger windfall when he leaves via a much larger buyout. It may be this year, it may be next year, but if Traylor is really the top level coaching candidate some on this board believe, he won't stick around UTSA for long.  $2.8 million is immaterial for the types of job that might come calling for him if he strings together a couple of years like he has going now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh, right, I meant Minnesota. I think he wound up as an assistant at Rutgers after that. Brain fart. 

Yup. He retired in a tear-soaked press conference 36 hours before a game saying that the retirement was because he couldn't get his seizures under control.

He then spent the next 6 years bouncing as an assistant from Rutgers to Virginia Tech to TCU, where he's now the interim.

And yes, he does bear a more-than-passing resemblance to a thirteen lined ground squirrel.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Disagree with this. It's never seemed like Gary cared so much about the money and his love is coaching defense. He doesn't like the rest of the crap that goes along with being HC.  I could easily see him taking a year or two as DC somewhere before deciding if he want to be head coach again (spoiler: he will)

The guy making over $6M/year never cared about money?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, maybe Gare wants more time to play guitar and write music -- ATX is a great place for that...  😋

I’ll give Patterson this. In the 2008 coach’s poll, which determined the B12 south champion, he voted Texas a spot higher than OU (we beat OU head to head by ten points). Gundy, Leach, Briles and Sherman all voted Texas several spots lower than OU (their goal being to make sure that OU won the vote). 

I don’t know if that was Patterson’s vote, or del Conte’s (with an eye toward joining the Big 12 and not making enemies that could keep them out), but I’ll always credit him for it. 

• Hook 'Em 7