Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

8 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

were they targeting people in the building , using the parade as a cover to blend in and escape?  Not understanding 800 cops were assigned to said parade.

800 cops, open carry is legal and nobody could stop 22 people from getting shot. 

47 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

For real.  I'd like to think I'd respond likewise, but it's easy to say.  They took that guy out.

I think about that occasionally and I’ve settled on it depends if my wife/kids are with me.  

Whole family = getting out of there.  Wife only = unsure.  By myself = much more likely to Patriot Games it. 

Regardless, depends on if you have leverage or not.  Stupid to charge straight at someone.  

Edited by Homercles

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Just doing quick math, we're going to need 17,600 cops. Add cut taxes. 

What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if those 17,600 cops all had bumpstocks? Would that do anything for you? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Shoulda just called these heroes over in St. Louis to drive on over to work security.....

_114091329_2c77172.jpg

important human physiological note:  Neither of those two hair colors exist naturally.

(I'm not petty or anything.)

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

it's damn hard to stop someone under these circumstances. 

Yeah.

The whole concept of "good guy with a gun could have stopped this" implies the killing of innocent people has already started and that at least one innocent person must be shot so that Cosplaying Rambo dorks can carry on with their fantasies uninterrupted.

Which of, would be insane even if it worked, but is super-insane when it doesn't and relies on an unarmed man to tackle shooter after 22 people, half of them kids according to initial reports, are shot.

Kids' rights to living their lives vs Rambo dorks' rights to being dorks...

Gosh, this really is a Sophie's choice!

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn Brittany Mahomes…I just…her husband is the GOAT (or on his way to GOAT status) but I get her sentiment. Very poorly written. However, I am stealing “highly embarrassed and disappointed” for every shooting covered on surly. Tots  and Pears 🍐 has grown stale. 

I am highly fucking embarrassed and mother fucking disappointed in today’s shooting at the Kansas City fucking parade of winning! KC is kind of getting on my nerves football team that is becoming Patriot-like man! (See how that carries more weight than tots and pears?) 

IMG_9420.thumb.jpeg.647bcd5b3ec956e95f7999e3467e6c9e.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Gang shit happens close to 1,000,000 people. Film at 11

I at least figured it wasn’t an orchestrated terror plot because listening to the news in the car on the way to my Valentines dinner they said the shooting happened at the end of the parade. Just figured that out using my limited semantics and I study crime and shit. My dinner dessert (the restaurant has Big Lebowski stuff all over the menu and restaurant)

IMG_9401.jpeg

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/zombie-knives-be-banned-england-wales-september-2024-01-24/

England and Whales gets it. It’s the tool not the person.

Naw, it’s the person, 100% of the time.  Take away the tool and your drooling cohorts would be insignificant.  Like in the upcoming elections.  Vote, don’t shoot.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Naw, it’s the person, 100% of the time.  Take away the tool and your drooling cohorts would be insignificant.  Like in the upcoming elections.  Vote, don’t shoot.  

Wait, so all we have to do is convince 70 million people that worship guns to vote for gun control?  That’s it? Well, shit, why didn’t we think of that sooner.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I at least figured it wasn’t an orchestrated terror plot because listening to the news in the car on the way to my Valentines dinner they said the shooting happened at the end of the parade. Just figured that out using my limited semantics and I /s study crime /s am a serial killer and shit. My dinner dessert (the restaurant has Big Lebowski stuff all over the menu and restaurant)

IMG_9401.jpeg

Edited by DDD Dad
What happened to strikeout option?
  • Haha 2