Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

“Could have been worse.”

So his solution to now being firmly the deadliest state for mass gun deaths is to just mix around magnet poetry?  I'm guessing the freezer is on the bottom at his house?  

For real---Texas GOP excuse edition of fridge magnet poetry.  Same 50 cowardly words with some articles and pronouns.  $19.95/set.  Proceeds go to shooting victim's families.  We could make $500k in just a few months.  

• Like 1

At least 40 shots I could count in that 45 second video....but thoughts and prayers

But that volume of fire in less than a minute had NOTHING to do with him having a semi-auto AR with a high capacity clip.

OOPS. I said clip instead of magazine. Therefore, my sarcasm is invalid, and we should spend the next 300 posts discussing proper terminology.

This is the American dream. The greatest country in the world! This isn’t even a problem…and if it IS…well, the solution is easy: WE NEED EVEN MORE GUNS! EVERY PERSON OVER 2 YEARS OF AGE SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO CARRY AN AR FOR DEFENSE! AND OUR OURLET MALLS SHOULD HAVE DEFENSIVE .50 CAL MACHINE GUN NESTS ON THE ROOFLINE EVERY 100 YARDS, MANNED BY RETIRED VETERANS!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

“Could have been worse.”

He could latterly shithomself during the press conference and say, fuck them who got shot, I hope they believed in Jesus and I don’t care and the average texas would still vote for him 10/10 times

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

To be expected. Hell we had a 3 page discussion on another shooting where people here wouldn’t even open the door for a kid shot and people agreed with that take. We are shitty people 

dude, in no way should those two situation be compared. i would assume 100% people in the middle of a chaotic shooting scene would duck and run. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But that volume of fire in less than a minute had NOTHING to do with him having a semi-auto AR with a high capacity clip.

OOPS. I said clip instead of magazine. Therefore, my sarcasm is invalid, and we should spend the next 300 posts discussing proper terminology.

This is the American dream. The greatest country in the world! This isn’t even a problem…and if it IS…well, the solution is easy: WE NEED EVEN MORE GUNS! EVERY PERSON OVER 2 YEARS OF AGE SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO CARRY AN AR FOR DEFENSE! AND OUR OURLET MALLS SHOULD HAVE DEFENSIVE .50 CAL MACHINE GUN NESTS ON THE ROOFLINE EVERY 100 YARDS, MANNED BY RETIRED VETERANS!

only Veterans from Red States. 

One thing we never hear anymore is, "This is the kind of place you would never expect something like this to happen."
It was always inane and more than a little racist/classist. Now, we're all equal opportunity victims. There is no place where something like this would be totally unexpected. Churches, schools, little towns, big towns, shopping malls, movie theaters, you name it.
Envy of the world.

Yeah. Envy of the world. Greatest country ever. I love the lies we tell ourselves.

Was visiting my daughter in Gothenburg last week. She was telling us about a shocking act of violence that really threw the city on its heels recently. I mean, the kind of horrific act that made people stop and ask “wait, what the hell is wrong with us?” That act being…a random stabbing in the city center. A mentally ill woman stabbed another woman (she survived).
A single, non-fatal stabbing made the entire city sit down and re-evaluate shit.
Here…that would be the least violent event in the news cycle every single day.
If they had a shooting like we just had in Allen A FEW FUCKING HOURS AGO, the whole country would stop. Of course, they give something of a shit about other human beings and human life.
We…do not. In fact, giving a shit about others is the crime of being “woke.” Only by being max selfish, and treating other people like shit, can we demonstrate how true American we really are.

We are a broken fucking country. And our main response to this shit is “let’s make it even WORSE.” Fuck.
  • Like 8
  • Rage+1 1

Do you think Raphael has this tweet sentence in the notes section of his phone? Just have to change out the name of city/county. 

Just a heads up. That thread, just a few tweets down, has a photo of casualties before they were covered up. One appears to be a very young child. I wish I had known before I saw it.

3 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Just a heads up. That thread, just a few tweets down, has a photo of casualties before they were covered up. One appears to be a very young child. I wish I had known before I saw it.

Get used to it, it won’t be the last one you see so might as well get used to it  

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I wish every person who thinks unregulated access to firearms is a great idea could see that photo. But they'd probably just say that it's too bad a good guy with a gun wasn't instantly present to dispatch the shooter in the 5 seconds it took him to get out of his car and murder 5 children. 

• Like 3

Get used to it, it won’t be the last one you see so might as well get used to it  

I can’t recall the last time I accidentally viewed a photo of an elementary school kid with their brains blown out but maybe I just internet different that’s a lot of folks.

I wish every person who thinks unregulated access to firearms is a great idea could see that photo. But they'd probably just say that it's too bad a good guy with a gun wasn't instantly present to dispatch the shooter in the 5 seconds it took him to get out of his car and murder 5 children. 

Yep. If I owned a billboard, I’d put that photo, and others like it, right there on I-35, so nobody could avoid seeing the truth.
The truth being that we have chosen this. This is a policy success.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I sing even know what to say do about guns anymore.

Mandatory buybacks of automatic and semiautomatic weapons are the only thing that would make a difference at this point; and they are both politically untenable in a large portion of the country and would still result in significant number of casualties.

This problem isn’t going to get solved.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I’m not a ghoul, but what you witnessed is what happens when everybody in America is allowed to buy assault type weapons. It’s especially true in Texas where permits, licenses and training are not a requirement to purchase.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. If I owned a billboard, I’d put that photo, and others like it, right there on I-35, so nobody could avoid seeing the truth.

I don’t want to see it but feel free to post it in the gun owners thread with a spoiler, because the people there should bear witness if they are going to oppose red flag laws.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

Good luck. Billboards are for medical disinformation in Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Active shooter prank at Walmart.

That's probably about the only thing that will end the nightmare.  Once Walmart sees their foot traffic dwindle and Amazon take their profits they'll dump some money into anti-gunnery candidates.  In return they'll ask for a $4 an hour minimum wage.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Magazine. 

negged. 

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

yup, 8 confirmed dead so far, 3 in critical. 

9 now confirmed dead 10 more injured, several critically. 

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i thought 1 of the 9 was the gunman as indicated by the police chief just a few minutes ago.  3 critical. 

That could be true. I just saw the crawl on the local station. It didn’t distinguish between victims and perpetrators. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

If Sandy Hook couldn't make a difference, a photo of a single child killed won't move the needle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

That could be true. I just saw the crawl on the local station. It didn’t distinguish between victims and perpetrators. 

as he walked out, a reporter asked about the gunman, and he said that was one of the 9.  

I'm interested in 2 things 

- timeline , when did it start and end? Was it 40 minutes or closer to 5? 

- all types of store/parking lot surveillance video.  Anything from phones/dashcams too.  This is going to take a long time to piece together. 

10 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

as he walked out, a reporter asked about the gunman, and he said that was one of the 9.  

I'm interested in 2 things 

- timeline , when did it start and end? Was it 40 minutes or closer to 5? 

- all types of store/parking lot surveillance video.  Anything from phones/dashcams too.  This is going to take a long time to piece together. 

Weird. I’m not remotely interested in any of the minutiae.