Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

I think so.  But in fairness to him, that was before all these stories of Patriotic Americans just opening fire on strangers for relatively harmless shit. So in that way, he is quite restrained and christian.  I suspect the next time somebody takes a french fry from the bottom of the bag, he's gonna unload a magazine into their chest.  You know, because Antifa.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I think so.  But in fairness to him, that was before all these stories of Patriotic Americans just opening fire on strangers for relatively harmless shit. So in that way, he is quite restrained and christian.  I suspect the next time somebody takes a french fry from the bottom of the bag, he's gonna unload a magazine into their chest.  You know, because Antifa.

Don't you mean a clip?

I'll show myself out.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

The America gun weebs love

Mehhh this exact same thing happened to me when I was in little league over at Dellwood near Bartholomew Park/the old airport.  And I turned out totally fine and not damaged at all!!!!!!! NO REALLY IM TOTALLY FINE.  BELIEVE ME.

Crazy Eyes GIF

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Certainly doesn't qualify for a "mass shooting" but seems the best place to put this unless we just want to have a "life is cheap" thread for these other gratuitous shootings.

Impulsively I am not even mad. But of course that is a ridiculous overreaction.

I was playing poker with some buds (not trans) and after the draft I switched over to CNN.  They were doing a story on the leaker Teixiera, showing pics of his bedroom and some "guns" on his bed. "High capacity AK-47 style rifle pictured here."

They were all airsoft guns. I have no idea how dangerous those things are but that was egregious misreporting. 

Come on MSM you gotta do better. I don't know how many guns he really owned. He obviously had a fetish. But get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Certainly doesn't qualify for a "mass shooting" but seems the best place to put this unless we just want to have a "life is cheap" thread for these other gratuitous shootings.

Psycho.

• Hook 'Em 1

Be careful with your leaf blowers. It’s tough out there:

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/04/28/man-using-leaf-blower-shot-killed-by-neighbour-in-his-own-driveway/

According to the Lake County Sheriff's Office, William Martys was found dead in his driveway with a gunshot wound to the head about 7.35pm (local time) on April 12. He was declared dead at the hospital. 

This week — after a two-week investigation — authorities arrested Martys' 79-year-old neighbour, Ettore Lacchei, who they say approached Martys and started arguing with him. During the altercation, Lacchei allegedly shot and killed Martys.

"Our condolences go out to the family and friends of William Martys, who was senselessly murdered," Lake County Sheriff John Idleburg said.

"The members of the sheriff's office are relentless when it comes to seeking justice for victims. The members of our Criminal Investigations Division have been working around the clock to bring Mr. Martys' murderer to justice, and I am happy Mr. Martys' family can begin the closure and healing process."

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

This is a good example of why no-threshold carry and possession is dangerous and needs to be stopped.  Guns plus the aggravation of life is not a good combo.

But fuck the dead guy, you’re making your living by stealing from people.  I’m glad he’s gone. I’d never vote to convict for anything that came with real time. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d73o156s8cbkclqlkk0n

I don’t think people should be able to just carry guns around unlicensed in public precisely because of shit like this. Shooting people down in the street is dangerous and chaotic. 

In this case, the person who got shot was a total piece of shit who earned his money by pretending to be a parking lot attendant. He stole from people. I’m glad he’s dead. I’d convict the shooter for discharging a firearm in a city (or if we had tougher gun laws, I’d convict him for that). But never for murder or anything related to removing the world of this guy.  That guy’s life was not just cheap, it was negative value. 

• Fuck You 10

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

Can’t say I agree with the murder but I can certainly see why he resumed his date

• Drool 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t think people should be able to just carry guns around unlicensed in public precisely because of shit like this. Shooting people down in the street is dangerous and chaotic. 

In this case, the person who got shot was a total piece of shit who earned his money by pretending to be a parking lot attendant. He stole from people. I’m glad he’s dead. I’d convict the shooter for discharging a firearm in a city (or if we had tougher gun laws, I’d convict him for that). But never for murder or anything related to removing the world of this guy.  That guy’s life was not just cheap, it was negative value. 

What if I told you the deceased was Sweet Dee because she got wrapped up in "the Gang's" latest hair-brained scheme to get Charlie a date with the waitress? Those $40 were critical for Mack getting him the red cumberbund and some gas station flowers.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I assume this is hyperbole/joke on your part. But…No he uh. He murdered him. Whether or not he was a piece of shit doesn’t really matter, especially since he did not do anything violent.

Also, maybe if you get scammed like that, you should not be carrying a lethal weapon. whatever happened to kicking someone’s ass and/or calling the cops if $40 gets your hackles raised that much?

Following your logic, there would be dozens of dead bodies in the various surfaces lots around the Cotton Bowl every year. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 dead in Texas.  including two who apparently suffered fatal shots trying to shield two children. 

But yes, yes.  "What about Chicago?"

Gunman used an AR-15 which I am told stands for 'A-Assault.  R-Rifle.'  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is a good example of why no-threshold carry and possession is dangerous and needs to be stopped.  Guns plus the aggravation of life is not a good combo.

But fuck the dead guy, you’re making your living by stealing from people.  I’m glad he’s gone. I’d never vote to convict for anything that came with real time. 

So a human life is worth approximately $40? Okay.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wow

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is a shit take and you should be ashamed you got on this website and typed it out.

I'm really hoping that was sarcastic.

I have many guns. They sit in a safe that is bolted to the foundation a vast majority of the time. I also carry.

You could literally have a dude walk brazenly into my house, grab a TV and walk out while I am fingering my 12 gauge. I wouldn't shoot him. Because a $1k TV is not worth the cost of retaining representation. $10k or $15k for a no bill I imagine. Am I angry? Sure. But it's just stuff.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

5 dead in Texas.  including two who apparently suffered fatal shots trying to shield two children. 

But yes, yes.  "What about Chicago?"

Gunman used an AR-15 which I am told stands for 'A-Assault.  R-Rifle.'  

From the NY Times article:

“He said, ‘I’ll do what I want to in my front yard,’” Sheriff Capers said of the gunman.

Sheriff Capers told reporters that the gunman was known to “frequently” fire an AR-15 in his front yard. It was unclear what type of firearm the gunman used in the shooting

2 hours ago, 4th_and_18 said:

I’m from Cleveland, TX. Any time someone says it made the news again I’m conditioned to ask, “how many died this time?” Never any good news out of that shit hole.

The white-trashiest side of my family is from Cleveland.   My mom got away from there but she gets still mad because I didn’t bring my kids to Cleveland to visit her side of the family.  Sorry Mom, I love you, but your siblings and nephews and nieces are pure fucking garbage and my kids are better off not knowing them. 
I remember one day when I was 10 or 11 and some local teenagers rolled up to my grandma’s property because my cousin had stolen some auto parts from them or something.  They all got out of the car wielding pipe wrenches and baseball bats. My uncle comes out of the house, screaming at his wife to “Call the law!!”  Then he holds one of them face down in the dirt with his .308 at the back of his head.  The others run back to the car and my uncle fucking shoots the back tire out.  They drive off with the flat. Uncle holds the dude there until the sheriff shows up. And we all get seconds of grandma’s peach cobbler on the front porch like nothing ever happened. 

In the grand scheme of things, the events of that day are not even newsworthy, but the fact that nobody in the family even raised an eyebrow at it resonated with me even as a kid.   That was my first realization that my cousins and me might as well be living on opposite sides of the planet from each other.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Senate Candidate for Arizona. Iraq War Veteran USMC 0311/0341. Member of Congress for #Az03. Hispanic/Latino. Father of Michael. Husband to @syd_gallego

Bottom line: leave the weapons to people who need them (i.e. the military).  

33 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

“He said, ‘I’ll do what I want to in my front yard,’” Sheriff Capers said of the gunman.

Sheriff Capers told reporters that the gunman was known to “frequently” fire an AR-15 in his front yard. It was unclear what type of firearm the gunman used in the shooting

San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers told reporters at the scene that authorities were still searching for 39-year-old Francisco Oropeza following the overnight shooting in the town of Cleveland, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of Houston. He said Oropeza used an AR-style rifle in the shooting.

Edited by Bullneck

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah a Mexican shooting Hondurans is only going to incite the anti-immigration folks. 

Imagine the possibility of a different outcome if the killer had been drunk kicking a soccer ball instead of drunk shooting an AR.

Of course I don’t think you should be able to gun people down in the street over scams, ffs.  That’s a big part of the reason I want to get rid of most legal carry and to seriously vet people who buy guns.  Introducing guns causes shit like this. I also want a society where getting targeted by criminals is exceedingly rare and we have little tolerance for people who victimize others. 

I’m still going to save my real outrage for dead neighbors who just want to sleep, and school kids, and teenagers ringing a doorbell looking for help, or people who turn down the wrong driveway. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

It was probably safer being in Texas in 1823…

Not for the Indigenous peoples in "Texas."

The genocide/ethnic cleansing was already underway by the rifle-toting Euro-Christian colonizers/conquerers as they stole the lands that became Texas. To make way for all those supposedly "peaceful" Christians we keep hearing about, at least according to the preachers, propagandists, and true believers.

ConquestTexas.jpg

Edited by BevoAbyss

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

First off-that's a weird thing to do in your front yard.  I don't even piss in my front yard (but piss all the time in the backyard).  Secondly, there are a number of news outlets reporting that he indeed used an AR-15 during the mass murder.  But I know assumptions can go sideways in a hurry, so I know better and should hang back until hundreds of our would-be resident ballistics expert posters chime in on ammo and caliber detail.  

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Of course I don’t think you should be able to gun people down in the street over scams, ffs.  That’s a big part of the reason I want to get rid of most legal carry and to seriously vet people who buy guns.  Introducing guns causes shit like this. I also want a society where getting targeted by criminals is exceedingly rare and we have little tolerance for people who victimize others. 

I’m still going to save my real outrage for dead neighbors who just want to sleep, and school kids, and teenagers ringing a doorbell looking for help, or people who turn down the wrong driveway. 

Yeah, that's not what you said.  You basically said it was OK the petty thief got murdered.  There's no walking that back.

• Hook 'Em 6

35 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Having thresholds for “ok to murder” is still fairly shitty.  Hope your day improves.  

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Not for the Indigenous peoples in "Texas."

The genocide/ethnic cleansing was already underway by the rifle-toting Euro-Christian colonizers/conquerers as they stole the lands that became Texas. To make way for all those supposedly "peaceful" Christians we keep hearing about, at least according to the preachers, propagandists, and true believers.

ConquestTexas.jpg

Have you read this book? I'd be interested to know his take on the relationship between Comanche raids and Anglo response.

Sad to think these people immigrated here from Honduras (legally, from what I've read) just to end up dying of the same sort of violence.    Imagine to be ridiculed and vilified for simply trying to do the lawful thing and make things better for your family, only to have that family gunned down by another immigrant who reaches a point where violence against others is his only release.   

It's just another way our immigration system is broken.  Instead of helping those who turn to our country for a fresh start, we turn them into pariahs.  That makes it a better political football.  This is a mixture of two footballs, immigration and gun control.  And the game is played at the expense of thousands of innocent lives.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1