Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

I'm so glad to learn that, unlike so many of his compatriots in "combat sports," Michael Buffer is not a MAGA chud

Michael Buffer, like all real boxing fans, is a student of history and there is no better analogue to the devolution of our culture than the decline of boxing and the rise of bloodsport 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, fattyflattie said:

Unequivocally no. It’s not even close to my #1 issue.   If we voted on things a la carte, would be a no brainer yes (up to and including red flag, depending) but that’s not how we do things here, so we get what we have chosen. 

So you're cool continuing to do nothing to protect our children, family, friends, neighbors, fellow citizens, and possibly yourself from the dangers of assault weapons because you want to buy another boat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

So you're cool continuing to do nothing to protect our children, family, friends, neighbors, fellow citizens, and possibly yourself from the dangers of assault weapons because you want to buy another boat.

For the last got damn time, fuckstickfatty wants to buy a yacht, not a mere boat.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Since we’re dealing with a bipartisan issue here, I’d love to hear what proposals were put forth by the various GOP leaders that spoke at the NRA convention.

Some proposed Applebee's, one proposed Hooters but got shot down (with some secret whispers about "later"), and some asshat suggested Olive Garden.

Olive Garden it was.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Since we’re dealing with a bipartisan issue here, I’d love to hear what proposals were put forth by the various GOP leaders that spoke at the NRA convention.

@fattyflattie I know you’re waiting eagerly for your GOP reps to put forth some sensible gun reform measures.

Did you have a chance to review the proposals put forth by GOP leaders in Indianapolis?

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some proposed Applebee's, one proposed Hooters but got shot down (with some secret whispers about "later"), and some asshat suggested Olive Garden.

Olive Garden it was.

I picture Wayne LaPierre like Paul Giamatti in "Sideways" walking into Olive Garden, "No.  If anybody orders Bud Light, I am leaving!  I am not drinking any fucking Bud Light!"  

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Correct. I’ve already got several mere boats. 

It you're relying on the GOP to deliver tax cuts so you can buy a real yacht, you're not really yacht material.  

Yachts are for the global elite and offshore tax strategies.  You probably don't qualify. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Without looking, I’m betting they said the problem isn’t the guns, it’s the people. And we need more guns. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Without looking, I’m betting they said the problem isn’t the guns, it’s the people. And we need more guns. 

Trump proposed funding to research the mental health effects of gender transformation medicines.

That actually happened. It ain’t the guns, it’s the trannies.

3 mass shootings in the same mid-size American city in less than a week?  

I mean, if ever there was fucking evidence that localized thoughts and prayers coming from a concentrated location can actually produce positive energy out into the universe to effect desired outcomes, I think this is finally it.   

Maybe a judge somewhere (I'm looking at you Amarillo) will challenge the Dept of Transportation's authority to prohibit loaded guns in planes.  I mean, who wants to be unarmed on a plane if someone else sneaks a gun on board and starts shooting.  It's your 2a right to be able to shoot back.  And don't talk about "decompression" or whatever, that's not in the Constitution.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yeah, wasn't there some TSA study done a couple years ago and like 5,000+ handguns slipped through terminal screening each year?  So we need good guys with guns up there.  I sure as shit won't be left holding just my dick.  And you're absolutely right, there was zero discussion of high altitude pressurized risks mentioned in the Bill of Rights.  I mean, sure the Federalist Letters talk a little about decompression at nearly the speed of sound, but fucking Madison was always a bush-league aerospace physicist.  It was really Hamilton and Jay that did the heavy lifting when it came to the freedoms of jet propulsion. 

Also, this horrific week of mass shootings is nothing compared to what's on Hunter Biden's laptop/Drag Queens/Grooming/CRT/whatever else we're doing to pretend that our children are forever scarred from mass shooter drills.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Maybe a judge somewhere (I'm looking at you Amarillo) will challenge the Dept of Transportation's authority to prohibit loaded guns in planes.  I mean, who wants to be unarmed on a plane if someone else sneaks a gun on board and starts shooting.  It's your 2a right to be able to shoot back.  And don't talk about "decompression" or whatever, that's not in the Constitution.

Speaking of the Constitution, wasn't that written back in prehistoric times, maybe like when all guns were single shot muzzle loaders and no one had to worry about a nutcase with a semiauto?  I guess there is no use saying that some people need to wake up and face reality, then admit there is a problem.

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Also, this horrific week of mass shootings is nothing compared to what's on Hunter Biden's laptop/Drag Queens/Grooming/CRT/whatever else we're doing to pretend that our children are forever scarred from mass shooter drills.   

Texags - The lamestream media only talks about shootings if it's a straight white male.  If it's a trans person they ignore it.  /Texags

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Jesus.  

I've asked here before how many mass shootings it will take before Republicans start to feel for the victims and their families or at least become afraid for their own safety.  

Same guy's twitter:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t all teens in Alabama have guns?

In an average year, 1,090 people from 2011 to 2020, compared to a 33% increase
die and 3,422 are wounded by guns in Alabama. Alabama has the 2nd-highest rate of gun violence in the US.

36 minutes ago, Satchel said:

In an average year, 1,090 people from 2011 to 2020, compared to a 33% increase
die and 3,422 are wounded by guns in Alabama. Alabama has the 2nd-highest rate of gun violence in the US.

Sure, but what's the critical mass? All of these southern states lead the nation in gun violence, but they've got to be real close to arming enough people to be a peaceful utopia.

• Haha 2