Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

26 minutes ago, tchookem said:
39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:
one obvious problem, so many bad solutions. 

What catches my attention is that she's not concerned about doing the right thing, or going to an unpopular extreme. Her concern is that they're going too far and they'll lose power.

their policies appeal very well to their base, but their base is getting smaller and narrower by the day, because their policies are idiotic and out of touch.

they're slowly realizing this, but there's no real way to fix it.  anyone who tries gets primaried.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

one obvious problem, so many bad solutions. 

You can tell as she speaks she's had that Come to Jesus moment but she's too worried about her own payroll to say the obvious.  She knows the answer just like everyone in Trump's admin and at Fox knew the election wasn't stolen.  They're kowtowing to the dumbest people in their voting bloc.  Sickening, really.

I'm also bugged at how they look at mass slaughter as a policy issue and how it affects them.  Me, Me, Me.  Does this affect my election chances?  (Edit: I see TCHookem noted this as well).

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm also bugged at how they look at mass slaughter as a policy issue and how it affects them.  Me, Me, Me.  Does this affect my election chances?  (Edit: I see TCHookem noted this as well).

It's an extremely common trait in gun nuts. They're worried about me me me, fuck you I got mine, come and take it no compromise. Mass shooting? Better go out and buy more guns and ammo because OBUMMER BRANDON is gonna come and take MY guns! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It’s really the bone marrow adoration of guns I will never understand. I can’t remember the last planned gun massacre where the assassin didn’t have a cache of weapons and ammunition stored somewhere. I don’t get it. Why love something that can’t love you back?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Why's everybody acting like this is a problem?  It's the solution.  This kid would have stopped the gunman in Uvalde and any other school. He is the good guy with a gun.

I'll bet that is what his insanely unqualified parent is telling him. 

It’s really the bone marrow adoration of guns I will never understand. I can’t remember the last planned gun massacre where the assassin didn’t have a cache of weapons and ammunition stored somewhere. I don’t get it. Why love something that can’t love you back?

Because they are pathetic unlovable losers. Nobody was going to love them anyway.
The biggest problem with these losers is that they aren’t using the guns on themselves early and often.

If large numbers of black and middle eastern men started to open carry (preferably in the suburbs), the GQP would change their tune on gun restrictions.  Of course, a not insignificant number of those same black and middle eastern men would be killed by the police for exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.  

• Hook 'Em 6

In an average year, 1,090 people from 2011 to 2020, compared to a 33% increase
die and 3,422 are wounded by guns in Alabama. Alabama has the 2nd-highest rate of gun violence in the US.

Yep.

I went to NYC alone for my 50th birthday. My Trumpy dad was all freaked out about it and spewing the typical Fox News propaganda about NYC and I told him I’m more likely to be a victim of violence right here in Alabama and sent him the crime stats.

He shut up about it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure even gun nuts are taught not to point a gun at anyone

You’re remembering back to a time when “gun nut” referred to hunters, who viewed firearms as a tool of their trade/hobby. They exercised caution around guns, the same way a welder wears a visor or a woodworker uses the safety guard on a table saw. 

Gun nuts now are grown up versions of Ralphie from Christmas Story, enamored with childish cowboys-and-Indians gun fantasies. To this generation of enthusiasts, guns are no mere tool. Guns are an embodiment of their imagined identity, of the kind of Hollywood action hero they wish they were. Brandishing a gun makes them feel powerful and important and brave. When they pose holding a gun the way they see fictional badasses do on screen, they feel as if THEY are that badass. Safety be damned - they’re the hero of their own narrative and waving a sexy ass semiauto pistol around is what heroes do to show everyone how badass they are.

Gun culture is an escapist drug for emotionally stunted losers and it’s killing our republic.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

You’re remembering back to a time when “gun nut” referred to hunters, who viewed firearms as a tool of their trade/hobby. They exercised caution around guns, the same way a welder wears a visor or a woodworker uses the safety guard on a table saw. 

Gun nuts now are grown up versions of Ralphie from Christmas Story, enamored with childish cowboys-and-Indians gun fantasies. To this generation of enthusiasts, guns are no mere tool. Guns are an embodiment of their imagined identity, of the kind of Hollywood action hero they wish they were. Brandishing a gun makes them feel powerful and important and brave. When they pose holding a gun the way they see fictional badasses do on screen, they feel as if THEY are that badass. Safety be damned - they’re the hero of their own narrative and waving a sexy ass semiauto pistol around is what heroes do to show everyone how badass they are.

Gun culture is an escapist drug for emotionally stunted losers and it’s killing our republic.

own the libs, buy more guns.  that's enough for most of them.

thanks for posting.  heartbreaking to read about those kids knowing there are a ton more like them.

"Noah had been crying hysterically at the moment that the tactical team finally entered, video images showed later, but by the time he was loaded into an ambulance, he had shut down, Mrs. Diaz-Orona said. “He has not cried since.”

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Some of those survivors will be mentally and emotionally altered by the experience to the point of becoming what traumatized them. 

I've wondered about this.  I know very little about PTSD and other trauma-induced psychological issues, but I am aware that victims of abuse tend to become abusers.  Is this a risk for victims of random, heinous violence like a mass shooting?

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Because they are pathetic unlovable losers. Nobody was going to love them anyway.
The biggest problem with these losers is that they aren’t using the guns on themselves early and often.

Interesting story out about a couple beheading themselves, as some sort of sacrifice.  When I say it would be cool, you know what I mean.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Homemade guillotine.  1A, 1B.

I wonder if B had any second thoughts after seeing it. 

anyway, much better thought out than the pair that decided to suicide by cutting each other’s arms off with a circular saw. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

18 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Man, I don't know if I've ever laughed in this thread, but "You want my gun? Come kiss me for it!" had me rolling.

"If you want my gun, come spank me for it!"

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Homemade guillotine.  1A, 1B.

I thought of Sonny Bono in "Airplane II" when I read this.

Couple is at home depot, "We'll take this upright kit, this cart of lumber, caster kit, rope, and oh yeah---the 36" industrial grade blade assembly there..."

Clerk, "Uh, anything I can help you with as far as what you're working on?  I love a good DIY project."

-No thanks, we're just having a uh........politically charged crawfish boil

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've wondered about this.  I know very little about PTSD and other trauma-induced psychological issues, but I am aware that victims of abuse tend to become abusers.  Is this a risk for victims of random, heinous violence like a mass shooting?

Not so much for adults but when it happens to young children to this extent it can definitely change their trajectory. Mostly not to the level of shooting up people themselves, but to becoming more violent as teens and adults. 

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm designing a guillotine for my wife and I to commit suicide, I'm going with the doublewide model.

So like this, but with lo-flo flush and a massive fucking blade:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

they beheaded themselves of one another, or?  I'm a logitsics guy, walk me through it...

Right there on encyclopedia Yahoo.  They set up some sort of guillotine that cut both their heads off, and rolled the heads into their fireplace to burn.  Now, again, where you goin with this?

22 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I just took his post at face value.  Did they really commit some sorta double beheading suicide?  I don’t know, I cannot possibly keep up with every fucked death in this great country on a daily basis. 

Just pulling your chain, doc.

wtf! i've been offline a few days, i come back and every other thread in DT is someone 'mistakenly' shot... cheerleaders, random white ladies, poor black kids making fatal mistakes. i mean literally wtf is going on??

oh. yeah.

VengefulQuestionableInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

• Rage+1 3

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

wtf! i've been offline a few days, i come back and every other thread in DT is someone 'mistakenly' shot... cheerleaders, random white ladies, poor black kids making fatal mistakes. i mean literally wtf is going on??

oh. yeah.

VengefulQuestionableInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

image.png.8800a1fa7b79f81ab5ae07c29a7e4e30.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:10 AM, Covri said:

So, serious question for lawdawgs. The judge in the Rittenhouse case said that it wasn’t illegal for a 17 year old to carry a long-barreled weapon in Wisconsin, so on what grounds are the arresting this kid? Gun-free school zone? 

Tell me again how it is the Democrats' fault:

Tennessee moves to shield gun firms after school shooting

https://apnews.com/article/tennessee-gun-lawsuits-shooting-e35ded1be99d504b7ae1694ad030be17

"There are people that we should be going out of way to protect this week,” Sen. Jeff Yarbro of Nashville said. “And we’ve been receiving emails and calls, people are holding up signs, telling us to go out of our way to help those people. Not one of those signs says to protect the gun manufacturers."